Sign in to follow this  
Lappins left boot!

potential Candidates for N.C.F.C manager if/when Worthy goes....

If Mr Worthington was to leave who would replace him? Caretaker manager?? or permenent manager for the next 3? 5? or 10 years??

So who would you want to see in the hot seat?

My possibles on a shortlist would be:

Brian Little-Biggest possibility, Tranmeer have hit a rocky patch and his position has come into question once or twice.
Adi Boothroyd-Experience of working at the club and also at this level. Wouldnt leave watford though.
Ian Holloway-A manager with a good record for motivating his teams and getting the best out of player, maybe one of the most likely to be in need of a job soon although 3points today helped his cause...
Rob Newman- Would love to see him back at the club but his record and credentials dont really stand out and say ''i''ll take you back up'' But worth a gamble??
Jose Mourinho-Only if he brought Abramavich with him though! And that aint ever going to happen!! But who knows? he may feel that the premiership isnt the challenge he needs and decide to work his way up from the bottom, cause thats where we would be before he actually makes that decision!

To be perfectly honest there isn''t really anyone else out there who would either leave their current club or would really want to come to norwich...

Steve Tilson - Been at Southend a while now and is a young manager who knows the game, seems to be getting the best out of a small side with no money and isnt afraid to use Kids... wouldnt mind seeing him given a chance.

George Burley - I dont care he managed the Binmen.. an Excellent track record with Colchester, Ipswich and Derby, was top of the scots prem with Hearts and looked to of made a side capable of Toppling Celtic and Rangers domination. Works well with no budget, can motivate players, and is excellent at using whats at his disposal and getting the right result.

Ian Holloway - as has been said above, a great motivator and the QPR board seem reluctant to offer him a new contract sadly for him. been promoted with both Bristol Rovers and QPR, commands respect and doesnt suffer fools or wasters gladly

Martin Allen - Will be hoping to prove himself on a bigger scale since being at Brentofrd for a mcouple of seasons now.. again not afraid to use youth, and also encourages players to get stuck in.. which we need... also, i think he''s somewhat deranged which would make for some hilarious touchline antics! [*-)]

jas :)

Whatever happened to Kevin Keegan -

• Been "resting" for some months now.
  • Knows how to get a team out of the Championship.
  • Demands and encourages attractive football.
  • Isn''t afraid to say what he thinks.
  • Gets the best out of mediocre players.
  • Positive attitude.

We could do a lot worse.

George Burley- I don''t care about his Ipswich connections.  That was a long time ago.  The fact is the man has an excellent track record and I''d like to see him at Norwich.

Mike Newell- Seems to be unhappy at Luton and doesn''t get on with the board.  Young up and coming and with a good track record (albeit short)

Harry Redknapp- He would be top of my list but I''m sure he''ll go to Pompey.  I love the guy.  Fantastic man manager, great wheeler and dealer and (except for Southampton) a good track record.  Loyalty might be a problem though [;)]

Burley i think would be ideal apart from x scummer would need to turn it round quickly have a feeling rangers job could be his them or us think he might want them over us.Brian little to much mr nice guy Harry redknapp would be brilliant. Neil adams i would like him to have a crack does talk a very good game.Micky adams Laurie sanchez irish manager would be really good. Mike newell think he would come would be ok. Dave jones could do a job with some cash for a change.

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]

Harry Redknapp- He would be top of my list but I''m sure he''ll go to Pompey.  I love the guy.  Fantastic man manager, great wheeler and dealer and (except for Southampton) a good track record.  Loyalty might be a problem though [;)]

[/quote]

Sorry DDIM but I wouldn''t trust him as far as I could chuck him. IMO he''s a lying, cheating, self opiniated little upstart who''d do everyone a favour by keeping his big mouth shut.

You may have guessed that I don''t like him & I certainly don''t want him coming here.

You obviously don''t understand Harry R''s prime motivations, HR is a millionaire just ask West Ham, Pompey and Saints wheres as Prem clubs Harry can line his pockets, this revenue stream would not be available to a City manager.

That is why he will be returning to Pompey, as this will enable Harry to continue with making money.

if all else fails i will do it.The end of the day im sure i could

motivate them better than they are being at the moment.But seriously i

think George Burley all the way but if we dont act fast i believe he

will be at Rangers soon.Also agree Mark Bowen would be a great guy to

get in as coach.If we have no money now David Williams as caretaker

manager till the summer anything but worthless.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]

[/quote]

Sorry DDIM but I wouldn''t trust him as far as I could chuck him. IMO he''s a lying, cheating, self opiniated little upstart who''d do everyone a favour by keeping his big mouth shut.

You may have guessed that I don''t like him & I certainly don''t want him coming here.

[/quote]

What about him makes you think he''s lying and cheating Making Plans?

Ian Holloway for my vote.  He needs a new challenge i reckon and hey have we got one for him here!! [:D]  Definately the sort we need here to get the players moving again.

Matt

"What about him makes you think he''s lying and cheating Making Plans?"

Sorry but I wouldnt trust him either. "Portsmouth is my spiritual home" (Funny that he chose their bitter rivals to take over.) "This season my heart wasnt in it" (Any prospective employer would love to know that) "Not a day goes by when I dont regret leaving Portsmouth" (Of course Harry, you seemed so upset at the time)

On the plus side, it would be pretty funny if he took Portsmouth AND Southampton down. Then the media might halt their love affair with him once and for all.

I happen to think Portsmouth would be a bad choice, too many foreigners etc. 

"Harry Redknapp- He would be top of my list but I''m sure he''ll go to Pompey.  I love the guy.  Fantastic man manager, great wheeler and dealer and (except for Southampton) a good track record.  Loyalty might be a problem though Wink [;)]"

Although I will say that he might be a good fit for us. Mainly English players, a decent fan base who would treat him well.

My personal choice would be Mike Newell, apparently doesnt get on too well with the board. Decent honest bloke. Or Keegan for that matter, is a very attacking coach, and in theory we have one of the most potent attacks in the league.

I think we should totally get away from people with City links.

Steve Cotterall would be my choice.  Passionate, tactically good, builds good attacking teams.  One point against him was when he went to Sunderland with Wilko, but has proved himself with all teams he has Managed

I would love Mike Walker III, and why not?, apart from the fact that Delia helped to sack him and he wouldn''t come back anyway, he would shake it up!.

And he''s still the best ''man manager'' in the game.

Failing that George Burly or Joe Royle (why not, both believe in footy on the deck!) maybe even Peter Taylor.

In fact, anyone rather than Worthy and his co coaches!.

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about him makes you think he''s lying and cheating Making Plans?

[/quote]

i have it on good authority from ex-professionals who worked with him that you cannot trust him one bit and he is only in it for himself and his ego. I cannot see him ever coming here but if he did he would kill the club

Well thank god someone remebers(MIKE WALKER) a true manager we once had 1st wiz.I would dearly love to see him back where he belongs.Ok hes been out the game for a while but wot the hell,he can''t do any more damage to our club than wots already been done.

And why not team him up with dave stringer?

Failing that then why not Bob the builder,if he can''t fix it no one can!!!!

I would quite fancy Mick McArthy to come our way if he leaves

Sunderland.  My onlly concern is that he might be too much of a

nice guy, much like our own Mr Worthington and unable to shake tings up.

1st Wiz, what makes you think Mike "The Man" Walker can shake things up

when he utterly failed to do either at Everton or the 2nd time he was

at City.  As much as I love the bloke, he wouldn''t be on my

shortlist.

George Burley the biggest mistake the binners did was get rid of him hes the man for the job !!!!!!

or maybe as an outside punt Nigel Clough ???? done well at Burton n still learning his trade

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Whatever happened to Kevin Keegan -

• Been "resting" for some months now.

• Knows how to get a team out of the Championship.

• Demands and encourages attractive football.

• Isn''t afraid to say what he thinks.

• Gets the best out of mediocre players.

• Positive attitude.

We could do a lot worse.

[/quote]

Knows how to get a team out the  fizz .... signs up Huckerby !

" Resting "  ....  has scarpered  yet again  when it goes tits up ......

Keegan  couldn`t manage a kids party in Harrods  toy department  !  what he lacks  in management nous he makes  up for in  spending power .... he will spend and spend and spend !   all of it the clubs money  Norwich   needs his ilk like it needs a hole in the  the clubs purse !!

Mike had sheer class Scot-e-dog, and you never lose that. 

Even toward the end of his second spell the team started to hammer the oppositition (two 5-0 results running) till Delia and Co pulled the plug infavour of Hamilton and Rioch!. also don''t forget at that time Mikes wife was dying!.

I''d have him back tomorrow my friend, the guy breathed passing attacking football and played the Norwich way he did.

What about Phil Parkinson from Colchester. He might bring along some of his best young players too.

Other than that I would like to see mark Bowen back in some capacity.

Whilst fully understanding and supporting the need for a new manager we mustn''t underestimate the importance of the Board getting the next appoinment right. We are on a slippery slope and must have a new Manager who we can be 95% confident will get us out of the poo Worthy is increasingly dropping us in week by week. It is only the overall appalling quality in this division that is keeping us out of the bottom three right now. If they get the wrong man, Divison 1 is beckoning. That makes me incredibly nervous bearing in mind the faith the Board had in Hamilton and the blind faith they now seem to have in Worthy. My fear is the only question they will ask any applicant is ''How cheap will you come here for?'' in a kind of auction where the cheapest wins. I firmly believe we must appoint a proven successful manager and talk of Bowen, Roberts, Crook, Fleck etc. again makes me nervous. One or more may have a role in a new set-up but as manager? None of them are proven successful managers (not even of Diss Town) and would not give me anywhere near 95% confidence they will get us out of our present predicament. Personally, if he is still available when it comes to it, I''d go for Burley. Interestingly it has all gone quiet on his front for a few weeks. I do just wonder whether work is going on behind the scenes. However, with their apparent incapability to do anything about the present incumbent can we be confident the Board will get the right man?