Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Peril

OT - Making Tax Digital

I'm sure I have read in a post somewhere that a poster was working on software for VAT submissions for MTD.

If that person could make themselves known I would be interested in hearing more

I have clients that will be needing software of some kind but would prefer not to put money in the pockets of the more well known providers & are more inclined to go local

Any recommendations would be gratefully received

Ta 

Isn't there talk that this will be delayed again - seeing as x % of businesses don't have enough broadband - the government's fault, some businesses haven't even heard of MTD - except as a lawnmower - and the system at their end hasn't even been tested properly.

The timing would be ironic - to have MTD fail so soon after the failure of Brexit.

My accountants have negotiated a reduced fee for Quickbooks - £10 a month, which doesn't seem onerous.

We are governed by incompetent people - at a recent Breakfast meeting Liz Truss, who works in the Treasury and should know, stated that letters had gone out to all businesses advising us on how to prepare for Brexit. Everybody in the room informed her that we had received no such letter, and I, for one, still have not received anything. 

On 11/12/2018 at 21:58, Yellow Peril said:

I'm sure I have read in a post somewhere that a poster was working on software for VAT submissions for MTD.

If that person could make themselves known I would be interested in hearing more

I have clients that will be needing software of some kind but would prefer not to put money in the pockets of the more well known providers & are more inclined to go local

Any recommendations would be gratefully received

Ta 

We are going to move to Xero and I know a few of the agents themselves use this. It is reasonably priced and seems user friendly.