Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Emi and Mo.

Leitner looked to have jarred his ankle, as he went down seemingly after not having been touched, although he had been subject to a few viscious challenges earlier that may have caused a problem.  Buendia's was a knock and he tried to run it off for ten minutes, but then went off. 

Hopefully won't be out too long, but reassuringly, we still won the match without them. 

Thanks for that Lakey, here's hoping neither are serious, Mo makes the midfield tick when he's on, he is clever and industrious and Emi keeps hold of the ball when he really shouldn't do. 

I agree that we have able replacements in Onel and Mario, but DF selects the former whenever fit, and I guess he knows best.

Think Buendia had a dead leg. So should recover in 3 days...perhaps not in time for Forest though?

Leitner was apparently 'upset' when he came off according to DF. I therefore worry it might be something more serious....like an ankle ligament. Then it would depend how bad.

I  hope we get some positive news today.

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Think Buendia had a dead leg. So should recover in 3 days...perhaps not in time for Forest though?

Leitner was apparently 'upset' when he came off according to DF. I therefore worry it might be something more serious....like an ankle ligament. Then it would depend how bad.

I  hope we get some positive news today.

Yes, some good news on the injury front would be welcome. A waiting game I suppose.....

Farke said Emi deadleg and might take up to two weeks, seems lengthy period.  Mo to have scan.  Don't seem to get good injury news not as bad as feared would be nice.

5 hours ago, pete said:

DFarke said Emi deadleg and might take up to two weeks, seems lengthy period.  Mo to have scan.  Don't seem to get good injury news not as bad as feared would be nice.

That doesn’t sound too good does it. Two big players set to miss a crucial run of games. 

Will we ever get a fully fit squad? It’s Incredibly frustrating. The squad is at its limit. Amazing that we’ve kept the run going, but it will be gauling if it falls away due to injuries.  

Not great - but what does it say about the current state of our club that 1) they are playing for us in the first place, and 2) we have Onel and Super Mario waiting to step in? Quality replacements who bring their own qualities as well as just stand-ins.

Not great, but a team is always going to pick up the odd injury or two during a season.  The good news is of course that we have a good squad and Maclean waiting to make his mark and he will be well up for it - and hopefully Thompson too. 

Farke is shrewd guy so take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

He is not going to give anything away, he's too clever for that.

They'll probably both be fit for Boxing Day.

No worries