Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Jarrett Departs

Taken from Plymouth Site

TONY Pulis has made his second signing of the week when 26 year-old midfielder Jason Jarrett signed from Norwich City on loan.

Pulis knows the players abilities well having taken Jarrett to Stoke on loan from his former club Wigan Athletic earlier this year.

"He''s a box to box player. I had him at Stoke on loan and he''s a great lad. Paul Jewel offered him a new contract but he wanted to move. He went to Norwich but things haven''t worked out," admitted Pulis.

"I''m delighted. He''s a good player and with Paul Wotton suspended on Saturday we now have extra cover in midfield," concluded Pulis.

Pulis also revealed that he is waiting to hear from another player but he refused to reveal who or what position the player would fill.

Jarrett will be Pulis'' second signing of the week after he signed young defender Elliot Ward from West Ham on Tuesday, despite promotion contenders Sheffield United putting in a late bid for the player''s services.

Jarrett was born in Bury and appeared  70 times for his home town club over the 2000/01 and 01/02 seasons but he started his career as a trainee at Blackpool playing in just a few games before moving to Wrexham in October 1999 but only featured once for the Welsh side.

His performances at Bury drew the attention of Wigan and they bought him for £75000 in March 2002. In the following three years he appeared almost 100 times for the Latics, leaving the JJB in June this year to join Norwich where he has only appeared in 11 games, with just six senior starts in League and Carling Cup.

In January this year he went to Stoke City from Wigan on a month''s loan appearing in two league and one FA Cup game.

He hasn''t set the world on fire since he has been here, and perhaps if

he had played more regularly he might have setlled down. He may come

back from Plymouth a new player! As he cost no transfer fee, we may

well let him go on a free!

Not sure I would use your description, but he has been a

disappointment, and doesn''t look like a player Wigan tried to keep hold

of for their Premiership adventure.

If he goes permanently, then the wages saved may permit a better player to come on loan! So it would be a good riddance.

Well, I don''t want to say ''I told you so'', but I did ask at the time why such a wonderfully talented player that Brain of Britain told us we were getting in the summer was being released so quickly and easily when his former club were building up a squad for a Premiership campaign. Reading fans are still wetting themselves that we took on Hoosey and so it goes on.    

Jarrett was one of those never fit types who even when he occasionally became fit wasn''t match fit. He treated the ball as if it was radioactive and always looked around for his marker as he was receiving it - such was his awareness.

He has let Worthington down (who gave him his start in football at Blackpool); he has let the supporters down (who pay his wages) and he has let the club down (who put him on a pedestal).

That Paul Jewell is no mug, is he?

As I have said in previous posts I have no time at the moment for player sentiment and I hope for one that Jarrett never wears a Norwich shirt again and enjoys wearing those riduculously long Plymouth shorts (something else for him to see as a poor fit). Also, I understand he has been whinging about being homesick (like that other North Eastern wet blanket Dalgleish did). I hope he likes the West Country.

i dont know what what Jarrett Tony Pulis was watching.........

..........but it definately wasnt jason

so he hasnt done well in his time here but i cant see worthys logic...

sendsJJ out on loan after Safri got injured on Tuesday... we dont have the cover.

I guess this means Rossi Jarvis will get a chance which is a good thing, but if not why weaken an already deflated squad!?

jas :) 

I don''t think Jarrett got a fair crack of the whip. I thought he looked

ok against Milan, but on on bench against coventry until 85 mins didn''t

do much for his morale I suspect, even though Charlton & Hughes

were knackered in 2nd half  - worthy said his fitness levels

weren''t up to the standards of city.  Next time I saw him was

against Northampton - I was shocked at how lacking in confidence he

was. since then, has played some stinkers, as have quite a few players,

but did better against Birminghams and at home against either s.wed or

Cardiff. Played poorly against Wolves, but then most of the team did.

If he starts to play well at plymouth, I''d have him back alongside Dicko, or sell him.