Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Cmon West Bromwich

And Villa!! A hard fought nil all please with a couple of spendings off. That would suit city just fine, thanks .

Edited by wcorkcanary
Smelling?!!
  • Like 1

Villa are beginning to find form since the new chap settled in. Four nil away at Derby and three nil away at Boro are sit up and take notice results (think I've remembered correctly). Draw would be good

I would actually favour a Villa win to increase the gap between us and third, if we get that win tomorrow of course.

Automatics is what we should concern ourselves with, not what happens in Aston.

Villa are definitely on a roll (same form as us over the last 5 games).  West Brom didn't impress me when I saw them v Brentford the other night until Gayle came on.

Personally I think the top eight clubs now are the ones who'll be there at the end of the season - just in different positions.  Sheff U and Forest to miss out on the top 6.

Agree about the top 8 Woodman. Tough to see anyone else breaking into it. I'd go with Derby and West Brom missing the cut. They seem the most inconsistent of the group to me.

I will say Sheffield Utd will miss top 6. They compete but the quality just isn't there. If Grabban gets injured then Forest could struggle for goals. Leeds and us especially, have been consistently decent (even early on this season we could see signs of a team emerging and I would suggest too even last year....the trouble then being we had Josh and Oliveira making wrong choices in dangerous attacking positions....didn't we have the 3rd most shots but worst conversion rate in the division?).

You would have to say right now it's us and Leeds who could be deemed heavy favourites, perhaps even better than evens odds, for automatic places. Other threads give weight to this.

Interesting match tonight though. Two very attacking teams.

Edited by sonyc

Any result would be fine: draw = fewest points between our rivals; Villa win = bigger gap to 3rd place; West Brom win = a halt to Villa's revival and a dampener on the media love-in.

It should be a noisy and passionate affair- given the clubs are less than 4 mile apart.

The Championship has a fair number of long standing rivalries with both Sheffield clubs up against each other and with Rotherham a few mile from each.

There's little love lost between Derby and Forest either, nor between those two and the Sheffield clubs.

Add Leeds and Stoke into the mix and you have a real 70/80's First division battle ground.

Plenty of 'grudge' matches and far more to play for now in financial terms.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I agree with the op, draws are best involving our rivals, but our task is still there - to stay ahead of the pack we have to keep winning. 

Cutting edge analysis there - we have to keep wining to stay top.

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

giphy.gif

you look a lot younger there Lakey

No chance of WBA v Villa being goalless the defences are not good enough to keep either attack quiet.

52 minutes ago, pete said:

No chance of WBA v Villa being goalless the defences are not good enough to keep either attack quiet.

Goalless draw would be ideal, but happy enough with

5-5.

6 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

Agree about the top 8 Woodman. Tough to see anyone else breaking into it. I'd go with Derby and West Brom missing the cut. They seem the most inconsistent of the group to me.

Agree with this. Really dont think WBA will make the cut.

Draw is good with me tonight. Happy with a villa win though if thats how the cards fall.

Edited by kick it off

Half-time observations:-

WBA’s attempts to play out from the back are laughable.

The three key players - El Ghazi, Barnes and Gayle, are not owned by either club.

God forbid that Bolassie and Abraham are involved with the next goal.......

Edited by unique

Dodgy equalizer there, definitely came off his arm. That said I'd have taken a draw at the start of the game.

Decent result for us, fingers crossed for QPR over the next couple of games. (Leeds, Middlesbrough)

Edited by Surfer