shefcanary

Far East interest?

Well, where do you start?Ā  The basics are it's Derby again.Ā  The lights go out just as Norwich are in the ascendancy.Ā  Then derby come back to win.Ā  I bet several far Eastern syndicates are the richer!Ā  I'll leave it thereĀ 

Ā 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/the-floodlights-went-out-ndash-and-an-asian-betting-syndicate-raked-in-a-fortune-2066133.html

Interesting reading! Funny how the lights went out just after we'd taken the lead.

For those who understand how Asian Handicap betting markets work there's certainly a bit of a fishy smell about this.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saw this on Twitter yesterday, someone cashed out when the lights went out for Ā£50,000

Ā 
Ā 
šŸ‘Š 81' Norwich 3-2 Derby
šŸ’” 83' Lights go out at Carrow Road
šŸ¤‘ Cash In Ā£4 accumulator for Ā£50,000
šŸ˜… FT Norwich 3-4 Derby
The greatest Cash In ever?
Ā 

14 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/the-floodlights-went-out-ndash-and-an-asian-betting-syndicate-raked-in-a-fortune-2066133.html

Interesting reading! Funny how the lights went out just after we'd taken the lead.

For those who understand how Asian Handicap betting markets work there's certainly a bit of a fishy smell about this.Ā 

Interesting, thanks. Did anybody see if Frank sneaked off for a few minutes?šŸ˜€

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Interesting, thanks. Did anybody see if Frank sneaked off for a few minutes?šŸ˜€

Funny how Frank Lampard is mentioned in the first line of the article eh HermanĀ šŸ˜œšŸ˜œ

• Haha 1

Just seen the highlights. If the level of light lost on my highlights is accurate then the decision to suspend play is criminal.

Granted I wasnt there and will happily defer to anyone who was who thinks that was the right decision, but when I hear 'floodlight failure' I expect to see a complete black-out. From what I could see you wouldnt even have known a light was out.

Changed the momentum and psychology of the match. Unquestionable.

Nevertheless, after all that time, it should have been drilled into the players to see out the game. A team that is serious about promotion should be able to do that. Floodlights or not, the players should have been able to secure the points from that position. Zimmerman looks to have had a stinker. We badly need to learn to defend set pieces

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think we have to get over this chaps. Conspiracy theories make good reading but how about a paragraph about bad defending.

Really...and what if it emerges that something dodgy did happen?......still waiting for official word from the club as to why it happened.

Remember about 10 years ago or so under Glenn Roeder a Norwich v Derby game was linked to suspect asian betting patterns

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Really...and what if it emerges that something dodgy did happen?......still waiting for official word from the club as to why it happened.

If it does then I will be wrong. But will that help our defending if I do? I just don't accept that no matter why or how the lights went out that we were the only side affected. I don't think it suited either team to come off and then restart but luckily for Derby we reacted far worse.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If it does then I will be wrong. But will that help our defending if I do? I just don't accept that no matter why or how the lights went out that we were the only side affected. I don't think it suited either team to come off and then restart but luckily for Derby we reacted far worse.

You don't think it suited Derby?....to have a 20 min break to recharge ...have an impromtu teamtalk , make a substitution and be able to come at a side who notoriously finish strongly in games due to fitness levels on an even footing??

....simply cant have that it was a "coincidence"....

So the serious side about this is that at the very least there should be a statement about what happened from the club. My opinion is that someone got over excited in the control room and flicked a switch by mistakeĀ  as there is no logical reason why a light should go out exactly when a goal is scored.Ā 

But given the nature of betting and cashing in early bets, there has to be absolute clarity as to what happened.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

There absolutely needs to be a statement...even if its a lie about a fuse blown to cover up an error made by somebody at the club but either way there should be an explanation as to what happened.

Just cannot believe this "conincidence" as soon as a ball hits the back if the net

27,000 people in the dark, one way or another. Imo there should have been some sort of announcement, for H&S reasons if no other. As I understand it, it takes 15 minutes to get the back up generator going, so why not announce it. Wouldn't have hapenned in Ed Balls tenure!!

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

It seemed to me at the time that it was near enough as the ball hit the back of the net. That would have taken some doing!

With thanks to PUP mbncfcšŸ™‚

Wow, those pictures are revealing, I didn't realise it was so instantaneous.Ā  So, did our security guy jump up to celebrate and knocked the wrong switch, the noise from the crowd celebrating created a vibration so great it blew a fuse, or something more sinister.Ā  A statement is certainly required from the club whatever as we cannot risk such a thing happening again and halting our progress further.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/carrow-road-floodlight-failure-what-happened-learned-1-5834874

Not a statement from the club.....more some musings from Michael Bailey for the PinkUn

...as it turns out it appears that the referee could have played on with 3 floodlights on.....so a) why didnt we insist upon this and b) why were Derby allowed to dictate that they went off.

Ā  Ā If it was kniwn that the floodlight would take 15 mins to warm up why didnt we just play on and allow for this to happen in the background whilst playing??

The point is someone needs to be held to account.

The 3 points dropped could be the difference between the playoff lottery and automatic promotion.

OnĀ yesterdays and Boxing Day defending then the Playoffs could be the best we can hope for

What about the hawkeye going down (according to Farke)? We probably couldn't have carried on if it was kaput. And it's unlikely that someone accidentally switched it off in addition to accidentally switching off the floodlight, unless it's on the same switch (unlikely?).

Floodlights go out, it happens....I just think its too much of a coincidence as to the timing. Presumably the club will investigate as to why .If it really was down to a blown fuse due to a power surge, what was the reason for the power surge at that particular moment?....Can't see that this could happen unless somebody either intended it to....or accidently ?

Yes Nigel, and you can also see in the photos that the lights have dimmed in the City Stand. There must be a separate circuit in that particular area which supplies all these things.

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Wow, those pictures are revealing, I didn't realise it was so instantaneous.Ā  So, did our security guy jump up to celebrate and knocked the wrong switch, the noise from the crowd celebrating created a vibration so great it blew a fuse, or something more sinister.Ā  A statement is certainly required from the club whatever as we cannot risk such a thing happening again and halting our progress further.

Exactly as it hit the back of the net suggests a careless arm movement by an over enthusiastic fan in the control room......

Not sure about the conspiracy theories, I think we should chalk the defeat down to bad defending. With regard to the players going off, personally I thought there was enough light to carry on playing, I sit in the GW, in line with the corner flag at the corner between the GW and the Barclay and i could see the goal at the River End perfectly well. Anybody know what the rules are re fog these days, it used to be that if you could see both goals from the centre circle the game would continue, not sure if this is still the case?......

Ā