Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Nelson off in Jan ?

Looks like Nelson could finally be off in January.

Nelson Oliveira could be set to end his exile at Norwich City with a proposed January loan move to Turkish club Besiktas - ahead of a permanent summer switch.

Oliveira was touted with the Turkish giants earlier in the week and now Turkish sports newspaper, Fotospor, report on Wednesday the clubs are set to agree a six month loan deal ahead of a permanent deal that could net Norwich 3m euros.

Fotospor report City would prefer a straight sale in the New Year, rather than an initial loan option, with talks on going between the clubs.

Sporting director Stuart Webber admitted at the club’s AGM last week that they hoped to find Oliveira a new club in January.

“If he stays, no one really wins,” he said. “We are open to offers for him in January. He is open to leaving because he knows he needs to play football.

“As a club we have an expensive asset sat there and for him his career is disappearing and you only get one opportunity. He knows that. Nelson and I have an honest relationship.

“We speak at least once a week on it. It is very professional. There are no problems.

“He has not been banished out of the group. He trains every day. I can’t speak highly of how he has handled it.”

The 27-year-old has not featured in City’s first team since the final day of last season.

The former Benfica forward is under contract at Carrow Road until 2020, after signing a four-year deal in 2016. Oliveira has plundered 19 league goals in 65 appearances for the Canaries.

Fingers crossed we'll be able to shift his wages off the books. Any fee would be a bonus. He's not a terrible player, but he's a poor fit for us. He doesn't work hard enough and is far too selfish. The antithesis of the progress made by the club over the two seasons.

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Can't we do a bogof with Jarvis.

I think that is the approach already being taken with Oliveira

ie bog off

Edited by Bill

£2.5m is better than expected taking all into account.

Bank it Mr. Webber. We don't seem to need much in January, for once.

(Use it to lure Tim Klose for longer once his contract expires.)

Having said that about the sale, I think that Besiktas will get full value from the player. 

14 hours ago, Diane said:

Looks like Nelson could finally be off in January.

Nelson Oliveira could be set to end his exile at Norwich City with a proposed January loan move to Turkish club Besiktas - ahead of a permanent summer switch.

Oliveira was touted with the Turkish giants earlier in the week and now Turkish sports newspaper, Fotospor, report on Wednesday the clubs are set to agree a six month loan deal ahead of a permanent deal that could net Norwich 3m euros.

Fotospor report City would prefer a straight sale in the New Year, rather than an initial loan option, with talks on going between the clubs.

Sporting director Stuart Webber admitted at the club’s AGM last week that they hoped to find Oliveira a new club in January.

“If he stays, no one really wins,” he said. “We are open to offers for him in January. He is open to leaving because he knows he needs to play football.

“As a club we have an expensive asset sat there and for him his career is disappearing and you only get one opportunity. He knows that. Nelson and I have an honest relationship.

“We speak at least once a week on it. It is very professional. There are no problems.

“He has not been banished out of the group. He trains every day. I can’t speak highly of how he has handled it.”

The 27-year-old has not featured in City’s first team since the final day of last season.

The former Benfica forward is under contract at Carrow Road until 2020, after signing a four-year deal in 2016. Oliveira has plundered 19 league goals in 65 appearances for the Canaries.

Not according to the official NCFC statement made last night, which states that City have had NO contact from Besiktas or any other club for that matter regarding Oliveira! 

what official statement?  Only thnig I've seen is Paddy's article in the EDP today. Admittedly he's probably got a better knowledge than me...

3 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Not according to the official NCFC statement made last night, which states that City have had NO contact from Besiktas or any other club for that matter regarding Oliveira! 

Oh well, I copied the story from the article by Mark Armstrong on the pinkun home page 28th Nov so assumed it had legs 

I think that excerpt was from a ReadNorwich article, which is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!

The article that popped up on the Pink 'Un was discussing a loan move for him in Jan, with a view to becoming permanent in the summer, I believe. Besiktas was the team mentioned but now we have a piece saying no official approach. I'm not sure whether that meant no approach to BUY in Jan but perhaps an option to loan.

Surely any fee to be payable will depend on Nelson's contract status in the summer, has Nelson's contract got 18 months to go, had hoped his contract was to end in Summer 2019.  Let him go for nothing Forest could be interested.