Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Steipermann

On a weekend where racism yet again rears its ugly head, probably not the best celebration. Not suggesting for one moment there was any intent from Marco.

Pretty sure it's because he's grown a moustache over November and still has it.

It can only feasibly be that, or he's caught scent of Ipswichs form.

• Like 1

This thread has got to be a joke, right?  Can't believe anyone has actually found a criticism of his Movember celebration.  Maybe Grant Holt should have been castigated for this too - oh, no he's English, that's ok then.

image.thumb.png.dcbf03ea9f8e5fd671fc782b26900842.png

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

This thread has got to be a joke, right?  Can't believe anyone has actually found a criticism of his Movember celebration.  Maybe Grant Holt should have been castigated for this too - oh, no he's English, that's ok then.

image.thumb.png.dcbf03ea9f8e5fd671fc782b26900842.png

Was my motm on Sat,  has added some physicality to the team and his willingness to drive forward is infectious.

While we like all the germans, perhaps their sense of humour has noyt yet landed,  perhaps Henning Wehn could help us?

Edited by ZLF

10 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Pretty sure it's because he's grown a moustache over November and still has it.

It can only feasibly be that, or he's caught scent of Ipswichs form.

I would say you're exactly right! Those thinking it has something to do with Hitler are either 500 years old or completely out of touch with the way young German people feel about their past. In short... Hitler and the **** party aren't particularly well liked among most Germans.

They also don’t use that gesture in Germany. Funnily enough they don’t do the goose-stepping with it, either. Hence he wouldn’t understand why a man with a finger moustache is automatically Hitler.

Think we can let him off this one

Strange though it may seem, to a German a finger moustache would not be a reference to a facist dictator who lived more than 50 years ago.   That would be reading things into the gesture that Stiepermann could not have intended.   

He’s been great for us this season, and I thought Saturday was one of his very best performances.  My MotM.   But he always gives 100%.

Maybe he was pointing out that Canaryking spelled both his first & last names wrong, as well as Movember.

I must be a grammar N***-better not say that on this thread!