Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Leave Delia out of this ...ok ?

Apparently  there are some fans  out there  who are having a go at Delia !    if they go to the meeting in Diss  tonight  , and  start giving her grief .

Delia  is a COOK    , not a bleeding football coach  !   she ,and her husband  , have  invested big money into our club ,  for some ingrates  to turn  and snap at the heels   of   Delia is beneath contempt ....

There are not many clubs  who would  be willing to come face to face  with  disillusioned fans  after such a bad   first part of the season ,  lets hear what they have to say  .....

Ok, I agree with you, by no stretch of the imagination is she an expert on football. I remember her on tv once saying she got into football when "Britain won the world cup".

But she is one of the few people who can do something about the management of the team, and by her MWJ and "Roger the dodger" constantly preaching the party line of saying "Worthy has no chance of getting sacked" they are asking for some kind of reaction given the teams appaling form.

She also happens to effectively own the whole club and is the only one with any power to make serious decisions about what happens. I am sure no one will have a go at her personally, but she holds a responsible position and needs to answer some tough questions in those other capacities.

This meeting needs a strong ''Chair'' to keep it on track and to get the best out of the supporters viewpoints. If this is not in place then someone has been remiss.

Delia is in this up to her neck, like it or not. She backs a man who is destroying this football club , if we get relegated Delia will go from saint to sinner quicker than our footballing demise .

"Delia is in this up to her neck, like it or not. She backs a man who is destroying this football club , if we get relegated Delia will go from saint to sinner quicker than our footballing demise"

After what she''s done for our club, if Delia ever became a sinner in the eyes of the fans, then the fans would be ..... WRONG.

She needs to act soon, but having trust in her employees is not a bad trait.

After all, Nigel hasn''t done too badly over the years.

[quote user="Mook"]

After all, Nigel hasn''t done too badly over the years.

[/quote]

Well, I don''t know about you Mook, but for me "not too badly" is not good enough for me.

Given the quality of the players he''s had/got at his disposal, I think it''s stretching a bit to say he''s not done too badly, even across the entire period of his reign.

You can''t let what happened 2 seasons ago cloud your judgement - it''s what''s happening now that counts and what''s happening now doesn''t even come close to "not too badly"

[quote user="sheded"]Delia  is a COOK    , not a bleeding football coach  !  [/quote]

Exactly! where as Karen Brady is a business Woman, Not a dinner lady... i know who id rather have in charge.

If Delia wants to be involved with the club she has to be business minded and cut throat enough and roll with the punches as it were

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="sheded"]Delia  is a COOK    , not a bleeding football coach  !  [/quote]

Exactly! where as Karen Brady is a business Woman, Not a dinner lady... i know who id rather have in charge.

If Delia wants to be involved with the club she has to be business

minded and cut throat enough and roll with the punches as it were

jas :)

[/quote]

Doesn`t work like that King ! 

Delia IS a successful businesswoman  , and  thats

because  she concentrated  her business in the area  she

was expert in !     its enough  that she

invested  money in the club  , to ask her  to start

telling   the coaching staff   how they should

operate   is a recipe for disaster ...... isn`t it 

?    could she  do any worse 

??    [:D]

[quote user="premier1"]Delia is in this up to her neck, like it or not. She backs a man who is destroying this football club , if we get relegated Delia will go from saint to sinner quicker than our footballing demise .[/quote]

It''s posts like this that risk destroying the football club. If you''re a fan, act like a fan and take responsibility for what you say. We are mid-table in the league just below the Premiership, we are not plummeting headlong towards the Conference, and there''s no chance that we''ll get relegated.

Sorry Delia and MWJ have done great things for this club and we will be eternally grateful to her for what she has done but at present they are the ones keeping Worthy in the job, they are the ones with the power to sack him and at the end of the day the buck stops with them and they have to be prepared to take the criticism if they are going to take such a stance against the wishes of the majority of the supporters.

I hope it never deteriorates to any personal abuse because they do not deserve that but at the moment I can''t see any way of getting the message through to them if they are totally immune form any criticism ever because they once helped us out of a black hole.

Have any of you actually met Delia? If she wasn''t a celebrity she would probably bee in the Barclay every match teaching them all how to sing and support.

Delia has put her cash and her reputation on the line for this club. She takes outlandish abuse from other supporters on frequent occasions and occasionally some from her own.

If she has a fault then it is that she is too genuine and wears her heart on her sleeve.

Clubs with interfering Chair''s and Owners are often held back by them. Our club has excellent departmental Managers and a struggling but stoic football management.

Personally, I will want Worthy to go when I feel he has given up and lost heart. This has not yet happened.

The players are the ones who must take the bulk of the responsibility. There is a thin line between success and failure in this league. How much better at home did we play up to christmas in the promotion year to this. I think we just took our chances better and won by the odd goal.

Delia really does feel the criticism on a personal level and in my opinion she deserves nothing but support.

I believe this silly women is just as quilty as Worthy in destroying this club, and before anyone asks, no, I won''t apololgise for that.

To say like she did that Wigans success was down to money proves to me how out of touch with reality she really is, Wigan have hardly spent anything, although unlike City, they do have a manager who understands football.

Until City dump her, nothing will change, hell, not only does she back Worthless, she even rated Hamilton!.

And who was here when Walker got stabbed in the back and was sacked?, thats right, Delia Smith.

Stick to cooking dear.

First Wizard you are way out of line on this,if anything were to destroy this club it would be people like you and stupid insulting coments, I would rather have a boad full of Delias than the way things were before SHE SAVED OUR CLUB, I did that in capitals in the hope that you might get the message !

She is a very succsessfull buisnesswoman and her husband also has a highly succesfull biusness past.

I know how hard she works for the club and cant begin to think how insulted she will be by posts like yours, If you are a City fan please start supporting as a true fan not the way you and a minority of other posters are at the moment.

I coldn''t start to think what would happen if she walked away, but who could blame her if she did ?

Before you acuse me of wearing rose tinted glasses I will say that I am like all real fans totaly saddened to se our great club the way it is at the moment, but as a supporter of over 50 years I guiss Ive seen it all before, Things will be turned arround hopfull starting at Coventry tomorrow,I will be there so will 3000 other real suporters

Sorry ..but she is on the board. she helps makes decisions she came out and gave her side of things..  up to neck in a recipe that looks like it is going wrong.. she cannot use this little episode as an out-take from one of her shows.

She has been a god send send to this club and would ever deny that but .. the egg white has hit the fan and she has to stand with the rest of her co horts and except critisism. .. surely she has been long enough to take what ever comes her way. she is not untouchable by critisms the same as anyone isn''t.

Her mentality of us being  little club is still there.. and will always remain.  it is this image of a small friendly little club from the backwaters that won friends in highier places.. and some see fit to keep it there 

As to Wigan I have friends up there who assure me that the money hasn''t been thrown about .it is down to careful management from a manager who is quite good at his job.   I suggest why Wigan is looked upon with scorn  . is the fact that a certain player left this club to go there. And that situashun is not as clear cut as it seems....Normally we like to see a small club conquer all in its path..except when they play us.

Cmon Wiz, People cannot compare ourselves and Wigan as the simple fact is Dave Whelan has pots of money!! Yes he hasnt gone overboard on spending but Wigans squad cost a hell of a lot more than ours does, dont forget apart from Ashton i dont think we have smashed the million mark on many occasions.

As regards Delia i have met the lady, who took the time on a cold winters night in February come to meet about a hundred of us northern canaries in Blackpool, shes warm friendly and definately loves this club, yes i agree her loyalty to Worthington maybe a matter of discussion but not her love of the club.

And Wiz take note there are 3,000 loyal fans going to cheer their team on 2moro inc me and my two lads, could you see Wigan doing the same if they were in our position they would be lucky to pull that in at home if they were where we are today. So cmon Wiz y not do yr bit and cheer the team on instead of endless negative posts!!  

Not that I''m defending the board or Worthy but if we''re making comparisons with Wigan they''ve broken the £10m barrier in terms of signings, contracts, wages. We had £4m to cover all transfers and wages...

[quote user="premier1"]Old Boy , you talk so much claptrap you could be Worthington .[/quote]

You should have seen my post before (presumably) the Mods edited it... It seems to get more and more difficult on all counts to fight the lynch mob on here, but I''ll keep trying.

Oooooooooooh, real supporters at Coventry tomorrow Kidderminster?.........real misguided fools more like!. Whilst you and other gullible fans continue to back Worthy''s team, nothing, repeat nothing, will change, enjoy the defeat!.

Does that sound bitter and angry, good, because I bloody well am mate. Bitter at having Worthy infect my team as manager, and angry because Smith can''t or won''t see it and act.

If she gets upset at what I say, then good, that was the intention, I''m upset after every game, I''m not so sure about her, as I''ve seen her smiling after some defeats!.

We can''t keep harping back to the past, today is now, and Worthy must go, if  Delia follows him, then so be it, no one is irreplacable!.[:@]

I have two further, and thus far, unposted points to add to this debate -

1. What goes around, comes around. Delia was quick enough to have a go at the fans during half time versus Man City last season  when she thought we weren''t "doing our bit" so in my book we have every right to point the finger back if we think likewise.

2. With regards "running the club", did she not announce last year that she was giving up her main job, and sold off her publishing company, so that she could devote more time to the Club. This being so, then she is no longer a cook but a business woman running a football club. Therefore again, we have every right to point the finger at her if we think she''s not up to the job.

After all if Norwich was a Limited Company she''d have the Shareholders to answer to - now they really do get angry when things are not going right.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Delia does have to answer to shareholders and although I''d rather be top of the league and winning every week I am happy with her attitude and continue to support the board.[:)]

[/quote]

Agreed, but there''s a big difference between shareholders of  listed Company and a non listed Company. If City were listed on the Stock Market and you had invested your hard earned money in them, you wouldn''t be best pleased if the share price collapsed as a direct result of the Club''s performance. Under these circumstances you would expect the Directors of the Club to take some action to reverse things and if they didn''t take any action, you''d sure as hell want a good explanation.

At the moment, I don''t see any action, and I don''t see one giving any sort of explanation as to why there''s no action.