Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Team

Bloody hell City. I've lost more hair than I can afford. Again!! Well done lads!!😀

We just do not die. What a hit from pukki. We are just unstoppable. Stupid goal to concede for the equaliser but yet another brilliant response. 

Bloody hell! Watching us these days is bad for the old ticker! Great spirit again lads, well done! 

You were top for five minutes.😀 As you say though, nice gap between us and third.

• Like 1

Us and Leeds are the best two teams in this league. The Feb Elland Rd match should be a cracker.

It's never over until it"s over with us. Did our best to throw it away but what a finish from Pukki. Didn't have a great view of their 2nd, who was to blame?

Champs is so unlike the Prem, you rarely get a Liverpool or Man City dominating this division, every club competes and scraps for what it can get, so much shown by the likes of Millwall and Bolton coming here lately and running us close. Combine that with many injuries, already having a fair few out, joined by the likes of Leitner and Klose now, makes it all the more impressive how we find  winning a habit, by scoring goals!

But today Ben Godfrey had his chance finally, he did fine. All this is giving  fans huge entertainment at home this season compared to such dullness at home last season. Still feel we are a mite more comfortable away from home these days, but we are finding ways to win at home to. OTBC

17 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Champs is so unlike the Prem, you rarely get a Liverpool or Man City dominating this division, every club competes and scraps for what it can get, so much shown by the likes of Millwall and Bolton coming here lately and running us close. Combine that with many injuries, already having a fair few out, joined by the likes of Leitner and Klose now, makes it all the more impressive how we find  winning a habit, by scoring goals!

But today Ben Godfrey had his chance finally, he did fine. All this is giving  fans huge entertainment at home this season compared to such dullness at home last season. Still feel we are a mite more comfortable away from home these days, but we are finding ways to win at home to. OTBC

One team can't dominate as they usually get promoted.

Got into the rugby clubhouse and we were 2-1 up and then saw they had equalised. Last season, I would have said "that's it" but once again today, I said we will win this still.

And sure enough, I sit here with a smug grin on my face. Will watch Ques tonight even though I have just watched the goals on Youtube. 

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Us and Leeds are the best two teams in this league. The Feb Elland Rd match should be a cracker.

To be honest im not sure how we are up there, we have injuries galore and a few are out hence why 2 or 3 youngsters are playing. 

36 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

To be honest im not sure how we are up there, we have injuries galore and a few are out hence why 2 or 3 youngsters are playing. 

Being gifted that goal by Sheff U Keeper has kept you in touch with us.

Phil Parkinson is a mentalist. He reckons Ameobi had a "stonewall" pen waved off, and was unlucky to get the second yellow as it "wasn't clear who was fouling who".... Is he taking the Pi$$?

12 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Being gifted that goal by Sheff U Keeper has kept you in touch with us.

Every team gets some sort of luck but we have not played our best football since a third of our first 11 have been out which is why im surprised where we are, not because of the gifted Blades goal

2 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Every team gets some sort of luck but we have not played our best football since a third of our first 11 have been out which is why im surprised where we are, not because of the gifted Blades goal

Just look at your in-game stats (and ours). Both teams dominate the opposition.

1 hour ago, Rob Whites said:

Well this might concern you. We had at least four first team players out injured, including our captain, and played a back four with an average age of twenty. Cantwell and Buendia both started too, and are also under twenty one. 

Further more, our marquee summer signing McLean has barely played due to injury, and is more or less fit and ready to challenge for the first team.

Not to mention Jordan Rhodes who can’t get a game. We have at least another gear in us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Well this might concern you. We had at least four first team players out injured, including our captain, and played a back four with an average age of twenty. Cantwell and Buendia both started too, and are also under twenty one. 

Further more, our marquee summer signing McLean has barely played due to injury, and is more or less fit and ready to challenge for the first team.

Not to mention Jordan Rhodes who can’t get a game. We have at least another gear in us. 

And who is going to make way for Jarvis when he's fit?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Not concerning for us but we both have had injuries. Izzy Brown is almost fit who was instrumental in Huddersfield's promotion. I honestly dont rate Rhodes as I think he is past his best. Both good sides and im sure we will both be up there. Mc lean is a good player.

Edited by Rob Whites

8 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Not concerning for us but we both have had injuries. Izzy Brown is almost fit who was instrumental in Huddersfield's promotion. I honestly dont rate Rhodes as I think he is past his best. Both good sides and im sure we will both be up there

I only said might. 

Jordan Rhodes definitely isn’t past his best, check out his goals against Villa earlier in the season. He’s a very nice alternative to have , who came on in both today’s and the Millwall game and contributed to an extra 5 points. 

I must be honest I didn’t realise you had Izzy Brown. He tore us to pieces a couple of years back whilst playing for Huddersfield in a 3-1 win at Carrow Road. So you potentially have a player ready to come in and improve you further. 

Mind you, you had all the stars in League One too. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Haha 1

Rhodes is excellent at this level and perfect to have to be able to bring on and get you a goal. Clearly loving his football too this season and looking very different to last season.

Edited by It's Character Forming
Typo