sonyc

Unofficial Match thread

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Difficult to believe that we beat Middlesboro 1-0  now !

Not when we have scored more than they have scored and conceded.

Eh ? How can Norwich score more than they have conceded ?

You, perhaps deliberately, missed my point...
"we've been relying too much on being able to score the same or more than **the copious number of goals** we let in."

Edited by K Lo

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Starting to think that you are invincible will usually end in tears.

Undoubtably the gung-ho attitude that has got us where we are has caused today's defeat.

As said above, Farke could have shut up shop and brought on Hanley when we came back on the pitch at 3-2.

However, you can't have it both ways.

When you have an attacking style of play that reaps rewards week after week it is very difficult to change that mind set and start defending with 8 mins + stoppage time remaining, particulary as we are not too clever at it.

We have gone to the well once too often and it was dry.

It was just one of those days and it was bound to happen eventually.

To describe our style of play as "gung-ho" is so far from the truth as to be bordering on the ridiculous. We lost today for the same reasons that we dropped points against Forest -- individuals making mistakes and not sticking to the script. 

For me if someone says 'gung-ho' in football terms, I'm picturing a team throwing everyone forward with zero thought to the defence- basically us under Alex Neil. I wouldn't describe Farke in that style.

Not sure about gung-ho but we are seriously lacking in, in game management and controlling and seeing out situations we find ourselves in. 

4 hours ago, king canary said:

For me if someone says 'gung-ho' in football terms, I'm picturing a team throwing everyone forward with zero thought to the defence

I think you've just described perfectly how we have played in several recent games when we have either been behind or drawing with time running out

Eh ? How can Norwich score more than they have conceded ?

If you read it again, slowly, you will realise that I said "we have scored more than they have scored AND conceded.

Thus we have scored 47 and they have scored 27 and conceded 17 which equals 44.