CANARYKING

Banana throwing fan at the Emirates comes from Norwich

His name, age and address have been reported on national newspaper websites now. So I think it's safe to say he may rue his actions. Silly old twonk.

There's some things from before my era of watching football that you think we will never see again due to society evolving but there's always a few painfully ignorant fools who buck the trend. 

Not sure what he real intent was, and I think it has been blown out of all proportion.

Nobody can condone the connotations that his action had, nor accept that it is ok to throw something at a player.

He will doubtlessly (and deservedly) be banned and fined..........

......................... and hopefully held up to Klopp as a reminder of the kind of idiot stuff fans are capable of

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

There's some things from before my era of watching football that you think we will never see again due to society evolving but there's always a few painfully ignorant fools who buck the trend. 

Have to say that I was surprised too when I read that, thought those days had gone. Papers have printed his full name & Heartsease address so  as Herman says he may rue his actions now

12 hours ago, Bill said:

......................... and hopefully held up to Klopp as a reminder of the kind of idiot stuff fans are capable of

Eh?

5 hours ago, Diane said:

Have to say that I was surprised too when I read that, thought those days had gone. Papers have printed his full name & Heartsease address so  as Herman says he may rue his actions now

Having read the press report and seen his name and age it appears he has origins somewhere in Eastern Europe and sadly today race still plays a very big part in football hooliganism with FIFA dishing out fines on an all too often basis. The culture towards black players is a world away from ours.

Edited by TIL 1010

or

" I am actually a Greek Cypriot "

i suppose that is near enough for some

(not sure what 'origins' is supposed to mean)

Yes i now see that he is in fact a Greek Cypriot but fans behaviour in both Cyprus and Greece is a world away from what we have ever seen or accepted in this country and in fact earlier this year Cyprus introduced a card ID scheme in an attempt to sort out their problems.

Is that behaviour inherent as it could be he was born or grew up here ?

48 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes i now see that he is in fact a Greek Cypriot but fans behaviour in both Cyprus and Greece is a world away from what we have ever seen or accepted in this country and in fact earlier this year Cyprus introduced a card ID scheme in an attempt to sort out their problems.

This  and your previous post are ridiculous. You know nothing about him (even his nationality until you were told) yet you’re generalising an entire nation and inferring his actions are because of his origin.

I’m not defending him or his actions at all but posts and opinions like this are short sighted and inciteful. Get some facts together and then debate the point.

OK it was a stupid act, but  its hardly a rape or molesting a child . By the looks of the photo in the newspapers he picked it off the floor and threw it at the Arsenal player who decided to milk it in front of the Spurs supporters and would probably done the same thing had the player been red, white or blue

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Til

Would have thought you remembered the behaviour or Man.U supporters from the past plus another dozen or so clubs

40 minutes ago, daly said:

OK it was a stupid act, but  its hardly a rape or molesting a child . By the looks of the photo in the newspapers he picked it off the floor and threw it at the Arsenal player who decided to milk it in front of the Spurs supporters and would probably done the same thing had the player been red, white or blue

As defences go, "Not as bad as raping a child" is a doozy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, spindrift said:

As defences go, "Not as bad as raping a child" is a doozy.

I don’t know, daly could be on to something here.  If we ignored all illegal acts less bad than raping a child then we could focus all the law enforcement resources onto child rape, and I guess other serious stuff like murder (although maybe just murder of children?), and really crack down. 

Anyone upset because their house was burgled or they were assaulted, had their car stolen etc. and expecting attention from the police would in effect be condoning child rape and murder.

On 04/12/2018 at 16:36, TIL 1010 said:

Having read the press report and seen his name and age it appears he has origins somewhere in Eastern Europe and sadly today race still plays a very big part in football hooliganism with FIFA dishing out fines on an all too often basis. The culture towards black players is a world away from ours.

or away from the usual bigotry

" His solicitor, Leila Rasool, said Panteli had been going to Tottenham games for 50 years "

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46607199