Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Lambert “ It’s turning. We just have to keep the form going “

Keeping the table up to date - Bolton and Millwall both won, so that's two more points behind them, however they beat Rotherham and Reading, and Wigan also lost. So Ipswich position slightly improves v's 21st place. Saturday they go to Middlesbrough who have yet to win at home in December... Reading at QPR, Bolton host Stoke, Rotherham at Bristol, Millwall host Forest, Wigan at Swansea. Will all six lose?

Dec 26 Visual Table.png

Edited by Surfer

With their horrendous goal difference "they" need to be on 23 points to be above the relegation zone, ie 8 points more than they have, which is 3 points worse than where they were at when Agent Lambert took over.

They need 3 other teams to be worse than them, and I'm not sure that is possible.

Their next two league games are Millwall and Rotherham at home after today. Failure to scrape the two wins needed out of those and I suspect even the most optimistic of town fans will be questioning the positive vibes Lambert gives off. Whist he was excellent for us, he has bitten off too much there I suspect. I would not be surprised to see him jump ship the moment their nightmare ends.

Long may it continue.

It sure is - here's the table change yesterday, obviously we let teams below us close our gaps somewhat bit in addition to adding a point to Ipswich's gap to 21st, their goal difference got even worse and they now need to chase down all three teams within three wins above them rather than three of four teams. They "have to" beat Rotherham and I expect that they will, but this is almost a lost cause already as even Bolton have started to pick up points again (4 in their last two games, v 1 for Ipswich)  

Visual Table Dec 26 v Dec 29.jpg

Edited by Surfer