Surfer

Sheff Utd v West Brom

What result do you ideally want tonight? I'm a bit torn between a draw and an away win as WBA are one point behind United. 

8 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Thought that was offside in the build up

Definitely. 

Ooh a bad miss for United from Billy Sharp. 

What quality there is on the pitch is coming from West Brom, but it's pretty poor stuff all round.

Edited by Surfer

Neither team as good as us. SU look like a team with commitment and energy but little style or intelligence. Too much long ball second half. League one / lower championship stuff.

Both teams have goal scorers which has kept them up there.

Norwich 43 pts

Leeds 42

------------------------

WBA 39

Sheffield Utd 37

Derby 36

Boro 36

----------------------------

Forest 34

Edited by Diane

Yup, and Derby host Forest on Monday.... 

Looking forward to McGoldrick's return to Ipswich next week. As much as I'd like Ipswich to lose I'd take another draw there t.b.h. 

Edited by Surfer

Went to this.  In the end the difference was down to money.  WBA benefited from those players acquired in the Premier, the Blunts suffered because they rely on freebies like McGoldrick.  

In the pub after, consensus was the Blunts are where they are because when they perform 100% they can match anyone, but no team can perform like that all the time.  When they dip they have nobody to dig them out.  

WBA have the usual post Premiership problem of lacking consistency as their players are not taking the opposition too seriously all the time.  My fear for Norwich is  that their second half performance could become their consistent approach from here and any slip from us and they will pounce.  However, if they lose a player or two to injury, not sure they have any real depth, so much could be due to whether they roll the parachute payment dice next month.  Anyone know what their financial position is?

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Anyone know what their financial position is?

They have money to spend and will bring in a few players in January. 

I think they will go up automatically - and are my favourites to be Champions. Their defence is a bit creaky, but they can out score anyone in the Legaue. Rodriguez and Gayle are probably the best two strikers in the league and the team will most likely go on to score over 100 goals. 

Sheff U are a testiment to organisation and clear game plan, they score the same kind of goal time and time again, the low cross to the back post and with players like Norwood and Mark Duffy they have great technical ability in the team too - they should make play-offs easily and would hate to faze them in the semi or final. 

• Like 1

Best result for us if one team had to win. At the end of the day, we just need to win our own games and we won’t have any problems! It is in our hands.