Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Villa v Leeds

20 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

You've got to hand it to Leeds. 

Aston Villa certainly did! 

I think this is the closest. Villa made it easy for Leeds. 

21 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I think that's about my assessment. Automatics are between us, Leeds and WBA. I think it'll be us as Champions and WBA in a close run 2nd (might go right to the wire with that one). Leeds to miss out and f*** up the playoffs. Villa to finish 8th or 9th. Derby to win the playoffs.

PS Think you mean 3 into 2 won't go....

Wouldn't that be nice for you. Meanwhile back on planet earth........

1 minute ago, Rob Whites said:

You won’t be able to rely on these late goals forever......

1 minute ago, Rob Whites said:

Ermmmm, we're all entitled to our own opinions, particularly when they're perfectly reasonable and realistic.... Why are you even here again? Shouldn't you be on WACCOE celebrating your european cup "victory" again? 

29 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I think that's about my assessment. Automatics are between us, Leeds and WBA. I think it'll be us as Champions and WBA in a close run 2nd (might go right to the wire with that one). Leeds to miss out and f*** up the playoffs. Villa to finish 8th or 9th. Derby to win the playoffs.

PS Think you mean 3 into 2 won't go....

I can't see West Brom being consistent enough. They'd have to tighten up a bit at the back and become a bit more resilient, but I think they don't quite have the required desire or work rate to match their undoubted quality. 3rd at best is my prediction.

Edited by Petriix

6 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Oh well. Gap to third is all that matters.

Also don’t want to become the first team in forever not to get promotion when being top at Christmas. Let The Leeds bottlers have that hanging over them for the rest of the season.

However much you'd like it to happen Zac, if you really think this Leeds team are going to bottle it, I think you're going to be disappointed. 

Why would any fan go on another club's forum? To boast a bit and submit barbed comments I suppose. It's the way folk are. Leeds and us are two very good sides. Who goes on to go up, who knows. But we are both in a great position. Perhaps R Whites doesn't like us and would prefer West Brom hence he keeps nibbling here. He can't accept that scoring late goals is exactly what very good teams do. It's hardly a coincidence. It's been like that for decades!

Edited by sonyc

1 minute ago, westcoastcanary said:

However much you'd like it to happen Zac, if you really think this Leeds team are going to bottle it, I think you're going to be disappointed. 

Leeds will not bottle this. They have the same dynamic as we do. And I for one agree with analysis of the stats as well as what my eyes see ( the latter is what my heart feels, the former is logic) and the stats don't lie.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

I don't think they will bottle it but Bielsa teams do have a habit of running out of steam later in the season- lets see if it kicks in.

However Zac is right- gap to 3rd is what we really care about.

I never said Leeds will bottle it. I’m just not unhappy to be 2nd at Xmas and have the worry of being the first team in ages to not get promotion when being top now, particularly with it looking like the autos are far from sorted.

3 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

What if we are top at Easter

That would be eggscellent

Edited by Daz Sparks

24 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Ermmmm, we're all entitled to our own opinions, particularly when they're perfectly reasonable and realistic.... Why are you even here again? Shouldn't you be on WACCOE celebrating your european cup "victory" again? 

Oh, so we ARE allowed our own opinions on the promotion race, Kio?! That’s very generous of you 👍

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

I can't see West Brom being consistent enough. They'd have to tighten up a bit at the back and become a bit more resilient, but I think they don't quite have the required desire or work rate to match their undoubted quality. 3rd at best is my prediction.

Dont see any reason why their rate of scoring should slow in the second half of the season especially with Gayle in full swing....its easier for them to tighten up slightly at the back than for a team like Middlesbrough who dont concede many but have scored half the amount of goals as WBA have to suddenly find more goals accross their team

Wigan and Sheff Weds at home for WBA over the next few days so a probable 6 points there, still think theyre better than Leeds just got to hope theyre not better than us too

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

West Brom away in January is going to be massive.

As will Leeds in February. Both matches may well define our season

Edited by sonyc

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Oh, so we ARE allowed our own opinions on the promotion race, Kio?! That’s very generous of you 👍

Of course, yours just happens to be wrong.... 😉

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

The commentary is constantly complimentary of Leeds, barely mentioning that they are second to us, proper pizzes me off.

Starting to tire of this constant victim complex some of our fans have developed.

'The commentator in Leeds v Villa isn't talking about Norwich enough!!!'

Bizarre 

• Like 1

Just now, king canary said:

Starting to tire of this constant victim complex some of our fans have developed.

Bizarre 

Agree, The irony being, the reason most people hate Leeds is their ridiculous entitlement complex.

25 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Why would any fan go on another club's forum? To boast a bit and submit barbed comments I suppose. It's the way folk are. Leeds and us are two very good sides. Who goes on to go up, who knows. But we are both in a great position. Perhaps R Whites doesn't like us and would prefer West Brom hence he keeps nibbling here. He can't accept that scoring late goals is exactly what very good teams do. It's hardly a coincidence. It's been like that for decades!

Rob Whites has a very good point when he says having to score late goals is not the best situation to keep finding yourself in. It's much better to have the game won earlier and the organisation, discipline and concentration to protect the lead to the very end. 

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

Bizarre 

Sorry to tire you King Canary, but was less thinking of it from a victim complex point of view and more from the point that if maybe WBA, Stoke, Derby or Swansea were top prior to the match, some of the commentators would be creaming themselves over it. 

TBH, I am perfectly happy with our position, and fair play to Leeds, they didn't give up and got the late winner. Don't see how comparing the relative amount of exposure we get as a team compared to the "big" clubs and media darling clubs get is any way Bizarre either.

9 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Sorry to tire you King Canary, but was less thinking of it from a victim complex point of view and more from the point that if maybe WBA, Stoke, Derby or Swansea were top prior to the match, some of the commentators would be creaming themselves over it. 

TBH, I am perfectly happy with our position, and fair play to Leeds, they didn't give up and got the late winner. Don't see how comparing the relative amount of exposure we get as a team compared to the "big" clubs and media darling clubs get is any way Bizarre either.

I don't remember commentators in the Norwich v Bristol game constantly mentioning Leeds, why should it be any different this way round?

Just now, king canary said:

I don't remember commentators in the Norwich v Bristol game constantly mentioning Leeds, why should it be any different this way round?

Didn't watch it, so wouldn't know. All I know is that Sky commentators certainly do laud the so called bigger clubs more than do us, gets up my nose a bit. 

That is all.

O do believe many Norwich supporters have a thing about being loved.

I remember after losing to Sunderland in the FA Cup Final semi final, some supporters not concerned with the result but heartbroken that only Robert Fleck had come out afterwards to applaud the supporters.

To paraphrase Prefab Sprout, somethings hurt, much more than goals and cups.

The secret lemonade drinker is wrong about the late goals Westy. Late goals are the sign of a good team. Most famously called Fergie time for a reason. 

Leeds are top on merit. They are on 2.09 PPG over the season and 2.63 PPG over the last 8 games. We are on 2.04 for the season and 2.50 over the last 8. WBA fall below 2 PPG in both counts. Leeds are also the only side to beat us by more than 1 goal. That was of course in August when we only won one of the first five games. We've only lost once since so the return will be interesting. Leeds then went on to win just once in September and twice in October which is how we made up so much ground.

I'd be more than happy to see Leeds continue to take maximum points off the chasing pack. I'm particularly pleased to see them beat Villa who were supposed to come marching by us by now. Both us and Leeds play Derby and Forest in the next couple of weeks. Maximum points for both of us would be awesome. But even if we drop anything I still want them to win theirs.