Sign in to follow this  
Surfer

Sunderland ‘Til I Die

Has anyone been watching the above on Netflix? Binged watched the 9 episodes and all I can say without spoiling it too much is a) Sunderland do finish up relegated and b) that Adidas kit is truly disgusting.... I have a theory you can tell who will be relegated based on terrible kits - they did, Ipswich will and we did at least twice. Maybe that's because it's what marketing rolls with once you run out of any other ideas how to improve things, but the net effect is to depress everyone even more? .... 

Edited by Surfer

Nice vid, reminds me of 1p5wich, faded pictures of a once thriving town. Subtle reminders of glories past and empty seats everywhere. The big difference is that Sunderland will be back, unlike our neighbours they continue to support their Team regardless of their position. Not sure a dodgy kit has the effect you're suggesting. 

I was going to start it but then I think I saw some footage of the 0 - 3 in the trailer. Still can't believe Neil benched Redmond and Hoolahan for that game.

Will get over that and watch it eventually though, presumably it's more interesting than the Juventus/Man City ones where the only real drama would be on Champions League nights.

We're getting a number of really good sports documentaries at the moment. All or Nothing was good if a bit too stage managed. 

Interesting to see Grabban wanting out of there as soon as things weren't looking too good. Rather than stay and help the team, he asks Bournemouth to recall him. Coleman says of it 'some players just think they deserve good things to happen to them'. Grabban himself said somthing along the lines of wanting out as he was starting to get subbed off after 70 mins and he wasn't having it.

Binged them all yesterday;

Enjoyed it, the CEO speaks very well.

Slightly disappointing that we didn't see much dressing room coverage, the outbursts, tea cup throwing, hair drying treatments.

This isn't the first documentary Sunderland have been part of, they had one years ago called Premier Passions, still on Youtube.

I saw the advert for that last night and it's piqued my interest.

If anyone wants a decent sports documentary, Icarus is incredible.

Very interesting and shows how once things start going wrong it all seems to snowball.

Once the owner realises he's chucking good money after bad and looks for a way out it's usually all down hill thereafter. One or two big clubs in our league could easily go the same way.

Watching this at the moment and feel a bit sorry for the foreign keeper and Honeywell, the others... 

Grayson struck me as hopelessly out of his depth but what are clubs supposed to do when the money dries up? They were short on numbers and quality and it showed. 

Watched it over the last couple of weeks. Decent watch.

Was shocked how little forward planning went into their transfer dealings. Virtually scraping round for anyone that would fit the bill on the last couple of days of the window. When Chris Martin decided not to come they had nothing else lined up other than some promising lad who clearly wasn't ready to be chucked in the deep end.

Compare that with our system, under Webber, where players are sounded out well before the window even opens, for style, wages and availability, on occasion even bought with the future in mind. 

Edited by Hairy Canary