Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Maddison’s goal!!

After that quite incredible goal yesterday, his manager comparing him with Glenn Hoddle.

the manager played with Hoddle, so should be a good judge.

JUST HOPE CITY HAVE GOT A GOOD SELL ON CLAUSE.

He will go for a massive fee to one of the big clubs in the summer. Guess that is what we all know is his destiny.

Leicester is 100% the right place for him now, where is is guaranteed a starting place every week.

It was a privilege to have seen such a talent in our colours for a short time. Best here since Graig Bellamy.

That old cliche, football is a funny old game, rears it's ugly head. We sold by far our best player, for good money it has to be said, and a lot were worried, myself included, that we would struggle for goals and as a team, yet now we find ourselves with a far better, more cohesive and more effectual team.

We all loved James, and wish him the greatest career, but selling him may be one of the best things we have done for the club's long term future.

I think it is probably a bizarre coincidence that we are playing better without him.

We are playing much better football all round this year than last.

I don't think it's really that bizarre, it's a mix of factors though. Within 30 yards Maddison and Murphy's first instincts were to shoot. We had strikers that made runs towards the ball instead of the goal and Leitner has come on so much in the deeper midfield role.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think it is probably a bizarre coincidence that we are playing better without him.

We are playing much better football all round this year than last.

Nothing bizarre about it - we have a better playing squad, that's all. Maddison would have fitted into this team fantistically well, but in reality we have better players wide than last season and strikers who know how to play in a team.  Maddison would have added to that of course, if we could have kept him, but we have quality players all over the pitch now and to be frank, we aren't really missing him that much.  Great to have him at the time but we were in transition and he has been a delicious part of that, not just for his football, but for the money we got for him that has helped our club move forwards.

I totally agree with LDC on this one. Maddison is too good a player not to make a team better. The squad has finally clicked this year, but he’s the type of player that can get a win or point when the team is having an off day. 

Whatever we received for both Murphys and Maddison was certainly far more than Onel, Buendia and Leitner cost.

However all six players have 'stepped up' so to speak. That is football, ......right down to the grass roots level.

That money helped us cover wages we were left contracted to after one season the the PL. It has also covered the finding and coaching of the latter three.

I don't doubt others will follow Josh, Jacob and James away from Carrow Road, just as there is now a good possibility that we may pass one (or more) of them going the other way come this May.

Funny old game, football.

I don't think it is a coincidence we are playing better without these guys, the team is far more balanced due to our excellent transfer strategy in the summer

• Like 1

Think he needed a good headline after that pretty disgraceful dive the other day.

18 hours ago, Bill said:

Whatever we received for both Murphys and Maddison was certainly far more than Onel, Buendia and Leitner cost.

However all six players have 'stepped up' so to speak. That is football, ......right down to the grass roots level.

That money helped us cover wages we were left contracted to after one season the the PL. It has also covered the finding and coaching of the latter three.

I don't doubt others will follow Josh, Jacob and James away from Carrow Road, just as there is now a good possibility that we may pass one (or more) of them going the other way come this May.

Funny old game, football.

Agree with this, no doubts anymore that we have a squad that can go all the way this season, the guys are proving it week in , week out, just as we knew Madders was premier class and, in time, will be one of the top premier players. What amazes me to is there are a few guys who still have not had the chance mostly to not feature in the first eleven, either not at all or  infrequently, due to injury or just others playing so well. I expected the likes of McClean, Godfrey, Thompson etc to be a far bigger part of the first eleven. Just shows we do have a squad that has depth to it, not just in numbers but in quality to.