Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Lambert “ It’s turning. We just have to keep the form going “

There's some crackers amongst this deluded drivel

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/439661/how-do-you-see-the-future-of-itfc/#25

Obviously a relegation to L1 is a possibility

We are Ipswich town FC for god sake not Cheltenham town. Our history, PR, fans and the club in general will live on as a well respected club for many many years.

One advantage we do have is financial stability.

Short of something very unfortunate happening, I can see us maintaining at least our second-tier status for the forseeable future. With a bit of good luck and some careful management, we could even have a go at promotion.

We are a club with morals ............remember that as a club, we have a lot more great memories than most clubs.

I can see us becoming a club very similar to Peterborough (disregarding our history obviously).

try not to laugh, there are some who can see the reality of their situation

I can see town in the next 20 years moving into a small stadium on the outskirts of town, and the council putting housing developments all over PR

Hard to see them turning it around at present, would take some kind of miracle to turn their current form around. They’ve conceded the 2nd most and scored the 2nd least so far this season, which usually results in one thing...

I like Lambert but its incredible how he's convinced so many of their fans of his brilliance without even winning a game. I understand they are probably desperate for some positives but they are in full on delusion mode at the moment.

I’d expect them to turn it around at some point and find some form. Whether it’s in time to save themselves I don’t know. I’m sure Lambert will be able to pull in a few experienced players on loan to “help out” though. 

They’re desperate for sure. Some of the players linked are intresting, and it will be intriguing to see what Lambert does.

Crouch, Getstede, Lansbury and Leadbitter have all been linked. All struggling for game time, and have a Lambert connection. So realistic and decent options on loan. 

Edited by Il Pirata

Linked, is merely speculation by some spotty teenager on the internet putting two and two together to make five.

If 50 points is a target then they have

25 games to get 39 points, which is 1.56 points a game

Which would currently put them in

8th place on 33 points after 21 games

That means the next four games against Wigan, Sheff Utd, QPR and Boro require 6 points just to keep on them track

Fail to pick up anything in those games and it would mean needing a total of 39 points off their remaining 21 games

A point less than Leeds have now and 85 points over a season.

Yes, the variables can change with maybe 45 points being the target, but unless they start to pick up serious points over the next four games January will be too late to save them,

More Norwich City players have scored in the league this season - 13

than Ipswich town have points - 11

We have scored more goals away than they have in total

We could have twice the number of away points - 22

as they have in total by this evening -11

poor old binners

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Some key matches coming up for them. Against our rivals! 3 draws would do.

Yep, every result they get that helps us will be gratefully be received...after all, there is a happy irony in them indirectly helping us stay at the top.

Well that's one just promoted from L1 team that Ipswich have beaten. Let's see if they can repeat the trick next week v Sheff Utd who still play that L1 hit and run style. Maybe Ipswich have found their level....? In any case 1 or more points taken off Sheff Utd next week would be very much appreciated. 

Edited by Surfer

Unfortunately I can see them getting out if this by virtue of there being 3 sides even worse.....a team until yesterday who had won only 1 of 19 should have been further adrift than they were.

Apparantly their win yesterday was the only time any of the current bottom six have won any of their last 6 matches!....this shows what rubbish there also is down there and their incapability of pulling away.

Bolton look in trouble on and off the pitch...millwall look poor, Reading absolutely need to get their managerial appointment right and Brentford are in freefall following Dean Smith's departure.

Sadly because of other teams inadequacies i can see ipswich limping to january still in touch i.e within 2 wins and Lambert pulling out a couple of loan signings which might elevate above 3 other sh!t teams

A scrappy game in atrocious weather is not a new dawn

lets see where they are after Sheff Utd, Boro and QPR

I think they will get out of it too - however the math suggests they won't. I ran all remaining results through my best guess filter into a spreadsheet and the bottom three looked like this:

So they'd need a lot of changes to the results to make the gap. 

Edited by Surfer

Brentford play Bolton while they’re at Sheffield Utd, the following week they play QPR and Millwall play Reading. They’re going to be back where they were before kick off yesterday but with two more games gone.

45 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Think you have got Bolton confused with Blackburn there.😀

Quite possibly Ricardo the filter does depend on what I'm drinking at the time. 🙂 I thought Bolton looked OK against us and Leeds. As you know a few wins at the bottom of the table makes a big difference. Will they continue on their current horrible run or put a few wins together? We'll see about the accuracy of this prediction, it's part of the fun after all. 

even the farmhands themselves don't have yesterday down as a change in their fortunes, playing wise

and that is what is needed because there is another four or more games o go with this squad before they can begin to strengthen in Jan

Theyll stay up purely based on the fact that I want them down

I rarely get anything I really want and I've seldom ever wanted anythig more than seeing them down to Division 3 for the first time in many a generation , so for no other reason than that theyll survive.

....the fact is for all predictions and historic points totals of safety of 50 ish, they only need to finish a point above 3 other teams ...and whose to say that total to survive might be unusually low this season

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

that presumes all three above them continue to fail

further ahead it should be remembered that this squad was assembled from the sale of 3 players for a sum in excess of 38m (as quoted) plus wage savings

there is no one in their current squad they can sell to raise that kind of money next summer and they will lose 9 players out of contract and five loanees return to their clubs

i expect the gate receipts to be down as will ST sales even if they stay up

the binners have tried to convince themselves that this is a one off season caused by a bad manager (Hurst) whereas it is no more than another step lower in their decade long tumble down the football stairs

until Evans leaves and the money is not being sucked out of the club they will continue their slide

FWIW for a final total of 33 points (22 additional from 11 last week) I forecasted Ipswich results sequence as - 

H Wigan - W (result), then H Sheff U - D, A QPR - L, A M'bro - L,  H Millwall - D, H Rotherham - W, A Blackburn - W, A Villa - L, H Sheff W- D, A Norwich - L, H Derby - L, H Stoke - D, A Wigan - D, H Reading - W, A WBA - L, A Bristol - D, H Forest - L, H Hull - W, A Bolton - D, A Brentford - L, H Birmingham - L, A Preston - L, H Swansea - L, A Sheff U - L, H Leeds - L.

Do you guys see them turning many of those draws and losses into wins to get out of it? 

Edited by Surfer

Superb goal from Stiepermann on Saturday but his effort completely outclassed by Sears magnificent strike. Definite candidate for goal of the season. Look it up on Sky site if you haven't seen it, pity there were only 14,000 there to see it.

Have to agree Daniel. A wonderful piece of attacking play by the binners - it only took three bits of calamitous defending by Wigan, and a completely miss hit , deflected shot to secure a well deserved second win of the season in front of 14,000 passionate fans. We can only dream of that sort thing. Scumbert said it was "brilliant" . I don't believe he would make that sort of thing up.

A man of undoubted talent and with such a remarkable record I'm sure he'll just be slumming it until Mourinho gets the boot at Man U. 😉

Apples

United's people had been in touch long before your post Apples. Will be a major blow for Town, not just losing a manager who has completely turned things around but will he want take a number of players and staff from their rich pool of talent with him.