Sign in to follow this  
unique

January Transfer Window

Would gladly accept no additions to the squad if it meant Aarons stays put ( and none of this sell now and loan back nonsense ).

We need another LB, if only a loanee. Can't see anyone leaving at this stage of the season (other than Oliveira), but the summer could be a different matter depending in what league we are in.

I guess the club will have a list of players who they’d be interested in loaning it the chance arises - Premier League clubs will reassess which young players need games and aren’t getting them. 

Tough to bring in a loanee left back as they will almost certainly end up playing back up to Lewis and no parent club will really want that situation.  

Interrsting ti see if there is some surprise movement out. The club were inviting offers for Vrancic and Stipermann in the summer who are both now integral players; does this mean players like Trybull are now available? He hasn’t put in a really good performance since last Christmas and you’d imagine he will he behind McLean when he returns to fitness (after already being behind Leitner and Vrancic). 

Oliveira and Pinto seems not considered anymore even squad players and seems both will be shipped out January.

Passlack no doubt not happy also and should be back to BVB.

If all fully fit we have big enough group and balance to end season but 1 full back may be will added  to the balance.

Moreno any one? as seems Klop have good relation with our German contingent and he is not on his plans...

My dream window (within reason):

pinto - sold, wages gone

olivera - sold or loaned might be better, wages gone

wildschut - recalled and sold

husband - sold, not good enough at all.

passlack - goes back. We have Marshall, Godfrey, Hernandez who are all above him for it. Even Thompson could play there.

jarvis - gone, already happened. 

Sign a homegrown left back. Brendan Galloway on loan from Everton? Perfect window. Money saved / raised and quality kept.  

Definitely need another left back and if we can offload Olive then I think to be able to change our style we could do with a big centre forward.

What we lacked against Derby was an outlet, sometimes knocking it long is needed to relieve the pressure.

Other than that I don’t think we need much other than replacing McGovern with a suitable alternative to Krul to give him some competition.

Would personally love to see us go for a player like Petagna from Spal. Big, strong  CF type in the  mould of Holt.

But possibly only able to consider someone like him if we were to get promoted. He would cost too much at this moment. And of course he may have no interest in English football. Yet as someone who watches a few European games, he is one of the ones I've been impressed with.

Think we need another winger personally. Cantwell looks tired and we can't rely on just him and Hernandez all season and hope they don't get a knock. Someone in the mould of Yanic but with an end product.

4 hours ago, kick it off said:

Think we need another winger personally. Cantwell looks tired and we can't rely on just him and Hernandez all season and hope they don't get a knock. Someone in the mould of Yanic but with an end product.

A cheeky loan bid for Jacob Murphy or Callum Hudson-Odoi perhaps. :classic_unsure:

Is it really true that Trybull hasn't put in a really decent performance since last Christmas?... Genuine question as I haven't seen him but surely DF would have noticed. 

14 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Is it really true that Trybull hasn't put in a really decent performance since last Christmas?... Genuine question as I haven't seen him but surely DF would have noticed. 

I think he has noticed, which is why he’s gone from starter to about 5th choice. 

He was pretty awful in the first half yesterday, but did pull it around a bit in 2nd half. He is one of 2 fit central midfielders at the moment so will probably get a little run in the team. Hopefully he can improve back to his previous level. 

OK, fantasy time (but not beyond the realms of possibility)... 

Out - Pinto, Olive, Husband - All permanent. Trybull - Loan. 

In

Scott Hogan (Villa) £2.5 Million 

Ryan Fredericks (West Ham) Loan

Dan Gosling (Bournemouth) Loan

We  should do what we've been doing. Find cheap bargains, low cost = low risk. Next summer we should spend a bit more.

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He was pretty awful in the first half yesterday, but did pull it around a bit in 2nd half.

I thought he had a decent performance in the second half

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

OK, fantasy time (but not beyond the realms of possibility)... 

Out - Pinto, Olive, Husband - All permanent. Trybull - Loan. 

In

Scott Hogan (Villa) £2.5 Million 

Ryan Fredericks (West Ham) Loan

Dan Gosling (Bournemouth) Loan

Why spend £2.5m on a striker when Norwich have Rhodes, Pukki and Srbeny?  

Not sure Norwich need another right back like Fredericks, especially one who is injured at the moment. 

Gosling is a good player and would add depth, although probably be behind Leitner. Gosling is also injured and as a player getting regular minutes at Bornemouth before injury it would be an expensive deal and not sure they’d actually want to loan him out. 

Bring in back up players is difficult as those coming down from the premier league are expensive and those coming up the leagues are a risk (also hard to get if their team is involved in promotion/relegation battles). Teams will be reluctant to loan young players to Norwich if they aren’t going to be first choice and older players will be reluctant to come for the same reason.

Personally I’d look at players like Joe Williams and Josh Vela at Bolton who are in dire straights and have to sell. They will struggle to make the payment promised for Remi Matthews so Norwich might be able to leverage that for someone. Sammy Ameobi would also be a good shout as an additional winger who has some physicality. 

41 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Why spend £2.5m on a striker when Norwich have Rhodes, Pukki and Srbeny?  

Not sure Norwich need another right back like Fredericks, especially one who is injured at the moment. 

Gosling is a good player and would add depth, although probably be behind Leitner. Gosling is also injured and as a player getting regular minutes at Bornemouth before injury it would be an expensive deal and not sure they’d actually want to loan him out. 

Bring in back up players is difficult as those coming down from the premier league are expensive and those coming up the leagues are a risk (also hard to get if their team is involved in promotion/relegation battles). Teams will be reluctant to loan young players to Norwich if they aren’t going to be first choice and older players will be reluctant to come for the same reason.

Personally I’d look at players like Joe Williams and Josh Vela at Bolton who are in dire straights and have to sell. They will struggle to make the payment promised for Remi Matthews so Norwich might be able to leverage that for someone. Sammy Ameobi would also be a good shout as an additional winger who has some physicality. 

Well for a start, Hogan is much better at this level than Srbeny. He's a player that would thrive in our system, as he did at Brentford. If Villa wanted to cut there loses then I think at £2-3 million he is a risk worth taking. Obviously I have no idea if Villa would accept that, nor would they likely want to sell to us. But he's down the pecking order and likely to be sold. Perhaps if Pukki goes he could be an ideal replacement? 

Gosling is back from  injury I think, and looking for game time. He's been in and out of the first team and nearly left in the summer. I understand your comment RE Leitner, and to some extent agree. However he's out to the end of January at best. Can we afford to not have a replacement until then? A player like Gosling could also fill the Tettey role. While we're at Bournemouth, I'd take Surman back on loan if there was a chance. 

Anyway, as I started my post, it's fantasy! I don't expect us to do much this month. 

19 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Well for a start, Hogan is much better at this level than Srbeny. He's a player that would thrive in our system, as he did at Brentford. If Villa wanted to cut there loses then I think at £2-3 million he is a risk worth taking. Obviously I have no idea if Villa would accept that, nor would they likely want to sell to us. But he's down the pecking order and likely to be sold. Perhaps if Pukki goes he could be an ideal replacement? 

Gosling is back from  injury I think, and looking for game time. He's been in and out of the first team and nearly left in the summer. I understand your comment RE Leitner, and to some extent agree. However he's out to the end of January at best. Can we afford to not have a replacement until then? A player like Gosling could also fill the Tettey role. While we're at Bournemouth, I'd take Surman back on loan if there was a chance. 

Anyway, as I started my post, it's fantasy! I don't expect us to do much this month. 

I’d only bring in a striker if Srbeny is sold. No need to fund 4 strikers when the team plays a 1 striker system. Just a waste of money.

Leitner is likely to miss 3 games until he is back, two of those are potential cup games (Sheff U have Barnet at home so even if Norwich lose to Pompey the game on the 26th is likely to be postponed). Spending a bunch of cash to cover a player for one game seems rash. Especially when Vrancic hasn’t been doing an awful job of it.

Anyone who is signed this January, a very expensive month to shop in, needs to be contributing a significant amount to the first team. Unless Webber can work up a deal like the Marcus Edwards one last January where Norwich made a minimal wage contribution so had very little risk whether he played or not. 

I suspect we will see a couple of players come in, especially if some magical deal for Nelson or Pinto can be done. Who they are will almost certainly be a surprise, as every transfer Webber has completed so far has been a bit left field. 

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I’d only bring in a striker if Srbeny is sold. No need to fund 4 strikers when the team plays a 1 striker system. Just a waste of money.

Leitner is likely to miss 3 games until he is back, two of those are potential cup games (Sheff U have Barnet at home so even if Norwich lose to Pompey the game on the 26th is likely to be postponed). Spending a bunch of cash to cover a player for one game seems rash. Especially when Vrancic hasn’t been doing an awful job of it.

Anyone who is signed this January, a very expensive month to shop in, needs to be contributing a significant amount to the first team. Unless Webber can work up a deal like the Marcus Edwards one last January where Norwich made a minimal wage contribution so had very little risk whether he played or not. 

I suspect we will see a couple of players come in, especially if some magical deal for Nelson or Pinto can be done. Who they are will almost certainly be a surprise, as every transfer Webber has completed so far has been a bit left field. 

My guess would be that if anyone comes in it will be a midfielder/utility player. You can never have too many of those (well, you can of course, but...) and sooner or later they should get a fair bit of game time (unlike, say, another striker), which might be a factor if it is a loan deal from the Premier League.

I also suspect that despite several changes we will make a fair effort to win on Saturday, to ensure the Sheffield United game is postponed, however they do against Barnet. They may well be happy to play us on the due date, given our depleted state.

This from the BBC Gossip page sums up the transfer window.

Chelsea and England striker Tammy Abraham, who is on loan at Aston Villa, will ask to activate a recall option to pursue a loan move at a Premier League club for the second half of the season. (Sun)

Abraham, 21, does not want to be recalled because he is happy on loan at Aston Villa, says manager Dean Smith. (Sky Sports)

Wolves are leading the race to sign Abraham, who has scored 16 goals at Villa this season. (Mail)

Utility player would love to see Harrison Reed back on a perm if we can get for reasonable sum, would cover at DM and RB.  Pinto and Oliviera will only go if someone wants them to sign may need Pinto as FB in Jan.

Trybull has not get much game time because of the resurgent Alex Tettey who even played 4 games  in 10 days which caught up with him yesterday, thought yesterday was better than Hull certain starter against Pompey and even more dependent of AT fitness. 

41 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Has everyone forgotten about  Steven Naismith ?  That's the man I'd like to get off our books.

Naismith is on loan at Hearts for the rest of the season upon which he’ll be out of contract. For all intents and purposes, he is “off our books”.

Ben Marshall to leave? Bearing in mind we’ve had Hernandez, Buendia and Lewis all injured at some point and Cantwell looking shattered but Marshall still hasn’t event featured from the bench.

Maybe Saturday will be his last chance to impress? 

1 hour ago, Clint said:

Ben Marshall to leave? Bearing in mind we’ve had Hernandez, Buendia and Lewis all injured at some point and Cantwell looking shattered but Marshall still hasn’t event featured from the bench.

Maybe Saturday will be his last chance to impress? 

His home grown status means he is pretty secure in the squad, unless Norwich can bring in a few other homegrown players. 

Presumably we have McLean who can fulfill the homegrown status, unless Farke as already made up his mind he isn't good enough. It's been a long while since that half for the U23s....

6 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I’d like to see Srbeny play this Saturday, to be fair to him he’s another player who’s hardly had  any game time.