Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Pete Shelley

Sad news. So many bands woud not be around without his and the Buzzcocks influence. RIP Pete.

• Like 1

Saw Buzzcocks at West Runton Pavillion near Cromer in November 79 (those were great days for music!) - Joy Division with Ian Curtis were support - RIP Pete

I'd never heard of the West Runton Pavillion until it was mentioned on this forum. Sounded like a great venue and that sounded like a good gig. Top booking agent whoever he/she was👍

17 hours ago, Herman said:

I'd never heard of the West Runton Pavillion until it was mentioned on this forum. Sounded like a great venue and that sounded like a good gig. Top booking agent whoever he/she was👍

West Runton was pretty much a big scout hut ! 😁 Amazing really to think that when top bands went on tour they would play at a small village in north Norfolk 

On 06/12/2018 at 21:33, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I´m very saddened to hear of this. Buzzcocks had some of the best sounds going in the late 70´s. I was lucky enough to see them in Chelmsford after they reformed, sometime in the early 90´s

Mrs Frank can’t work out why I’m bothered by it, another part of my youth gone unfortunately 

19 hours ago, Herman said:

West Runton Pavillion, Cromer Links & The Boogie House were top venues, saw some great gigs.