king canary

No Match Thread? Well...

if you don't play well and you get a draw away from home that is no bad thing. Take a point for sure

Picking up points without playing well isn't to be sniffed at.

Credit to Farke for the changes too- shifted momentum to our side.

An ok point that keeps us 5 ahead of the Baggies. Certainly enough negatives for Farke to work on and we need competition for those midfield places.

Every team in every league will have games where they don't play well and deserve nothing. Still getting points from these games will be the difference between the teams at the top and the rest. its a competitive league and i'm happy with that point.

Edited by ThorpeCanary

Sloppiest game I've seen from Norwich in a while. Mentally a bit tired perhaps? Not one of Alex's better days (sleep deprivation?)

Marcos got some wonderful stuff in his locker, but can't help feeling he's a touch too arrogant at times.

An away point under the circumstances is okay. Need to cut out the sloppy goals - needing three to win will catch up with you eventually!

I'm hoping McLean also will give us another option in midfield. Credit to Farke for the subs, albeit a smidge late, happy to see Rhodes on.

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Below par passing today, need Tim back quickly and missing Leitner.

It's good to get points when your supposed best players aren't there, so a good test today.  Klose and Leitner would make a difference to the solidity and cohesion, but thought Godfrey did well today.  Tettey needs Leitner...maybe Trybull would be a better for Tettey than Vrancic, but then you lose Vrancic's silky skills.....

Good point though and nearly three after a torrid examination by Bristol.

Good point that. 

Think we’ve been riding our luck a little recently, and we’ve been relying on a lot of young, inexperienced players. We were due a defeat, but saved a draw.

We’ve got Hanley, Klose and Leitner ready to come back, I expect Hernandez to be restored to the line up too. We’re in good shape. 

Krul played well, but should have stopped the first goal.

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

Krul played well, but should have stopped the first goal.

Disagree that he should have stopped the first goal, the near post was covered by Zimmermann and the expected shot would have been across his body, hence his slight move to the left to anticipate that.  Striker did well to get it through Zimmermann and do the unexpected. Well taken goal.

11 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Below par passing today, need Tim back quickly and missing Leitner.

Agree, felt we gave the ball away a bit more today.

The young sky pundit mentioned that krul will be disappointed in that first goal and I agree. 

I do like krul though - he's an important part of our promotion bid. 

Decent point. Fair result for me. We're not going to win every game, so if we can get away points in games like these I'm not going to moan.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Would be harsh to blame that one on Krul- very difficult to get down that low that quickly.

Possibly.. but he did get down in time, just didn’t deal with it. Just my opinion, but thought he should have got a firm hand to it.