Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Boycott non football related expenses

Obviously our Board have no intention of sacking Worthy, a dilemma of their own making by giving the Clown a contract of such a size which precludes termination.

They know how the supporters feel but are prepared to do nothing.  As we have 20,000 season ticket holders with their money in the bank and no need to discuss renewals until March/April 2006.  Action to make them aware the current situation is unacceptable supporters should withhold spending their hard earned on the unnecessary items which are particularly lucrative to the club.

Over priced food and beverages should be avoided.  And spending on highly expensive and dubious quality merchandise especially coming up to Xmas can be put off until a later date if you have to buy it.  I don''t suppose ordinary supporters use Delia''s but if you do, please desist for the present.  And I am sure everyone can do without their copy of the programme for the foreseeable future.

So it is up to all of us to make a point.  A point that will hammer home and ven save you a few pence. 

Sorry, I''ll have a rant and take the p*ss but I refuse to take positive action to the detriment of my club.

If I stop doing anything it will be because of personal reasons. The last time I stopped going to games was because of the poisonous ''Chase Out'' atmosphere et al.

If supporters really want to make these kinds of points then boycott away matches which affects the income of our rivals.

Rudolph obviously disagrees with the original post, but allow me to turn the question around a little. If you are unhappy with the current situation how do you show it ?

To write a piece on a board like this or to the local rag does nothing to the powers that be. To not buy another season ticket does nothing because there are 1,010 people on the waiting list. To boo or demonstrate will only make 3 points harder to get, and give the pro-worthy camp every excuse to demonize you. To join a supporters club could be an avenue, but they are all still struggling to convince themselves that rocking the boat wouldnt affect their standings with the club.

If you pay your money you take your choice, it is up to you if you choose to buy a drink in the ground or out of it, likewise it is up to the individual to buy food at the ground or elsewhere. But make no mistakes, football is a business and revenue streams is the language of those in charge. I do not advocate a complete ban on NCFC purchases, but there''s no harm in a food and drink ban.