Sign in to follow this  
Lappins left boot!

potential Candidates for N.C.F.C manager if/when Worthy goes....

Harry Redknapp on resigning from Portsmouth - "Don''t worry, there''s no way I''ll go to that lot down the road"

Two weeks later, Redknapp becomes manager of Southampton. And DD - if you think Worthy has a bad record in signing players, check out some of the player Redknapp has signed over the years.

1, Burley

2, Holloway

3, Uncle Bobby until we find a replacement

Remember: This is the biggest signing we will make all season.

David Williams as temporary manager until we can appoint a more experienced manager.  I still think Iwan could do a good job to motivate the players and the fans would certainly get behind him.

[quote user="silver fox"]David Williams as temporary manager until we can appoint a more experienced manager.  I still think Iwan could do a good job to motivate the players and the fans would certainly get behind him.[/quote]

We can''t take gambles though Silver Fox.  Williams and Iwan have no first team management experience.  We need someone who knows what he''s doing in this division or it could be league 1 for us

Isn''t Peter Reid available? Did a pretty good job at Sunderland but has

had a spell of being at clubs that have forgotten what money is thus

they''ve failed a bit. Could do a job and I wouldn''t say no to having

him as City boss.

Hi DD, I am with Silver Fox on this one.  If, or rather when, the board finally realise that supporting Nigel is going to get us relegated a second time they will have to appoint someone on a quick fix measure and we already have Dave Williams on the staff.  He has no management experience, but knows the club, the players etc and for me, has the best footballing philosphy too.  After all, if we keep Worthy we can hardly do any better.  I don''t think they would go for a big name straight away, but take a long time trying to find someone to fit in with their credentials.  So Dave Williams until the end of the season, and then look for someone longer term, if Williams works well, then okay he might get the job permanently.  I would love George Burley just for the fact we would play decent football again, but can''t see it happening due to local connections and the board''s perception of possible fan unrest. 

Steve Tilson- working miracles at southend and would be a good replacement, i''d be happy with anyone apart from worthy at the moment.

PS- I hope worthington sees were debating his replacement

Bit late into this thread, but after tonights result and the mounting pressure on him. May I be the first(on this thread anyway) to throw Steve Bruce into the mix.

Could do A LOT worse (that''s aimed at everyone touting Potato Head Royle as a potential) Shame on you!

Can we PLEASE stop touting Iwan Roberts name about in ANY capacity.  He was great here as a player, but as someone who knows, he was the WORST delegate on his coaching course and only got through because City wanted to off-load him.  Since packing up playing, no one has asked for him, so lets look for people with skill and proven management record. So no to him, Rob Newman, Mark Bowen or any other ex-city player who does a good job as a coach or number 2!

The club is slated for not being ambitious enough, but we are just as guilty!

There are plenty of candidates out there - none will have a universal fan approval and some far more appropriate than others.  However the barrier to changing the manager simply is not there.   The two concerns were cost of sacking the management team and compensation of the chosen replacement.

If Harry R compensation deal is only worth £220k and worthys contract only a year getting a new manager in is not as prohibitve as firs feared.   Anyone from Holloway to Reid, Redknapp to Tilson, Bowen/Crook to Hackett would be ok as a change is needed.

OTBC  

If we''re a club with real ambitions of getting promoted to the prem and staying there anytime soon then we''ve got to stop looking at promoting from within in a jobs for the boys style, stop looking to recruit ex players and stop looking at taking a manager from the lower leagues.

We need a manager who has a proven record of working and succeeding at this level and the next. One who can work with big name players and attract others to join them.

Some of these suggestions are ludicrous. Why should we give the job to someone who has no experience just because they played for us once - what kind of forward thinking is that??

My votes for Burley but suspect Pompey/Southampton will get in there first as neither has a manager atm.

I think that we need to look at changing the management structure completely.

The likes of Dave Williams, Ian Crook, Mark Bowen etc would be great additions to the coaching staff as (hopefully) they still believe in keeping the ball on the ground rather than playing hoof it and hope football (thanks Howard!).

What about appointing a manager & a director of football/coaching?   We need a good motivator in the dressing room and a skillful coach - my dream team would be someone like Ian Holloway or Martin Allen as manager but with Crook/Williams as the coaches.

Fired up and ready to thread those passes through the defences - that''s what football the Norwich way should be all about...

I''d definitely go for Chippy Crook - he''s always had good reviews since going overseas and has now learned his trade and feels ready to make the step up to be a number one.(See Times interview yesterday).He also wants to come back to England (same interview).

Perhaps a Director of Football above him as he settles in - has to be Sir Bobby , he''s itching to get back into football.

Bowen would be great as he seems to be a good coach but he''s got a good relationship going with Hughes and why would he want to drop down a division from coaching in the Prem ?