Sign in to follow this  
GenerationA47

Farke among NCFC managers - a snapshot

Clearly for most of us, 'trophies won' and 'fun had' matter rather more than other stats, so caveating this post as mere statto fun

As of the weekend, DF is currently ranked City's all-time 25th for total number of games managed, 18th for number of competitive wins with City, and 9th place for % win rate.

If we keep him till the end of the season he'll have been in charge for 100+ games, putting him comfortably inside the top 20 managers for longevity. If he kept up this season's win rate, then even assuming no progress in the Cup, he would end up in at least 15th place for total number of City victories, and 6th best manager for win percentage. The latter would rise to 3rd if you remove those who managed City for 20 games or fewer... behind only Norman Low and Paul Lambert.

Ifs, buts and maybes, just maybes....

DF had a tough gig from the get go, although I was disappointed with where we finished in the league last year, I still thought he would come good, and despite a poor start to this season I thought we were a lot closer to stringing together a decent run. However, not in my wildest dreams did I think we'd be top right now and playing the scintillating stuff we have in the last few months.

As for your stats 47, I hope is around long enough to smash some of those records.

Me too, Daz 

Well, I always thought he seemed like he had the potential to do something great. I’ll admit it was puzzling, disappointing when things didn’t click last year. Irrationally, I almost felt like I’d been conned!

It ain’t over till X person does Y , but appears he’s starting to realise last year’s dreams this season

We had a wonder-kid last year who was way above the rest so the opposition just had to stop him and his passes*...we're a complete team now and the magic comes from all over the pitch. Add a few player improvements from youth and overseas and its all helped.  Farke and Co' have done very well.

*I think this is why he had so many long range shots as most of his pass paths were already covered/blocked.