Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Villa v Leeds

Credit where credits due. 1 point behind over Christmas is certainly not the end of the world, it’s like a boxing match!

Oh well. Gap to third is all that matters.

Also don’t want to become the first team in forever not to get promotion when being top at Christmas. Let The Leeds bottlers have that hanging over them for the rest of the season.

So Norwich and Leeds are bad for English football? Leeds were terrific that second half, I'd be delighted if we both go up in the auto-promotion spots to play our brand of football in the PL next season. 

• Like 1

Just now, kick it off said:

Are there people who seriously believe Villa will go up? They're ****ing ****.

Thanks for your hindsight Kio 👍. Been in good form prior to this so why not, nobodies promoted at Christmas including us and Leeds.

3 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Unbloody believable. 

Why?

Leeds comfortably the better side and never looked out of it even at 0-2.

They were far superior to Villa and deserved to win.

• Like 2

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Thanks for your hindsight Kio 👍. Been in good form prior to this so why not, nobodies promoted at Christmas including us and Leeds.

No hindsight at all. Ive said that all season. Theyre not very good and Dean Smith is a product of the Brentford system. Managers are much heralded there and do nothing after - see Warburton for prime example. He aint going to suddenly improve them to close a 14 point gap on us in half a season.

Maybe their fans will stop moaning about out late goals now! Only saw 30 minutes of it but what I saw Leeds look the real deal. Any two from the top three for the automatic spots.  

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Still think the shear number of goals WBA score means they will force their way into the top 2

...2 into 3 won't go

I think that's about my assessment. Automatics are between us, Leeds and WBA. I think it'll be us as Champions and WBA in a close run 2nd (might go right to the wire with that one). Leeds to miss out and f*** up the playoffs. Villa to finish 8th or 9th. Derby to win the playoffs.

PS Think you mean 3 into 2 won't go....

Edited by kick it off

Spot on GJL. There are 2 excellent teams and one very good one (west Brom). 

Shame we're not top at Christmas, but I'm happy to let Leeds have the plaudits and praise and fly under the radar a bit...

There are two teams who match each other well but the biggest difference is as fans. We give credit to the other teams, where due.

Leeds fans, on the whole, tend to feel entitled to everything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I think that's about my assessment. Automatics are between us, Leeds and WBA. I think it'll be us as Champions and WBA in a close run 2nd (might go right to the wire with that one). Leeds to miss out and f*** up the playoffs. Villa to finish 8th or 9th. Derby to win the playoffs.

PS Think you mean 3 into 2 won't go....

Indeed....edited!

They next seven leagues game are a bit harder than what we have had of recent.

Forest, Derby, Sheff Utd, West Brow and Leeds plus Brentford and Brum

If we just match then then we will stil be in the automatics

28 points needed off 23 games to make the play offs

Bl00dy marvellous to be back having something to get stuck into

roll on Boxing Day

Good to see us and Leeds bringing through young players and them being a big part of what we are both doing. And succeeding.

Villa have too many has-beens and never-beens in their side. Rumours too that Newcastle want to sign Abraham on a permanent deal in January which would leave Villa with nothing.