Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Woy Hodgson

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here or not, but I do recall Delia and the board seeking Mr Hodgsons recommendations just before restructuring the club, possibly inquiring also about this lad Webber, who seemed to be making waves in Yorkshire. Woy worked at Liverpool around the same time as Webber did and there are murmours that it was Woy who recommended the leap of faith into the Continental way (having managed in Europe himself with Inter and Switzerland). So I guess with Balls leaving today, and well done to him, do we also have some thanks owing to Woy?

Edited by Michael Starr

14 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

It’s not ROY’s fault he has a speech impediment - stop taking the p iss 👍🏻

a pithy response

2 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

It’s not ROY’s fault he has a speech impediment - stop taking the p iss 👍🏻

2 hours ago, ZLF said:

a pithy response

Yes, I know the whole Woy thing is a bit crappy, but this still made me laugh.

This is getting wildly OT, but I don't think our amusement at people with speech defects is necessarily malign.

I like Woy. He seems a really likeable chap - & a decent football manager too. Patrick Campbell used his stutter to great effect - & Barker's Arkwright was anything but a victim. 

The Life of Brian parody is funny because the Romans (Womans?) were so pompous & arrogant they couldn't conceive how the Jewish population could possibly find them ridiculous. Del Boy's singer was a tragi - comedic figure because he was compelled to perform even though he knew the inevitable awful outcome.

Most of us do not like tormenting those with problems. But if they acknowledge them & rise above them they command our respect & admiration. I think Roy is such a person.

2 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

It’s a couple of the Brexiteer nuts that are continuing the jibes - you see, they don’t like anybody different.

Where does the "not like" bit come in Hoola?

36 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

It’s a couple of the Brexiteer nuts that are continuing the jibes - you see, they don’t like anybody different.

What jibes?

BTW I see the Romans as the pompous remainers, shocked at the ingratitude of the populace.