Sign in to follow this  
unique

January Transfer Window

35 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Presumably we have McLean who can fulfill the homegrown status, unless Farke as already made up his mind he isn't good enough. It's been a long while since that half for the U23s....

I think homegrown status is for players who have played for English clubs during their early years, rather than British ones. Therefore I don't believe he would count as a homegrown player, unless someone can correct me?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Presumably we have McLean who can fulfill the homegrown status, unless Farke as already made up his mind he isn't good enough. It's been a long while since that half for the U23s....

Kenny McLean is Scottish, and spent all his time in the Scottish leagues. Hence not "home grown"

• Like 1

I wonder if all those speculating about premier league players coming in on loan have been paying attention to what Webber and Farke have been trying to build over the last 18 months. There is not a cat in hell's chance of us getting a PL player on loan if they are getting PL wages, so much as I'd love it, it's not going to happen. Remote possibility of a youngster but I think our coaches believe more in our own young players, so it's more likely that one or two of them will make the bench.

No one is mentioning a goalkeeper but we need a better one on the bench in case Krul gets injured - that's more important even than left back as we have enough others capable of covering there; without Krul we are completely stuffed.

If anyone arrives it will be another virtual unknown from abroad. I can't see anyone leaving who is in the first team squad - maybe Pinto, but that's doubtful now with the injuries piling up.

I can see us getting a youngster in on loan from a PL club with an option of a buy if we were to go up as long as it was on our terms. 6 months to develop in a squad with the right attitude and a perm move for prem football if we get it. This equally goes for Prem clubs as well as any other foreign market. Potentially what we did for Paslack which unfortunately for us and him doesn't seem to have worked out.

3 hours ago, Otis62 said:

I’d like to see Srbeny play this Saturday, to be fair to him he’s another player who’s hardly had  any game time. 

I’ve nothing against Srbeny and agree that he should play against Portsmouth. I just don’t believe Norwich need more than three strikers, so if another was to be brought in, as the poster I was responding to suggested, then one would have to be moved out. The most obvious candidate to go would be Srbeny. 

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I wonder if all those speculating about premier league players coming in on loan have been paying attention to what Webber and Farke have been trying to build over the last 18 months. There is not a cat in hell's chance of us getting a PL player on loan if they are getting PL wages, so much as I'd love it, it's not going to happen. Remote possibility of a youngster but I think our coaches believe more in our own young players, so it's more likely that one or two of them will make the bench.

No one is mentioning a goalkeeper but we need a better one on the bench in case Krul gets injured - that's more important even than left back as we have enough others capable of covering there; without Krul we are completely stuffed.

If anyone arrives it will be another virtual unknown from abroad. I can't see anyone leaving who is in the first team squad - maybe Pinto, but that's doubtful now with the injuries piling up.

Webber brought in Marcus Edwards last season and a few Premier League players on loan whole at Huddersfield. The cost of a young player on loan from a premier league team can often be fairly cheap if the parent club believe he will get good experience and develop well. Liverpool are covering pretty much all of Wilson’s wages as Derby made commitments to start him regulary. 

It would be hard to bring in more players from abroad at the moment due to the homegrown rules and would almost certianly need others to be moved out first. Marshall’s place on the bench is secured due to his homegrown status.

Going out and spending money on a back-up keeper wouldn’t really be a good use of valuable resources. You won’t be able to get anyone much better, or even as good as, McGovern if they know they’ll just be sat on the bench every week. 

48 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I’ve nothing against Srbeny and agree that he should play against Portsmouth. I just don’t believe Norwich need more than three strikers, so if another was to be brought in, as the poster I was responding to suggested, then one would have to be moved out. The most obvious candidate to go would be Srbeny. 

I like Dennis. Whenever he's come on he gets stuck in, puts himself about & is always looking for a shot or an assist. He's a big, awkward bloke with a lot more skill (& footballing intelligence) than you'd expect. I think he's been a bit unlucky so far.

I'm not at all sure someone like like Hogan would buy into Farke's plan in such a wholehearted way. As has been said many times this season it's the collective team spirit that's been the most impressive aspect of our performances. No transfers for me.

Hoola Han Solo

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Has everyone forgotten about  Steven Naismith ?  That's the man I'd like to get off our books.

Naismith is on loan at Hearts for the rest of the season upon which he’ll be out of contract. For all intents and purposes, he is “off our books”.

He's on our books till the end of the season, taking a lot of money

Edited by SwindonCanary

9 hours ago, ron obvious said:

I like Dennis. Whenever he's come on he gets stuck in, puts himself about & is always looking for a shot or an assist. He's a big, awkward bloke with a lot more skill (& footballing intelligence) than you'd expect. I think he's been a bit unlucky so far.

I'm not at all sure someone like like Hogan would buy into Farke's plan in such a wholehearted way. As has been said many times this season it's the collective team spirit that's been the most impressive aspect of our performances. No transfers for me.

Villa fans don't rate Hogan at all, and would love us to take him off their hands - and payroll.

Hogan, like Kodija before him, smacks of agents fleecing Tony Xia. An alleged £15 million for a player who Bassong and Bennett had in their back pocket when we beat them 5-0.

3 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Villa fans don't rate Hogan at all, and would love us to take him off their hands - and payroll.

Another bullet dodged – remember Ross McCormack? 😄

I really liked the look of Vaulks when we played against them a few weeks back, He seems to fit the Webber/Farke profile as well so I wouldnt be surprised if he's on a shortlist - but i doubt we'd go after him now, just too expensive in January unless Tettey's injury is serious and we have to replace him. Could see him signing a pre-contract deal like Buendia and coming in the summer though for sure. 

20 minutes ago, The Great Drinkell said:

Paul Heckingbottom would surely let Vaulks come to us at a fair price - he's a big Norwich fan and he'd love to see us in the premiership 🙂

Very much doubt Paul Heckingbottom would let Vaulks come to us at a fair price - Paul Warne might though! (Excuse the pedantry). 😉 

The spirit amongst the squad at Colney as well as in games is something we tend to overlook. Passlack and Rhodes add massively to that. Removing either could have a detrimental affect on team morale.

56 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The spirit amongst the squad at Colney as well as in games is something we tend to overlook. Passlack and Rhodes add massively to that. Removing either could have a detrimental affect on team morale.

They might not add massively to it though. They could be massive **** who nobody likes, getting them out might cheer everyone else up greatly - we just don’t know and can only speculate from the outside. 

14 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

They might not add massively to it though. They could be massive **** who nobody likes, getting them out might cheer everyone else up greatly - we just don’t know and can only speculate from the outside. 

I think we do know. You have to talk to people and use your eyes at games. For instance the match ball presented to Jordan Rhodes at Wycombe.

• Haha 1