CANARYKING

Scarf day again

1 hour ago, Puntino said:

Ah I see this whole debate has been ignited again. Brilliant. For clarity. 

1. The full 200 additional flags, plus a load more, were laid out on Boxing Day. If anyone thinks 50 or 60 were being waved a swift trip to the opticians is in order. You can't make people wave them, but I'd estimate between 400-500 were in the Barclay. 

2. We are ambitious, but have to work within the parameters the club have set us. Anyone who wants to know more is welcome to answer specific questions if you like. We have out many suggestions out there which can't happen for various reasons, but we'd be disappointed if the Lower Barclay wasn't full of flags by the end of the season. 

3. Til - you really do seem to like to comment on what we're not doing/achieving. If you have suggestions, please let us know. 

4. We're always after volunteers to help put out and collect flags pre match and at half time. Get in touch if you'd like to help.

Much love 

OTBC

TIL obviously has a personal vendetta against one or more of the lads involved. I wouldn’t worry too much; just a grumpy old man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

TIL obviously has a personal vendetta against one or more of the lads involved. I wouldn’t worry too much; just a grumpy old man.

I may be wrong but I believe the Barclay End Norwich have something to do with the Norwich City Supporters Trust which Til1010 has some sort of bizarre grudge against so it's no great suprise. They never stood a chance.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DAVID SEWELL said:

I may be wrong but I believe the Barclay End Norwich have something to do with the Norwich City Supporters Trust which Til1010 has some sort of bizarre grudge against so it's no great suprise. They never stood a chance.

Yes you are very wrong about the Barclay End Norwich group, its not connected with or run by the Canaries Trust, they are two seperate groups 

Edited by Diane
Spelling

I’m fairly sure that I read somewhere that while the two organisations are separate entities; BEN and CT have an agreement to work together and that BEN are invited to Trust meetings. Obviously, I could be wrong...

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I’m fairly sure that I read somewhere that while the two organisations are separate entities; BEN and CT have an agreement to work together and that BEN are invited to Trust meetings. Obviously, I could be wrong...

I can confirm that the Barclay End Norwich ( formerly the Barclay End) Project are part of the umbrella of supporters associations along with Proud Canaries and Forces2Canaries which work together with the Canaries Trust (not the Norwich City Supporters Trust David) for the benefit of all fans who want to be involved. They all attend regular meetings,

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I stand corrected  if that's the case Duncan, I thought that David Sewell was suggesting that the scarves/flag project was organised by the Trust ,whereas I thought its Barclay End Norwich & Along Come Norwich who  have organised that  ??

Edited - Just saw Kathy's post, after I posted mine, so realise I had got that wrong,  apologies,  I knew Proud & Forces were co - opted onto the Trust board,  but didn't realise that Barclay End Norwich were too.

Edited by Diane

Looking forward to another display by the Barclay end this afternoon from our vantage point. If you look at the players when they run out now most of them have a good look at that colourful show of support, and it must give them a buzz.

Keep up the good work and get them flags raised high.

4 hours ago, Mandie Moo said:

Great work BEN and ACN 💚💛

Love the way it's gradually spreading. Hope it gets as far as the Snakepit.

Cheap and embarrassing flags probably paid about 5p for them in a sweat shop somewhere 

at least invest in some decent quality if we must be a tin pot club

just a matter of time before we have a drummer at this rate 

Just now, River End Canary said:

Cheap and embarrassing flags probably paid about 5p for them in a sweat shop somewhere 

Yawn. This is just silly and childish. All the flags are made with the appropriate fire certificated materials. Come and join us in the Barclay for a game, wave a flag, then tell us they're poor quality. 

• Like 1

Amazing. Please do. All of the flags and poles are club approved, but if you wish to waste your time (and the club's while we're at it) then go ahead. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, River End Canary said:

I'm assuming you're not serious & are just on your usual wind up , thought the display looked amazing today & looks like the majority on twitter & facebook agree with me

So behave & use your energies for worrying about your scampi 😀

Edited by Diane

1 hour ago, River End Canary said:

Article 7 of the ground regulations states that Poles are not allowed in the ground 

a point I will be making forcibly to the club and the local authorities next week 

I'll have none of your xenophobic nonsense. Poles, Czechs, Slavs etc. are more than welcome 

8 hours ago, River End Canary said:

Imagine being stuck in a traffic jam with this bloke? You, sir, are an embarrassment.

Don’t let this idiot deter you ACN and BEN. What you’re doing is brilliant. OTBC.

• Like 2

I thought the flags looked a little ‘tin pot’ when there were only a few. They looked too small and a token gesture that generated more laughs from the visiting supporters than atmosphere. 

However, now there is far more of them, more variety, and combined with scarf day, I have to say it looks fantastic. This sort of display definitely improves the atmosphere and fan experience inside Carrow Road. It’s a much better display currently on offer at any other championship ground. 

I really like it and hope it continues. 

9 hours ago, River End Canary said:

Article 7 of the ground regulations states that Poles are not allowed in the ground 

a point I will be making forcibly to the club and the local authorities next week 

B9806AAA-5010-42AE-A85A-54EAAD4C4450.gif

• Like 1

Excellent effort yesterday from all concerned.  Good idea to spread them further across The Barclay rather than concentrating them in a smaller area - better overall effect.  Although most people seem to know that the flags need to be collected in at half-time I have seen one or two individuals trying to hang on to them.  Hope most were returned and not too many damaged.

The display from the River end looked excellent, especially with the centre one aloft. Permanent flags over exposed walls etc would be a positive addition and add to the display. As I said before, the players obviously notice this when the emerge from the tunnel and it certainly helps with the atmosphere. Good effort all round. Onwards and upwards. Or rather across and upwards..

10 minutes ago, Jonncfc said:

Excellent effort yesterday from all concerned.  Good idea to spread them further across The Barclay rather than concentrating them in a smaller area - better overall effect.  Although most people seem to know that the flags need to be collected in at half-time I have seen one or two individuals trying to hang on to them.  Hope most were returned and not too many damaged.

I do agree re the effect just a drummer to be added, pipe some chanting sounds down the PA system to improve the atmosphere and we will have officially turned into the footballing equivalent of sports direct

if that is what the fans want so be it

2 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

I thought the flags looked a little ‘tin pot’ when there were only a few. They looked too small and a token gesture that generated more laughs from the visiting supporters than atmosphere. 

Il Pirata gets it which was exactly what i said at the outset when the crowd funding reached £4,200. When i recently said it had improved it was lost in a wave of poster bashing with David Sewelll even suggesting it was a vendetta i had against the Canaries Trust in order that he continued to stir the pot by mentioning Barclay End Fans Group and their connection to it !. Had he bothered to post facts he would have seen that every single social  media post on all platforms including the Crowdfunding page was under the name of Along Come Norwich from day one.

So it’s ACN you have a vendetta against - why spoil it for everyone else then with ill informed and inaccurate posts - I guess you will be meeting up with River End Canary for your 2 man March on the Club and Council to have them banned - Will one of you be taking a drum?