Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Has anyone has enough of the tripe being printed in the local press recently??

I read the same rubbish from every player that joins, and articles like Fleming''s most important goal just make me wanna  ,........  grrr  and worthy''s endless repetitive comments.  We will keep plugging away???  plugging away!!!!! against millwall and coventry!!!   how about we will get them on the training ground till they will play like they ought to!!!

unyet pieces of information showing discontent still filter through like players being played when unfit  ie Ashton, Safri, Hucks, Board members apparently unhappy although they of course tow the party line in public.

I am sorry but it is time for worthy to leave!!  who have we actually won against this year, a few teams it has to be said buut look at the names, not a decent side among them??

MK Dons AET - lucky result against Division 1 rubbish

Plymouth - to be honest they had a fat striker and looked terrible

The Scum - Good result altho against poor ipswich side with only 10 men with a red card that shouldnt have been and whom outplayed us in the second half, but at least we won ;-)

Northampton - Division 2 rubbish

Hull City - Against a side that looked second rate

Brighton - The first (and last) good away performance against 11 men for 2 years

Cardiff - Lucky goal in a game of few chances

Luton - good first half and a good result.

Worthy Out now rather than later!!

I guess the players'' support for the manager hinders some people''s mission to unseat him. Clearly they must all be lying, so it''s very unhelpful. When the media need an interview every-other-day to fill the back page, what do you expect the players to say? It does end up being a bit repetitious, I agree.

You''re right, our results have been poor this season. How big a part of that picture do you think the manager is?

Take Burley for example. Ask any Ipswich fan circa 2001 and they''ll tell you he was a brilliant manager. Ask them again circa 2002/3 and he was a rubbish manager. Hearts fans will tell you he was a brilliant manager. In fact, look at most clubs. Those doing well "have a great manager" and those doing badly have a "rubbish manager" according to their fans. Sunderland fans think McCarthy is rubbish now, saying "he''s signed all the wrong players". But 15 games ago he was a brilliant manager and had got all the right players. Now they''re ''in crisis'' and ''in terminal decline'' according to their fans. What do you think: McCarthy: good manager or crap manager? Worthy: good manager having a crap season or crap manager? And when you were standing outside City Hall in May 2004... good manager or crap manager?

There are very few managers that have consistent success or consistent failure, which suggests there is another factor involved.

I have always had a few problems with worthy but have always puit them aside as he did a good job - Decent Manager who has taken the club as far as he can - A Gary Megson style character nothing more nothing less.

I am not saying he is a crap manager - but i do feel we need a change.  The club has gone stale at the moment, if we are getting annoyed by the comments worthy is makeing can you imagine how the playing feel being told to work harder for the 100th week in a row. I mean "Keep plugging away?!?!?!?" what on earth does that mean??  it is so lame a phrase as to admit the players he signed are not that good..

The club needs a booster be it signing or manager or return of a new focussed leon, - however the workhorse signings made have not exactly set norwich alight.  And worthys refusal to sign, let alone play any flair players (huckerby being the only exception even tho he seems to have had his talent coached out of him) has left us a team of hard working cloggers.

To be honest if the performances being put showed signs of improvement i would not be a worthy out man.  But i actually feel we are playing WORSE now than at the start of the season...

if we dont win in the next 2 away games I feel Worthy truely has lost it all together.  Nothing he tries is working. Why do we need to go 2 nil down before we start tio play against a poor coventry side. would we have played that well if we hadnt gone 2 nil down?? from what i saw at millwall I doubt it???

Worthy Out, thnks for the memories time for a change

see Stop it now thread for my thoughts, i totally agree, i''m getting close to cancelling my paper because it makes me an absolute bum to live around!

I see where you''re coming from, but I disagree with some of your conclusions.

If you don''t keep ''plugging away'' - i.e. trying to improve, what is there? ''Give up''? All that phrase means is that the players and staff are sticking to their guns, trying to work through the slump we are in. Worthy''s never been known for his sparkling interviews has he, but who cares about that, really?

How do you now that Worthy has refused to sign any flair players as you claim? We''ll never know WHO he tried to sign in the summer, but wasn''t able to get. Players like Hux, willing and available to come to Norwich must be very few and far between, and with plenty of clubs chasing them. I wouldn''t call our players cloggers either, if anything one criticism has been that they haven''t got stuck in enough, which is why he was after players like Etuhu, surely?

Why did we go 2 down at Coventry? The second goal was an individual error by Davenport. I don''t see how you can blame the manager for that?!! But other games like Wolves and QPR yes, that would be a fair criticism.

I always think you can criticise the manager for a lot of things, but to suggest that under a different manager a player wouldn''t make individual errors...?

But anyway... Worthy Out? OK, who do you want to replace him? Perrin, Souness, McLeish, McCarthy? They''re all or soon will be available I guess. We can start all over again and go round the loop one more time. Worthy will go to one of those teams and so it goes on. Or better still, Hamilton''s not at a club at the moment is he? He has experience in this division!

I heard a comment on Radio Five Live tonight about Milan Mandaric who has produced a shopping list of potential managers. The sports presenter was asked about his personality and said that Mandaric learned his methods in the USA where it is more common for owners and managers to be more open and candid with the media as to their thoughts and aspirations. The presenter saw this as being more refreshing.

I rarely read player comments these days and certainly never buy a programme. I have read it all before and it is often an insult to the intelligence in its bland understating of the obvious.

Adrian Boothroyd writes a piece after every game and Watford supporters receive this as an e-mail. From what I have seen it is open and honest, of course,  he has been doing well which helps.

In fairness to Worthy he is much better in print than in interview. I don''t know if he uses a ghost writer but presume he does.

In terms of player interviews I used to like listening to Svensson and in terms of reality Iwan Roberts book was a refreshing read.

If Hamilton had been given the amount of money to spend Worthington has he may well of done a better job , as for Worthington getting another club if he left Norwich , it would only be in one of the lower divisions , Portsmouth are not actually banging on our door for him are they ? , yet hey would love to have Warnock , Dowie or Redknapp.

Ian Holloway in.  He wont take any crap and brings plenty of motivation.  Will kick start the team, as will Leon when he comes back.  Cant argue with that.

Matt