Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Tim still out

Hanley doubtful too after getting an eye infection from being poked in the eye by Hernandez in training!

Leitner can't play the full 90 minutes yet, so probably will make the bench, according to Farke.

McLean on the way back too from the sounds of it. Just short of match fitness. Maybe we'll see him by New Year.

Edited by Pyro Pete

A big blow. His passing ability helps to set the tempo of our play, whilst his presence brings out the best in Zimmerman. Without Klose, Zimmerman does struggle. Doesn't sound like Hanley will make it either, so over to Godfrey again. A back four with an average age under 21, Tettey will be vital tomorrow! 

Hopefully we have enough to get through the next two unbeaten, and then with a bit of luck we'll have the likes of Leitner, Klose, Mclean and Hanley fully fit for the new year. 

You never know, Jarvis could make an appearance! I do have this feeling he will still have a defining moment in a Norwich shirt... I think there's a script somewhere written for him.  

20 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

You never know, Jarvis could make an appearance! I do have this feeling he will still have a defining moment in a Norwich shirt... I think there's a script somewhere written for him.  

A bit part in Emergency Ward Ten perhaps👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would rather we get Timm back when he's fully fit than risk him and lose him to a more serious injury like a torn muscle rather than a strain.  He (and Hanley) will be really important for the Derby and Forest games - not to diminish tomorrow or the Blackburn games.

All other teams are suffering injuries, we just worry about ours more.  Leeds have loads at the moment too.

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Do other teams get all these injuries, seems to be one back two out, have we ever had a clean bill of health 

All teams get them. To be honest we've been fairly lucky that most of our injuries have been fairly short term this season.

7 hours ago, ricardo said:

A bit part in Emergency Ward Ten perhaps👍

Ricardo - Emergency Ward Ten - that does age you for mentioning it and me for recognising it.

• Sad 1

Jarvis coming back to score the goal that secures us promotion. It couldn't happen could it?!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wooster said:

Ricardo - Emergency Ward Ten - that does age you for mentioning it and me for recognising it.

Sadly true, should have said ER.👍

1 minute ago, Hairy Canary said:

Seems like we have one more game without him. Be interesting to see if Grant and Leitner get to start.

So we have to pick two of Zimmerman, Hanley or Godfrey. My very amateur thinking is that Hanley would help shore us up in the air better than if we had the other two together as I think we've looked a bit vulnerable in recent games. Obviously Hanley and Godfrey would be a new pairing, do we have much experience of him playing with Zimmerman?

bad news

I don't see a clean sheet without Tim. I hope to be proved wrong but it makes a win much more difficult.

1-1 draw

Hard to know who will partner zimmermann - blackburns main threat is Bradley Dack who is mobile while danny graham is a bit more of a poacher than outright  physical,  which may favour Godfrey over Hanley.

Hanleys experience is balanced with Godfreys better mobility and passing; for me it is closely balanced but I suspect we will see Grant starting against his former team.

I will be OK with either choice,  but do still feel we will improve again once Klose is back for the forest game.  

Edited by ZLF

I'd go with Godfrey, he's very capable, he needs the experience and will improve the more games he gets. I may be wrong but I think Hanley favours the right side anyway, whch is Zimermann's slot.

18 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Keeping Tim wrapped in cotton wool in preparation for the January sales......would be a conspiracy theorist's thought......

One hell of a bruised knee I must say. In my mind we still need cover in this position. Hanley needs to show significant improvement if we are you keep in the top 2.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Not sure I'd drop Zimmerman personally.

Agreed. Hasn’t Zimbo with Timbo proved to be the most effective back two?

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Agreed. Hasn’t Zimbo with Timbo proved to be the most effective back two?

Zimmerman and Godfrey then.