Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

The woman in the Upper Barclay

I swapped seats with a 'friend' for the Forest game and sat in Block C in the Upper Barclay. The woman behind me never stopped talking about anything and everything apart from the match. Some absolutely fascinating subjects ranging from Harry Redknapp's wife, Indian Restaurants near Liverpool St Station, Eastenders, her neighbours husband's personal life and other mind numbing rubbish too tedious to list. It never stopped and the poor guy next to me told me it never does. Bizarrely, she never said a word during the the halftime interval. God knows what she must be like during a boring game. 

Avoid Block CU row P and Q around seat number 60. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
Error

Had a similar experience many years ago when I foolishly had a season ticket in The City Stand. The 2 blokes behind me spent every match talking loudly and incessantly about the optimum time for planting potatoes, the latest techniques for harvsting wheat and the latest deals on new tractors.  Moved to The Barclay after that season!

2 hours ago, Jonncfc said:

Had a similar experience many years ago when I foolishly had a season ticket in The City Stand. The 2 blokes behind me spent every match talking loudly and incessantly about the optimum time for planting potatoes, the latest techniques for harvsting wheat and the latest deals on new tractors.  Moved to The Barclay after that season!

I think they must sit behind me now - they sold one of their cows for £600 apparently and the stories I now know about Graham their other farmer friend - his wife would be furious.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Imagine what it must be like to sit in front of Waveney or Til 🤪🙄😲

Great fishing FF.

10 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Imagine what it must be like to sit in front of Waveney or Til 🤪🙄😲

Joe mate you are starting to sound obsessed with me , do I have to worry that you might start stalking me? I am safe wondering through the M and S at long water?

Edited by River End Canary

I feel sorry for the people who sit near me. I get really angry with the referee and sometimes launch into a tirade against a midfielder failing to track a run. I also applaud the backwards and sideways passing, especially when people start moaning about it.

The people who sit near me, complain about a bloke who chunters utter rubbish. Bizarrely I've never heard him.............

Edited by Crabbycanary3
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I swapped seats with a 'friend' for the Forest game and sat in Block C in the Upper Barclay. The woman behind me never stopped talking about anything and everything apart from the match. Some absolutely fascinating subjects ranging from Harry Redknapp's wife, Indian Restaurants near Liverpool St Station, Eastenders, her neighbours husband's personal life and other mind numbing rubbish too tedious to list. It never stopped and the poor guy next to me told me it never does. Bizarrely, she never said a word during the the halftime interval. God knows what she must be like during a boring game. 

Avoid Block CU row P and Q around seat number 60. 

Got a mad old bat near me who kept getting up and shouting the referee was a disgrace, as well as telling the forest fans to shut up 🤐 🤣

I sit just to the left of the directors box and theres a bloke a couple of rows back who is a frustrated Chris Gorham. He commentates on the entire game and I swear if you shut your eyes you'd know what was going on on the pitch. Unfortunately doesnt always get the players names right though.

Haha he sits just in front of us, I thought he must be recording himself or something but I don’t think he is. He’s not always there though I think.

I’ve got a chap sitting a couple of rows in front of me that does nothing but slag Stiepermann off for the entire game. I swear he’d do it, even if he scored a last minute wining worldy against Ipswich 

Often wondered when I’m at a match whether football supporters reflect wider society or whether there is a greater proportion of those who are slightly socially inept or otherwise outwith the norm, and if it’s the latter does that include me?

On a slight tangent, I was at a do last night and met a Wolves season ticket holder (of many years) , and he couldn't believe how we had no money after our recent journeys into the Prem. He presumed we had stacks in the bank. 

On another topic, he also said that all the Wolves fans he knows, hate Kevin Muscat as well! 

On a slight tangent, I was at a do last night and met a Wolves season ticket holder (of many years) , and he couldn't believe how we had no money after our recent journeys into the Prem. He presumed we had stacks in the bank. 

On another topic, he also said that all the Wolves fans he knows, hate Kevin Muscat as well! 

Sorry chaps another tangent.

Crabby, we, Camborne, took a reserve team to Redruth, my home, and beat them 17-14. Talk about goal line defence. Only thirteen men on the pitch for the last five minutes and we held them on our line. Certainly drank a few pints of Irish cough medicine! And then my grandson tells me we have drawn 3-3 from 0-3 down. So a few more. What a day!

On 28/12/2018 at 13:41, Hoola Han Solo said:

Got a mad old bat near me who kept getting up and shouting the referee was a disgrace, as well as telling the forest fans to shut up 🤐🤣

Do you sit in the directors box by any chance😃?

Edited by Helsinki canary
  • Haha 1

On 28/12/2018 at 10:24, kk110 said:

I think they must sit behind me now - they sold one of their cows for £600 apparently and the stories I now know about Graham their other farmer friend - his wife would be furious.

I also now know quite a bit about massey Ferguson tractors - I was intrigued about the father looking to do a deal at £1.80 per kilo on something when the flood lights suddenly went out ?