CANARYKING

Scarf day again

All of you who get a new scarf from Father Christmas don’t forget to wear it on Wed, plus all you old codgers who have them tucked away in the cupboard GET THEM OUT AGAIN

Ahh. No I mean scarves Frank, but I've never tried to get a flag in. I presume by your reply that the rules don't allow them.

2 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Ahh. No I mean scarves Frank, but I've never tried to get a flag in. I presume by your reply that the rules don't allow them.

That’s correct. I offered an old flag I had to along come nodge but they couldn’t accept it as it was made of the wrong material

I have to confess winky that it is getting better but it has taken half a season to get there and i read during the week that 200 flags had just been delivered to the club but there was no way that sort of number were on display yesterday. Fifty to sixty tops is my guess so what happened to the others ?

41 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I have to confess winky that it is getting better but it has taken half a season to get there and i read during the week that 200 flags had just been delivered to the club but there was no way that sort of number were on display yesterday. Fifty to sixty tops is my guess so what happened to the others ?

In excess of 100 I would say from my impression yesterday, but I wasn't counting. MP's thread, showing highlights, has a view of the flags, more than you remember I would suggest but not 200.

Was a great spectacle yesterday and long may it continue.

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

How about giving some encouragement to those trying to make a difference? 

Give it a rest. You're becoming a prize bore.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DAVID SEWELL said:

How about giving some encouragement to those trying to make a difference? 

Give it a rest. You're becoming a prize bore.

I really think the prize bore is you doing nothing other than commenting on my posts since the day you joined a few short weeks ago. Why exactly did you join if you have a motive other than that .15 posts and how many aimed at having a pop ?

Edited by TIL 1010

Well I think that AlongComeNorwich & Barclay End Norwich have worked hard to improve the  displays & its got better & better & more colourful at every game.

I wasn't at the Forest game but from some of the pictures I can see how much effort was put in, think it looked brilliant, well done to everyone involved

94A017DB-4E55-46AC-B2FB-8052C9EFF90C.jpeg.116e1cba812d7456720115a5da1e49d0.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’ve got a spare scarf you can borrow to hold up if you like Til 😜

Got two of my own thanks FF one of which was knitted by my mum back in 1966.

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I really think the prize bore is you doing nothing other than commenting on my posts since the day you joined a few short weeks ago. Why exactly did you join if you have a motive other than that .15 posts and how many aimed at having a pop ?

So what is your motive for having a pop at a bunch of fans trying to do something positive? 

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I've got 100 flags to sell if anyone wants one....ooppps!

Are you one of those in C Block i was reading about on a Facebook forum winky ? On there they reckon people were removing them from the poles to take home instead of handing them back in.

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

So what is your motive for having a pop at a bunch of fans trying to do something positive? 

I suggest you read my post again where i said it is improving but of course i expect nothing more than you to dismiss that comment. What i did say was that 200 more flags had been delivered to the club this last week which was taken from something said on social media by a member of those involved  and questioned where were they all yesterday. That photo shows nothing like 200 which of course does not take into consideration those they already had.

• Sad 1

So you are having a pop by asking where the extra flags are instead of saying something positive. Yes you say it’s getting better but that’s followed by “ it’s taken half a season “ . There’s always some negative or sarcastic comment about other fans when they try and do something positive isn’t there ?

Edited by FenwayFrank

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I suggest you read my post again where i said it is improving but of course i expect nothing more than you to dismiss that comment. What i did say was that 200 more flags had been delivered to the club this last week which was taken from something said on social media by a member of those involved  and questioned where were they all yesterday. That photo shows nothing like 200 which of course does not take into consideration those they already had.

The pic shows about 60% of the stand, with maybe I reckon about 120-140 showing, so assuming that the flags didn't stop where the pic cuts off, there way well have been 200 in total.

I stand to be corrected if someone has counted properly 🤪

Edited by Daz Sparks

31 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

So you are having a pop by asking where the extra flags are instead of saying something positive. Yes you say it’s getting better but that’s followed by “ it’s taken half a season “ . There’s always some negative or sarcastic comment about other fans when they try and do something positive isn’t there ?

Plenty of fans initiatives that i support both on here and elsewhere thanks all the same.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Plenty of fans initiatives that i support both on here and elsewhere thanks all the same.

Apart from this one obviously 

38 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Dear Mr Till

I am really disappointed as a fellow fan that you are really negative towards a fellow group of fans trying to add to the atmosphere and match day experience. Firstly I can guarantee you that 200 flags were delivered to the club - I should know as I made them. I have no affiliation with the lads that are organising the display and understand they are also working within the constraints of the club towards the growing display - whether you like it or not I do not understand the constant criticism of fans trying to do something positive.

23F69FC6-13B6-4C29-B222-3C5D9818DB07.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2