Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Hello Everybody

Hello Everybody,

First of all I want to apologise for my lack of content and thus information from my sources within the club and contacts in the game over the last year or so. As many of you will know, I moved from Dussindale to Saxlingham Nethergate in 2017. Whilst the move was initially successful there were serious issues with the installation of a conservatory/garden room, which led to my wife suffering a breakdown. Rehabilitating her has been my fundamental priority (job one). I'm pleased to say that since the triple glazing has been installed she is well on the road to making a full recovery; as such I will be able to dedicate more time to providing the forum with news from 'behind the scenes' at the club, scouting and much, much more.

Watch this space.

Best,

TG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, True Grit said:

I will be able to dedicate more time to providing the forum with news from 'behind the scenes' at the club...

Perfect, just the chap to tell us.......

How much did Watling wallet?

18 minutes ago, True Grit said:

Hello Everybody,

First of all I want to apologise for my lack of content and thus information from my sources within the club and contacts in the game over the last year or so. As many of you will know, I moved from Dussindale to Saxlingham Nethergate in 2017. Whilst the move was initially successful there were serious issues with the installation of a conservatory/garden room, which led to my wife suffering a breakdown. Rehabilitating her has been my fundamental priority (job one). I'm pleased to say that since the triple glazing has been installed she is well on the road to making a full recovery; as such I will be able to dedicate more time to providing the forum with news from 'behind the scenes' at the club, scouting and much, much more.

Watch this space.

Best,

TG

That must have been a bit of a pane.

Still always look on the bright side, which I should imagine is south

My first wife suffered like that.

Pauline if I remember, her not the conservatory. Not always a good idea to name parts of the house. Once had some plant, we called her Ivy. She became rather attached to us.

It was not Pauline, it was Windowlene. Ran of with a bloke called Sheen, if I remember.

Welcome back TG, i'm looking forward to your valuable insider input. Just in time for the Transfer window too. So glad that we wont have to rely on made up guff, just factual 'in the know' truth. God bless you, you selfless servant to football.

Hows the Nissan Cashcow going?

Welcome back TG 😀.

Just one thing, whilst I appreciate that the installation of a conservatory/garden room is one of life's major challenges, I wondered if her breakdown may have deeper causes - leaving Dussindale must have come as a profound shock to her system and it is the type of blow that could flaw anyone.

Be prepared for the fact that conservatory/garden room disaster may be just a shallow symptom with the expulsion from Dussindale being the real deep-lying cause. Human psychology is a complex matter and sometimes the deepest roots of an issue are deeply suppressed.

Big club looking to prepare bid for one of our top performers in January. Can't say much more at this stage but loyalty will be tested.

47 minutes ago, Badger said:

Welcome back TG 😀.

Just one thing, whilst I appreciate that the installation of a conservatory/garden room is one of life's major challenges, I wondered if her breakdown may have deeper causes - leaving Dussindale must have come as a profound shock to her system and it is the type of blow that could flaw anyone.

Be prepared for the fact that conservatory/garden room disaster may be just a shallow symptom with the expulsion from Dussindale being the real deep-lying cause. Human psychology is a complex matter and sometimes the deepest roots of an issue are deeply suppressed.

It was a shock to the system for her. We still had a warranty on the decking, which has been something she hasn't been able to fully come to terms with. 

Great to see you back. Have you been able to keep up the scouting side of things? I enjoyed the insight and tips you were able to give those of us who aren’t practising at the sharp end.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Welcome back TG 😀.

All  true, Badger, but let's not forget the feelings of the conservatory/garden room in all this. Guilt transference from the human occupants to the relevant home extension is a recognised psychological syndrome, as explained in my seminal work "We share your pane."

7 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

All  true, Badger, but let's not forget the feelings of the conservatory/garden room in all this. Guilt transference from the human occupants to the relevant home extension is a recognised psychological syndrome, as explained in my seminal work "We share your pane."

oi, stop nicking my puns

True Grit why don't you just **** off,  you're about as funny as Johnathan Ross and Russel Brand another couple of wasters

14 minutes ago, daly said:

True Grit why don't you just **** off,  you're about as funny as Johnathan Ross and Russel Brand another couple of wasters

What do you think of Stephen Fry though? 🧐

48 minutes ago, Bill said:

oi, stop nicking my puns

I'll raise a glass to that although Purple is putty in your hands.

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Great to see you back. Have you been able to keep up the scouting side of things? I enjoyed the insight and tips you were able to give those of us who aren’t practising at the sharp end.

Thank you. 

I'm now a fully registered FA intermediary (aka an agent), with a strong portfolio of clients on my books. As you'll appreciate I cant give you their names due to the latest GDPR regulations (of which I strongly adhere to), but rest assured, theyre well known in league football and with my dedication to profile management I'm convinced in time the majority will become household names and a brand within themselves.

Becoming an intermediary was a natural progression, given the wide ranging contacts I have made in national and European football markets.

I can still give the odd tip on scouting but profile development and contract negotiations are my bread and butter these days.

Best,

TG

On 10/12/2018 at 09:58, PurpleCanary said:

Good point - I hadn't considered empathetic home extensions!