Sign in to follow this  
plan b

call it gossip, but...

i post on here occasionally, and only when i feel i have to something important to add.

i was a member of the ''worthy out'' brigade, and, to a certain point, i still am, but it isn''t just worthys fault.

now, dont ask me who this is from, as i cannot say, but this is from the ''partner'' of one of our players, and i will roughly quote you this as she told me about a month ago......

"X cannot wait to leave the club, the team morale is the lowest he has even known a team to be, whereas 2 years ago the players were all mixing well and sociallizing reguarly, they barely talk now."  

make of it what you will, is it the managers fault for not keeping a team ''together'', or is it the players fault for making the managers job impossible?

i am really undecided, but what i do know, from what she told me, in the offhanded manner in which she did, as if it doesn''t really matter, made me feel sick to my stomach.

a change of manager may be required, but, i think a change of attitude amongst some of ''our'' players is more important.

and if the player that i am refering to happens ever to read this, and you know who you are, best get another club, our find another ''partner'' who is not so eager to spill the beans in such a manner to someone who helps pays your wages.

If that is true, then why not post up the name of the player? I''m not

suggesting it isn''t but rumours like that stay as unsubstantiated

gossip unless you have the bottle to name names. I for one would like

to know what''s really going in with the players. Some games they look

like they care and then the very next they don''t seem to give a toss.

Web team - why would you edit out the players name concerned. If you guys had have done that a while ago maybe certain rumours wouldn''t have been banded about. Or is it a case of someone somewhere has been told to prevent such a thing from happening again?

We have edited and deleted names in the past, especially in the cases I

think you''re referring to -- we allowed them when the club "went public" and players involved spoke about them.

Could this be corroborated please? It would certainly explain an awful lot.

If true, Worthy has only one option. Play the youngsters. And tell those who don''t want to play for him to go $%$^& themselves. No half measures. He has to be strong.

It really doesn''t matter anymore

i have only just now read the replies to my original post, and have now realised that the moderators edited out two of the most important facts made in there.

vince, why?  i deliberately not include the names, as even though the three players involved should be named i felt it was more important to let people know of the circumstances rather than identities.

to the rest of the posters on here, sorry, half of my post was missing, what was left was only the minor points i was trying to make.but obviously i cant make them, but there are some rotten apples in our club.....    

yella,

being the miss marple that i am i set to work on your little riddle and through process of factual elimination whittled it down to two people. i sent the reply in with the names and got a reply from web team saying the post was blocked and that they were ammending your original post to make it less obvious.

Are we saying that there is dissension or animosity between players, or

towards the manager, and the manager has not been able to discover what

is wrong, that the manager''s future is on the line and no player will

tell him to his face what is wrong? Players were also unwilling to tell

the assisstant managers?

If this is the case, then either he is too remote or he is not

perceptive enough to discover what is going on. We have been aware for

some time that he has "favourites" who get into the team too easily,

and he has rejects who are virtually outsiders in the squad, but the

unhappiness hinted at suggest that he is not only ignorant of what is

happening, but is also unapproachable. The situation is clearly worse

than what we thought. We thought that Worthy was a manager whose

judgement recently has become unreliable and erratic. But this news.....

I''ve heard these rumours too, and from a pretty reliable horses mouth. If you read statements from players bigging up old worthless, you''ll find thats its not many of them. Ashton is always bigging him up, Huckerby etc. But there are a lot of players who never seem to give interviews - no why is that ?

This " rumour " falls in line with  what I said  quite a while ago !    and I believe  there was a schism   in the team right back to the early stages  of our time in the prem ,   you just had to read the body language  of some players  during matches .....   this is no " Band of brothers "  we`re watching !!   and , sort of , explains   so much  about   why we fell back into the fizzy  ...  the Fulham  game  really  said it all  [W]

Isn`t " bigging up "  another name for loyalty  Monkey ?   Huckerby and Deano  know whats going on  between the players  , and it  probably explains a lot about the " lack of form "  from those two ! 

Let it all hang out   I say  [6]

I don''t know anything about these rumours and didn''t see the original post so probably never will unless somebody enlightens me on a different forum (I''ll check WOTB later).................... what I do know is that it is patently obvious that Worthy "lost" the team some time ago. The players never come out and admit it at the time (something in their contract or not wanting to get a name as a whinger ???) but you only have to look at Pompey recently. As soon as Perrin had been sacked, the captain (Stefanovic) was straight in the paper saying that the whole team were basically glad he had been got rid of. I''m never quite sure how this sort of thing happens but it does and it happens frequently. Probably the bext explanation is that the players, because of some of the management decisions made (and even the pro-Worthy fans admit he has made some bizarre decisions), simply lose faith in the management team and any instructions they give. This does happen in other work places doesn''t it, you can disagree with so many of your managers decisions that you basically end up questioning and doubting everything he/she says or does - the result is poor productivity and no motivation (which in football terms results in a losing run such as that we are on).

Mark .Y.