Sign in to follow this  
yellow hammer

Have City turned the corner?

I''m sorry.  Sometimes my sarcastic reader is crap but YOU''RE KIDDING RIGHT??  A good first half against a low on confidence Luton, an embarrassing defeat at the bottom club (who hadn''t won all season) and a point at a club in the bottom 3 with 2 goals scored by defenders.  Turned a corner?  I don''t bloody think so

and a 2-2 draw with another bottom 3 club?????  what is it 2 wins in 10 or something like that????

Thats not turning a corner!!  thats being lucky we actually have a few talented players in the squad otherwise we would be sitting in alongside millwall and coventry!!!

No evidence yet!

A scrappy win an unconvincing draw and a defeat or four hardly suggests

much to get excited about. The strikers do not seem any nearer scoring

the many goals we would need.

At least we do not seem to be any worse! Perhaps we have bottomed out!

[quote user="Salopian"]No evidence yet!

A scrappy win an unconvincing draw and a defeat or four hardly suggests much to get excited about. The strikers do not seem any nearer scoring the many goals we would need.

[/quote]

Agreed, strikers are off colour. But it wasn''t an "unconvincing" draw at Coventry. We deserved to win that game and played some good football. Was it a "scrappy" win against Luton? Many thought that was a pretty solid performance with two cracking goals. It does seem like Millwall was very poor though.

yes, we have turned a corner

infact we have turned so many we are back to where we started............

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''ve just wet myself laughing over this thread.

Talk about ''keep the faith'' gone mad.

NURSE!.    [:$]

[/quote]

Maybe you just wet yourself....

You dont think 1st half Luton h or 2nd Cov away were an improvement?

Birmingham was a good effort too I thought.Certainly better than 90% of

games last season and everything this season..... I certainly think the

fact that its dawned on Worthy that Hooozy is a plonker and has been

removed from CM is a HOOOOGE corner turned, an expensive mistake that,

and the biggest he''s made.

this just wont make sense to many, and I know that i''m inviting some stick here, but here goes.

I am a fan who wants to see the club do well and i have turned (this season) into a bit of an anti worthyite because i feel the same as many who post on here - that they would prefer not to rock the boat, but there comes a time when you have to say what you have to say. That for me was that in my opinion Worthy had lost the belief of some of the existing players.

One of those reasons is the spineless performances that we have turned in this season. I''m not using Spineless cos worthy did, not am i talking about Wolves, this whole season we have lacked commitment and self-belief in every game. Right up until the 12th minute at Coventry. Collectively everyone found themselves realising that they do have, after all, balls.

Yes to many it''s a false dawn, but that has yet to be borne out in time. I agree that the players we have brought in maybe too much energy and not enough quality, but look at the quality of teams above us and we shouldn''t really worry that much.

To ask such a question will always involve guesswork and football is a strange thing. You may find that a win over Derby may have a bigger impact on the question. Confidence in football always stems from the last two games. Currently that of course is Coventry draw, millwall loss, but replace that with coventry draw and derby win and a different mood develops. Yes of course some will point to victories over clubs lower than us, but that depends on whether you are a half full or half empty type of person. At the end of the day we have to wait and hope.

[quote] and whats that faint light in the distance ah yes its yet another false dawn [/quote]

i was thinking more of like a dog

chasing his own tale

as norwich go around in circles............

woof.........