Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

leitner out for 4 months

Whilst, if true, this is the case, it is undoubtedly bad news, it's by no means a disaster for us, we have able replacements both ready to go straight into the team and coming back to full fitness.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Bearing in mind who started this thread I think Iā€™ll wait for an official statementĀ 

That's why I added "if true".šŸ˜€

• Like 1

We are going to miss him. Vrancic was good again today but he's no Leitner. Wonder if we'd consider a switch to three at the back with Godfrey as the main ball distributorĀ between Klose and Hanley / Zimmermann?Ā 

Gutted heā€™s out for a month.

Our injuries are terrible. Itā€™s catching up with us.Ā As amazing as today was, a full strength side probably wins comfortably.Ā 

I like Vrancic, but not so much in the CDM role next to Tettey. His best work is higher up the pitch. I think we need to consider a loan move for a mobile baller similar to Leitner.Ā 

Itā€™s incredibly frustrating, especially now with Buendia looking set for a 3-4 week lay off.Ā 

He was hobbling badly on two crutches today and looked in discomfort taking a seat behind the dug out.

MacLean up to the Bench, Vrancic starting next to Tettey... problem solved.

Not that LeitnerĀ won't be missed but Vrancic has been massively stepping up to the plate. Leitner will be back refreshed ready for some big games like Leeds away and the rest of the promotion chase.

Surely gotta be Hernandez back starting on the right with Emi out and then Todd in the middle. Steipi can go left mid.

we just have to hope that Vrancic does not pick up a knock;Ā  he has covered Mo well,Ā  but it is hard to imagine the options filling that role as well as either;Ā  even if this season has been one of constant surprises already.

Ā 

Fingers crossed for a quick recovery and a continued good form and fitness for Mario

Bang on ?

Ā 

DF:Ā Moritz and Timm will travel with us to Preston because we are staying up north. Moritz is training with the team but not 100%. Timm started training yesterday but it's too soon for tomorrow

So Vrancic out for a bit but we have the class of someone like Moritz almost ready to take the place.

Rarely haveĀ I felt so blessed with talent with inĀ the squad , all managed by a manager, sorry head coach, Ā so ice cool with the situation.

I don't think we will ever see himĀ  " do a Lambert"Ā 

On 26/12/2018 at 12:42, River End Canary said:

You heard it here firstĀ 

Really! Not according to Mr Farke in his press conference for Preston. Leitner in the squad and travelling, as is Cantwell who also picked up a knock at the weekend!

you heard it here first!

• Like 1