Sign in to follow this  
pete

Tim Krul gets Farke backing

See article on Pink Un website.

Just wondering why Farke decided he needed to say this now. Confidence builder or Warning shot?

35 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

It could be he was asked a question at a press conference 

You can ask questions on here FF on threads but it doesn't mean you get an answer though. 😜

for Me I’m happy with his answer about Krul, I think he views him as a keeper very much the way I see it from the stands.

one major thing that doesn’t get mentioned is Krul’s role in organising the defence, whenever we’ve had a chance against us he’s always shouting at them which is a  very good thing IMO 

Against the run of play. There’s only been flashes of our usual play but good to see we can come up with some answers when not going our way

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Weirdest title for a Match Thread I've ever seen 😄

Second save was a cracker.

Thought my generic fruit based device had crashed as there wasn’t a match thread and wanted to comment on the couple of saves

19 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Fantastic couple of saves just now. Experience behind a very young back 4 important too

Youngest I have known

Just seen the Liverpool keeper drop a real clanger to hand MU an equaliser. All keepers, however good, will make a mistake especially with these modern very light footballs. I'm very happy with Krul. He had a young back 4 yesterday and Tettey not playing to his best so his experience was essential.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, king canary said:

Weirdest title for a Match Thread I've ever seen 😄

Second save was a cracker.

Krul basically kept  us in the match yesterday. Brilliant saves and the first goal was slightly deflected giving it an unpredictable bounce.  Good goalie and we are lucky to have him. 

• Like 1

Well played Tim, some important saves beginning to win me over.  However so nearly dropped another clanger spilled another and just managed to recover.  You did manage to punch yesterday perhaps better to punch rather than parry to get greater distance on clearance.  Let down yesterday by misfiring midfield giving possession away.

16 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Krul basically kept  us in the match yesterday. Brilliant saves and the first goal was slightly deflected giving it an unpredictable bounce.  Good goalie and we are lucky to have him. 

The first save is a bit 'Hollywood' - looks great but is actually relatively standard as it is straight at him. The second save was a corker. A more aware striker would have punished him for the poor spill.