Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Max Arrons

3 hours ago, splendidrush said:

They may agree to loan him back but I think 15 mill is a touch light.

And you know this because???

This is hardly a surprise. The most talented young player I've seen at Carrow Road in many years. He's a future England player so we probably have to accept that he'll leave eventually but £15m is nowhere near enough. He may of course have an exit fee in his contract but if not I would stick out for nearer £30m. Spurs got £50m for Walker. 

In our favour is the fact that all the top teams are having a look. 

36 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Because it's reported by the pink 'un.

Which says

"The Sun claim City would resist overtures to let Aarons move in January, following the summer sales of James Maddison and Josh Murphy, but Tottenham may weigh up an offer that included a loan back option for the Canaries’ promotion push."

Must be right then if The Sun says so

I feel that the club is in a good position to be able to thwart any of these potential sales. Yes, the money would be nice, but still being in the automatic promotion hunt means we can persuade these kids to stick with us for a few more months at least. No real need to sell at this point.

We must hold onto this group of players. There is some serious potential in this squad to get promoted and then go on to hold their own in the Premier League. These players can fulfill that goal here rather than sit in the reserves at clubs like Spurs. The club hasn’t had this much potential and upcoming talent in years. Firstly we need promotion to secure the clubs position but if we achieve that there is so much to build on

• Like 1

With the length of his contract, our cash flow,  and potentially the chance for him to prove himself in the premiership we shouldn’t sell.

His price is hopefully only going to go up.

Realistically Id take £15million, but it would be wise to rry and sew in some add-ons such as appearances and international appearances. 

This valuation is essentially based on half a season of performances. His form may drop off, or he may get injured.

I still remember us apparently rejecting a £4.5m bid from Newcastle for Keith O'Neill, only to sell him the following season for £700,000

Max Aarons is an amazing talent at 18 years of age but is in his current position only because he is getting games. No doubt Spurs would multiply his wages and he would back himself to make the grade but promotion with Norwich would mean a regular EPL starting place, experience, great coaching and exposure. At his age he has time to take this route. 

• Like 1

Since the departures of Moxey and Neil the club has found it’s managerial feet again and we are once again well run. Evidenced by a clear statement that there is no need to sell in January. Given the brilliant run we are on I would imagine the current strategy would be to look for promotion, without throwing money at it. Promotion is worth a lot more than the sale of one player albeit for a tempting price, and Webber has said that silly bids would be listened to. But £15m is not a silly price for a player of Max Aarons quality.

If Max is worth £15m after a third of a season how much more will he be worth after another half season. At his age there is only one way his price is going to go.

Also should we not achieve promotion there are a number of players who could be sold for the necessary cash should it be needed come the summer. Which just demonstrates that despite our recent problems what a good position we are now in.

OTBC

Edited by Sussexyellow
Grammar police

Taking £15m now would be crazy. This kid is  only 18 or 19 and his performance level never drops. He just strolls through games and nothing so far has bothered him. I've been watching City for 50 years and I don't think I've ever seen anything as good as him at the same age. He is definitely going to be a top 4 Premier League player at some point but I don't think that selling him now would be in anyone's best interests. And definitely don't get involved with Spurs at all. Levy is awful to do business with. Avoid at all costs. 

It’s a tricky one - I’m sure we’d all love to keep the lad and will try to, but it’s not necessarily as simple as that. If we had to sell, we can presumably be assured we’d get the best ££ on offer (doesn’t have to be Spuds), but the minimum would have to be with a loan-back - the positive could be that there’d be some ££ to aid our push for the top two.  Ultimately he’s a fantastic prospect and surely set for PL pretty soon if with us or not.

I’d take £15m and a loan back quite happily.

Is a full back; without Prem/Champs’ league experience, going to ever been worth significantly more than that? Unlikely. 

I highly doubt Tottenham would offer that much to be honest, Levy isn’t one to throw around that kind of money on unproven kids. 

Message to Max “ go to Spurs, occasionally sit on the bench, play the odd cup game, nice little pay package BUT would you prefer to play regularly? Plenty of time to move on to bigger things later “

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Message to Max “ go to Spurs, occasionally sit on the bench, play the odd cup game, nice little pay package BUT would you prefer to play regularly? Plenty of time to move on to bigger things later “

In fairness there probably isn’t a bigger club in England that regular plays and improves young English players than Tottenham. Would you have given Dele Ali the same message? Moving worked out pretty well for him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Not saying it's true, I didn't even start the thread.... why the aggression?

Sadly, it's the way many are on here...

6 minutes ago, Ian's Crook said:

Sadly, it's the way many are on here...

You joined the board seven minutes ago just to offer that little gem?

I can see you're going to be an asset.

Welome to the board. 🤪

No way would I take that offer. Why the need to rush to accept it just at the point where promotion is a real possibility? We are more likely to go up with him and he'll still be worth the same amount in the summer if we don't.

20 hours ago, lappinitup said:

You joined the board seven minutes ago just to offer that little gem?

I can see you're going to be an asset.

Welome to the board. 🤪

Why, thank you!

21 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

We hear this every time there's potential for a big bid for one of our younger players. And every time cash wins. I'd like to see more than £15m though.

Doubt if this is true as spurs now playing a young RB Kyle something double barrel and he managed 3 assists yesterday.  Not saying he will not go as extremely talented, but needs to play not go to big club and sit on bench perhaps.

Odd one really, they have Kyle walker Peters, trippier and aurier already.

No reason in time that Aarons can't be better than them all but he'd be 4th choice to start with

He would be fourth in line at Spurs I suspect. Waste of time for him, he needs to play.....for us.

Why would we sell and loan back, his value is only going one way imo?