Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Our Board: incompetents who got lucky?

I am just staggered at the apparent lack of action by the Board. As Richard Balls wrote in his article the time has come and nearly gone for them to actually earn their money and do something about the disastrous scenario that looms ahead: a relegation dog fight with no Ashton or Green. A dogfight that I have little confidence that we will win.

In the last 18 months the Board have been pathetic. I enjoyed our premierhsip year but I got embarrassed by the Board''s parochial "little Norwich on a brave adventure" attitude. It amazed me how we could actually patronise ourselves to the extent that we came across as a non-league team on a cup run. How lucky we were to have the greats dining at our table and gracing our playing surface.

The current situation sums it up. I am appalled and dismayed by the seeming lack of concern from the Board- Delia blaming injuries and Munby saying that the question of replacing Worthington had not even cropped up at their meetings. Astonishing. We are in the most precarious position and playing the worst football for 30 years and they state that they have faith in the man who is at the centre of it all.

Last night has surely to be a watershed, well probably the second (Wolves being the first). If this goes on the Board will have a "little Norwich lucky to be in Division One" attitude- small time mentality and small time thinking.

Prudence with ambition hey- is it really so "prudent" to stick with a man who cannot get his team to play?

Just as my faith in Worthy has evaporated, so my faith in this Board is being seriously eroded. Incompetence has many forms and complacency and inactivity are two of them.

I don''t believe for one second that they haven''t discussed sacking

Worthy. If that was true then that would be far more worrying than

doing nothing about it. You can argue the rights and wrongs of keeping

him on but they will have discussed it, even if only to the extent of

what to do if he suddenly walked.  It''s a real shame that things

have reached this sour point, when all we wanted and reasonably

expected was challenging for promotion with a oard, team and management

who seemed  a pretty tight unit. It''s a funny old game, but

no-ones laughing here.

It''s true about the small town mentality but it runs through the Club and City from the people upwards.

Norwich isn''t some New Town, London Borough or Industrial Revolution sweat shop slum it is a fine and ancient City in it''s own right,once capital of England and a medeival powerhouse(count the churches).

If this just sounds like a load of past history tripe then where is your civic pride. Whereever you come from, and newcomers often display a greater passion for this area, Norwich is something to be proud to be associated with and to be a part of.

We should not tolerate mediocrity and we must eradicate the ''pleased to be here mentality'' we displayed in the premier league.

Don''t you realise that the status of Norwich as a City and regional centre is the fundamental reason why Ipswich supporters hate us as they do.

I wonder why any recent successes such as the Milk Cup win, Europe or Premier League have been followed by slumps as we have failed to cope with notoriety.

This is a great club, it is time we behaved like one.

Absolutely Rudolph, just a shame our Board don''t have the confidence to take pride in the club and the City like the rest of us.