Sign in to follow this  
whistleblower

Is Blackburn game on ifollow?

Says no match pass available but can't work out why not?  It's not in espn+ and Blackburn are on ifollow.  A mystery! 

Edited by whistleblower

44 minutes ago, whistleblower said:

Says no match pass available but can't work out why not?  It's not in espn+ and Blackburn are on ifollow.  A mystery! 

Not listed as a blackout fixture. Are you using a VPN to access the site?

19 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Not listed as a blackout fixture. Are you using a VPN to access the site?

By ifollow rules it would be a blacked out fixture for Uk and Ireland because its 3 pm on a Saturday.

23 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

By ifollow rules it would be a blacked out fixture for Uk and Ireland because its 3 pm on a Saturday.

Obviously, but Ifollow has a list of fixtures which are blacked out due to TV coverage internationally, depending on where you are based.

35 minutes ago, whistleblower said:

yes - it has the same message if accessed through VPN (us based) or UK ISP

I bought a season pass so I'm not seeing the message, so apologies if I'm stating the obvious a bit.

35 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Ifollow didn't work last time despite vpn use and different broswers. Any thoughts?

Yes it did. Adblock was the problem. Disabled Adblock after about 30mins and it worked perfectly as soon as Adblock was off - Last week the game was on Sky which means it was blacked out and was never available on Ifollow

Edited by kick it off

No match pass showing for me and when logging in with VPN says access restricted from my location...

Edit: After much fiddling now have access. Fingers crossed. Honestly, I have no interest in watching non-league football at 3pm on a Saturday, I'm already a season ticket holder, why the bloody hell can't they allow us to stream these games officially? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd happily pay the club for some kind of away game season streaming pass. I know the blackout is a national thing, but seems crazy in this day and age.

Edited by Peanuts

It's working perfectly fine with Adblock off. I have video button already and checked it, it is working.

If it's saying access restricted with a VPN, then I suspect you're using a free one that they have blocked. If you are using a paid for one, then you just need to change country.

Is your card linked properly Bristol?

More and more sites who have some type of restriction on who can watch them (e.g. BBC, ITV, and maybe iFollow) are now analysing traffic to identify heavy/unusual IP address use, which are more than likely to be those used by VPN servers, and blocking them.

After all, It is very unlikely that there are 100's, if not 1,000's, of people all using one IP address unless it is a VPN.

As I understand it there are still a few VPN's that haven't been found or are better at playing the "cat and mouse" game by changing their IP address on a frequent basis.

A VPN service which can offer you a dedicated UK IP address at extra cost may work.

Most of the better known/popular/simpler VPN providers are easy to detect so either they don't work now or they probably won't work for much longer.    

Just now, Making Plans said:

More and more sites who have some type of restriction on who can watch them (e.g. BBC, ITV, and maybe iFollow) are now analysing traffic to identify heavy/unusual IP address use, which are more than likely to be those used by VPN servers, and blocking them.

After all, It is very unlikely that there are 100's, if not 1,000's, of people all using one IP address unless it is a VPN.

As I understand it there are still a few VPN's that haven't been found or are better at playing the "cat and mouse" game by changing their IP address on a frequent basis.

A VPN service which can offer you a dedicated UK IP address at extra cost may work.

Most of the better known/popular/simpler VPN providers are easy to detect so either they don't work now or they probably won't work for much longer.    

Yeah I think you're right - they sussed Opera VPN servers at the end of last season - I pay $1.99 per month for dedicated servers. Can't complain at all. Works every time.

I've used windscribe and expressVPN at various times and it's hit and miss. Clearly they are actively blocking them as some servers will work and others won't.

Worked fine with free vpn, used Windscribe, worth a try next time.

You only get 2GB download free and that was used up after around 70 mins but Ifollow continued to work, so all good.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Worked fine with free vpn, used Windscribe, worth a try next time.

You only get 2GB download free and that was used up after around 70 mins but Ifollow continued to work, so all good.

Think you could have turned it off after video came up and saved the 2GB. You only need VPN until picture appears.

4 hours ago, Peanuts said:

No match pass showing for me and when logging in with VPN says access restricted from my location...

Edit: After much fiddling now have access. Fingers crossed. Honestly, I have no interest in watching non-league football at 3pm on a Saturday, I'm already a season ticket holder, why the bloody hell can't they allow us to stream these games officially? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd happily pay the club for some kind of away game season streaming pass. I know the blackout is a national thing, but seems crazy in this day and age.

My Dad had this issue with VyperVPN. Looks like some of the VPN providers have been blackballed. He downloaded Browsec during the game and it worked instantly. 

PS - Blackout restriction is UK law - it would need to be repealed before anyone can provide that service - I suspect Murdoch is working on it as we speak.

Edited by kick it off

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Think you could have turned it off after video came up and saved the 2GB. You only need VPN until picture appears.

Yes I suspect you are right after my experience today, the 2GB renews in a months time, will experiment then.

Edited by Van wink