Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Stiepermann

I noticed that on quest, everyone else piled on but Marco just jumped on the nearest person... Poor guy didn't seem to know what to do with himself

On the video you see the poor bloke getting shunted out of the way by one of the guys in a training top, then Stieps,with a flying leap, jumps on top of him. Quality👍

He was constantly gee-ing up us lot in the Barclay at any given opportunity too. Love having him in the team. Adds a physicality up top we'd desperately be missing otherwise.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I saw the photographer in question attempting to continue to take photos with one hand, whilst holding Marco with the other. Well played sir 🤣

16 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Anyone found any footage of his tackle? Would love to relive that but haven't been able to find it.

Probably best not to. Looked like a red to me. The ref wasn't that great was he? When I can see a clear handball from a 100 yards away how on earth did he manage to miss it! 

28 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Probably best not to. Looked like a red to me. The ref wasn't that great was he? When I can see a clear handball from a 100 yards away how on earth did he manage to miss it! 

For me it was late but not high, it was 1 footed and not out of control.... but was it not early in the game and for a home side.... It also looked worse because Steipermann is a tall guy. I'd have been baying for blood if it was against us.

For the hand ball, I think the ref was facing the halfway line. There are two other officials on the pitch that almost certainly saw it though. Gut says they didn't speak up as opposed to the referee ignoring them, however bad he was with the stuff he did see.

39 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

For me it was late but not high, it was 1 footed and not out of control.... but was it not early in the game and for a home side.... It also looked worse because Steipermann is a tall guy. I'd have been baying for blood if it was against us.

For the hand ball, I think the ref was facing the halfway line. There are two other officials on the pitch that almost certainly saw it though. Gut says they didn't speak up as opposed to the referee ignoring them, however bad he was with the stuff he did see.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. It probably looked worse than it was but if it had been the other way round we would have been screaming for a red.  I've seen sending offs in similar circumstances several times this season and feared the worse when Stiepermann went flying in. 

He was a lucky boy - lucky that the ref had no bottle to make big decisions - that tackle, the handball, the Fox not sending off - no bottle whatsoever. 

It was a sending off tackle - it was dangerous, studs were up and he went in to the tackle with real speed from his charging across the pitch to get there. Lucky not to make contact with the player's leg, but really many refs would have sent him off. 

Which is strange considering his record on soccerway, it looks like he's sent someone off in about half the games he's been the ref for...

Edited by cornish sam

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

He was a lucky boy - lucky that the ref had no bottle to make big decisions - that tackle, the handball, the Fox not sending off - no bottle whatsoever. 

It was a sending off tackle - it was dangerous, studs were up and he went in to the tackle with real speed from his charging across the pitch to get there. Lucky not to make contact with the player's leg, but really many refs would have sent him off. 

FFS, it was a block not a tackle. He was just trying to get in the way of the clearance. The defender caught him in his follow through. There was no malice or danger.

38 minutes ago, Petriix said:

FFS, it was a block not a tackle. He was just trying to get in the way of the clearance. The defender caught him in his follow through. There was no malice or danger.

His studs were up and that constitutes being dangerous

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If a player is out of control, with or without malice, then by the letter of the law in today’s game it is a red card offence.

i think LDC has it spot on here; none of us would have wanted him sent off but I personally wouldn’t have been shocked if he’d got the red.

It was a sliding block tackle,  but he was sliding and out of control.  IF he had caught the player with his raised leading leg it would have been a justified straight red.   But he didnt.

He did catch him with the leg that was tucked underneath him.  It was slightly mistimed, hence the contact and a definite foul but for me, for once in this game, the ref got the yellow card call right. 

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of a healthy argument here, but this is Law 12 (psrtof)- and you wont find any reference to "studs up" . Was it reckless? Yes ( A yellow) Was it excessive force? No , I don't think so but as with any sports that applies Laws rather than rules, it is down to interpretation . I don't think it was a Red in a Month of Sundays.

Law 12 .Fouls and Misconduct.

inter alia

• Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
  • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
  • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off

I get the feeling that Stiepermann is one of the main men in the locker room and somebody you'd absolutely want by your side in a battle. He comes across as a really strong minded character and I'm certain that retaining Klose & Tettey, and introducing Stiepermann has helped push out the ego's that we've had here for too long. 

9 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

I get the feeling that Stiepermann is one of the main men in the locker room and somebody you'd absolutely want by your side in a battle. He comes across as a really strong minded character and I'm certain that retaining Klose & Tettey, and introducing Stiepermann has helped push out the ego's that we've had here for too long. 

Going by the recent 'guess who' feature......featuring Jamal Lewis and Todd Cantwell he is a weird man. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIgYGlVOqlA

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

It does make you think what was in his mind. There was no need to go flying in, just cover him would have done.

I think we had a 20-25 min spell when the forest sit deep and kick tactics got the better of us,  with this tackle an example of that frustration, as was Pukkis challenge that lead to the rut with Fox.

Fortunately we regained our patience and composure,  but i wonder how many other teams will resort to that more physical approach now