Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Leeds are pants

They do the basics well which will take them a long way this season, also have some real matchwinners coming back from injury. As much as it would be fun to watch I can't see them slipping out of the top 6.

I've seen quite a few Leeds games this season.

This match is tough because Bolton have 11 men behind the ball. Only a matter of time before Leeds break through imo.

They've not strung 2 passes together. Very little better than Bolton in football terms.

Like a lot of teams, they rely on one or two decent moments to squeeze a win.

We're streets ahead of the lot  - in footballing terms   :classic_smile:

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Guy on Sky Sports just said Leeds are "back" on top.  Have they been top before this season then?  Can't remember it.

We played after them a few weeks ago and they were "top" for about 2 hours.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ron obvious said:

They've not strung 2 passes together. Very little better than Bolton in football terms.

Like a lot of teams, they rely on one or two decent moments to squeeze a win.

We're streets ahead of the lot  - in footballing terms   :classic_smile:

Today maybe but Leeds have the best average possession in the championship, they were crap today and Bolton made it difficult. Back to the top though. 

Leeds are always playing rubbish like Bolton. About time they had some decent opposition😉

Leeds are always playing rubbish like Bolton. About time they had some decent opposition😉

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Yes on form you are very good. We are better defensively but you are better in midfield (except for Hernandez 😉 ) Both teams have different strengths to their game.  I like Pukki

Edited by Rob Whites

That's funny, I get the feeling to get automatic promotion Leeds are going to have to at least match us week in week out, but hey ho, it doesn't matter what they do as far as I'm concerned.

34 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

That's funny, I get the feeling to get automatic promotion Leeds are going to have to at least match us week in week out, but hey ho, it doesn't matter what they do as far as I'm concerned.

22 games gone. You need to pull your socks up in defence if you are aiming for that. You are great getting goals in the last 15 mins but you cant rely on those.

My Dad was from up the Dales and I used to watch Leeds when they were proper Yorkshire, back in the early 60s, this lot have a way to go to measure up, whereas I’m struggling to recall a more exciting time since the days of Ron Saunders to be a City supporter. But I’m not interested in an illiterate whiney argument and fortunately this message board now has the facility for users to disinfect it. So, Bob Whites, no need to bite back, I won’t be listening, because what you say is not interesting, nor is your club.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So what minutes can teams score in that are more reliable than the last 15?

Im talking about the two games where you scored the last minute winner. Bolton are a terrible team that cant really score many at all but for some reason they got 2 past you. If you are going to fly through this division you shouldn't be letting teams like Bolton score 2 goals.

1 minute ago, Rob Whites said:

Im talking about the two games where you scored the last minute winner. Bolton are a terrible team that cant really score many at all but for some reason they got 2 past you. If you are going to fly through this division you shouldn't be letting teams like Bolton score 2 goals.

Rob, you are starting to sound as if you are giving advice on how to get out of this division ( upwards, of course), please remind me of your last successful  attempt at it as i'm only 56 yrs old.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Well duck my old boots! I don't think you're  taking enough of that lemonade with it. One those Bolton goals was in the last 15 mins...

Ah the myth that a goal scored in the final minutes is somehow less deserving and worthy than a goal scored in the first 5 minutes. Maybe something that FIFA can look into, A cut off point of 85 minutes for a real goal. Any goals scored after 85 minutes only count as half a goal, at this point 2 half goals will only count as one full goal. Goals conceded against teams that are struggling at the lower end of the table devalue the victory and therefore the higher placed team has to win by two clear goals scored between the minutes of 25-75 to claim the full 3 points. 

Edited by JF

16 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Rob, you are starting to sound as if you are giving advice on how to get out of this division ( upwards, of course), please remind me of your last successful  attempt at it as i'm only 56 yrs old.

It was a long time ago,but I also remember us staying in the promoted division for a while as well 😉

4 hours ago, Rob Whites said:

It was a long time ago,but I also remember us staying in the promoted division for a while as well 😉

Quite right, you have stayed in the same division for quite a while since your last promotion 😉