Sign in to follow this  
Essjayess

Baggies Fixtures...Advantage or not?

Unless ive got it wrong WBA's next 3 games are tonight, again on Friday, followed by the next the following Friday. So they could i think just pip us for top spot before we play Bolton. Just wonder how their fans feel playing a run of games on such odd days. I for one  much prefer the traditional Saturday fixtures, but i guess Sky are turning the Champs tv games more like the Premier each season...but minus a decent pot of tv rights . Hopefully the direction our club is going, next season our pot will be a bigger one.

Sheffield Utd could have gone above us on Saturday but find themselves hanging on to 6th spot on goal difference. West Brom have been far too inconsistent to start chalking up their points before they play. There's always some unexpected results in each round of fixtures and no one is running away with the league this year.

I don't think it particularly matters when teams play, and I actually quite like being able to watch several different games in a row. On Saturday I watched the early and late kick-offs either side of our game. Rather than just seeing the score or 2 minutes of highlights, you get a proper look at how the teams are performing, their tactics, their best and worst players.

I've often wondered if the Championship could be marketed better and raise a bit more money. I think it's every bit as entertaining as the Premier League. It's a shame that we have to get promoted in order to balance the books. The most memorable times for me supporting Norwich (perhaps excluding the first PL seasons and European run) have been in the Championship.

Got to agree with Petriix,so many Teams have gone top only to then fall away. We've as good a chance as any  to hold on to top spot and,while it's possible that we slip up at some time isn't it exciting to see us up there competing? Most were expecting mid table to play offs at best,  we're far exceeding that atm. I guess it's just as exciting at the other end... but we'd have to ask our neighbors about that. 

2 hours ago, Essjayess said:

Unless ive got it wrong WBA's next 3 games are tonight, again on Friday, followed by the next the following Friday. So they could i think just pip us for top spot before we play Bolton. Just wonder how their fans feel playing a run of games on such odd days. I for one  much prefer the traditional Saturday fixtures, but i guess Sky are turning the Champs tv games more like the Premier each season...but minus a decent pot of tv rights . Hopefully the direction our club is going, next season our pot will be a bigger one.

Two from them three games are on Sky, guess Sky can't choose between WBA & Leeds for their favourites

WBA v Villa should be a cracker on Fri night.

I didn't realise how close they were till I checked - 3.9 miles

which is almost the same as Villa and Brum - 3.8 miles

imagine having two clubs that close to Carrow Road

12 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

....40 miles is quite close enough. 

when it's that type of club 😉