Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Injury update from Colney

Buendia out for three to four weeks (ankle ligaments). No surgery required.

Lewis to miss the next three games (hamstring).

Zimmermann touch and go.

Also waiting on Klose who Farke only wanted to play for 25 mins tops on Boxing Day.

That is grim reading; esp with Emi & Mo,  both basically kicked out until Feb by Blackburn & Forest.

We do have strength in depth though and so far each player coming in as cover has shown their worth to the squad.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ZLF said:

We do have strength in depth though and so far each player coming in as cover has shown their worth to the squad.

Indeed.  And we have Maclean to come in and Thompson too. Passlack has to take his chance if given a go - and Marshall has something to prove after his less than impressive start to the season.

Well done Pete at last a prompt injury update.  Maclean and Thompson coming back from injury doubt we will see Thompson during Jan hope Maclean very soon.  Marshall given good reviews against Birmingham back in Aug got injured and cannot replace Aarons lets see who is brought in as full back.

Nothing yet on the Rams injury position but would expect them not to be at full strength either.  Better to focus on our strengths than worry about a couple of injuries.  We can do this and wind up Lampard again "he's just a sh@t Steven Gerrard" after all,

Edited by shefcanary

I would guess that the players who have not had many opportunities will all be busting a gut to get into the team given the way we have been playing and be part of the excitment.

Injuries to the regular first choice players were probably the only way they would get into the team at the moment.

They will be well rehearsed on how we play, more than capable of performing well and desperate to show what they can do.

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1

I think it will be -

Krul

Passlack, Hanley, Godfrey, Aarons

Vrancic, Tettey 

Hernandez, Stiepermann, Cantwell 

Pukki 

Subs McGovern, Zimmermann, Trybull, Marshall, Rhodes, Srbeny..... erm, who else is fit to play - Pinto? 

One silver lining is that there are 2 FA cup weekends in january

Hernandez should blatantly be starting anyway , shame for Buendia but at least it forces Farkes hand

Just switch Aarons to left back....how much damage can Pinto or Passlack do?, if Passlack doesnt play in a situation like this we may aswell terminate his loan in Jan.....if Pinto doesnt play in a situation like this we should be selling him in Jan.....or bring Hanley in at CB and play Godfrey at RB..

IMO Emi isn’t that much of a miss in that Onel comes straight in - he could/should have been starting anyway; Jamal will be a bigger miss - I reckon Marshall in on the right with Max switching, or possibly going to a back three.  

A few injuries are inevitable at this stage of the season and it’s now we’ll find more about our depth.

Yes, the main worry for me is Jamal; we have proven adequate cover for the others. I initially wondered whether we would go with a back 3 or [eek] go with Stiep at left back, but I had forgotten about Passlack as cover for Aarons should the latter switch flanks. 

5 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

Buendia out for three to four weeks (ankle ligaments). No surgery required.

Lewis to miss the next three games (hamstring).

Zimmermann touch and go.

Also waiting on Klose who Farke only wanted to play for 25 mins tops on Boxing Day.

So why did he start, Hanley must have been scratching his head.

VW, I believe Farke will always try and start both a left and right footed CB wherever possible. So there’ll be combinations of CB that you’ll never see unless there’s really no alternative. 

4 minutes ago, Clint said:

VW, I believe Farke will always try and start both a left and right footed CB wherever possible. So there’ll be combinations of CB that you’ll never see unless there’s really no alternative. 

That could explain itđź‘Ť

I don't know about anyone else, but it feels to me that although we would obviously like our best players fit, it seems that we have people in the squad that will more than make up for it.  Not saying Passlack is better than Lewis for instance, but that he ought to be ready to take his chance, if offered it and do well.  Same for any of the others.

• Like 1

Farke always places a lot of emphasis on "the Squad", all part of his managment style and philosophy, so far this has paid dividends, look at how Godfrey has just slotted in, great stuff.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 2

Yes, different problems to set other teams in the second half of the season after some seemingly didn’t pay serious attention to us first time round is no bad thing, although this is not the way anyone would wish it to come about. Love the bold responses to setbacks this season and of course there will come a point when the challenges are such that it blows up in our faces as Daniel innovates to find a way, but the belief is such that this squad will just blink and go again next time. Much has rightly been made here of the dilemma for Daniel at the back and in the middle but he also has good problems up top. Against Notts F, Jordan as always impressed coming on but I also thought Dennis looked a threat ready to pay off and suspect both will have a big part to play as the pressure continues. And the home grown rule suggests a surprise or two on the bench in the coming weeks – although there’s plenty on here better qualified than me to suggest candidates. Whatever, one thing’s for sure, no-one will look forward to playing us. Love it.