kick it off

Ipswich are absolutely embarrassing

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11569030/nottingham-forest-2-0-ipswich

Forest scored two, and hit the woodwork 3 times, in addition to missing about 5 or 6 golden chances. It really could have been double figures if they'd been more clinical.

They are by far the worst side I have ever seen in the Championship...

ISN'T IT F**KING BRILLIANT?!

Oh, and Lambert has had a worse start over 5 games than Hurst did 😄 Maybe he's not a Judas traitor and is just ensuring Hurst's legacy is not repaired. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Yet listen to Lambert and theyre playing brilliantly!!.....propaganda to a new level

He probably thinks a no deal Brexit would be a fantastic opportunity to start trading with the rest of the world.

Why don't you all start a WE HATE LAMBERT campaign

The man did wonders for Norwich after we were  humiliated by a Village team

I think it's sad day that a team with the proudest history of every other club worldwide,  the most talented array of youth prospects ever to be assembled at one club at one time, the very best manager in the Championship, the most statues outside their ground and every other football supporter's second favourite team now find themselves in such a perilous position.

So sad that I'll now need a drink to drown my sorrows.

Nah! Cause for celebration if ever there was one.

What's that six win less games for agent Lambert now? Hurst holds the record for that down there. Can Lambert emulate this feat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was there ever a season when we had almost 4 times their number of points this late in the season ?

Or there being an almost 30 point gap ?

As said elsewhere, we have won more games this season than they have won points.

Nearly 250 days since they last won at home

I they get nothing at Stoke next week I can see the home game against Wigan, that follows, having a very empty poorman road......

.......still, it will be good practice for when Accrington, Fleetwood and Rochdale come a callin' 🤣

47 minutes ago, daly said:

Why don't you all start a WE HATE LAMBERT campaign

The man did wonders for Norwich after we were  humiliated by a Village team

He was doing a job.He did it well and we all loved him for it.

That apart there's not much to like about the man.

I realised that he lacked class when he gave that after annual club dinner speech and filled it with the "crap" word. Bad form, imo, and I'm no Mary Whitehouse at the best of times.I cannot recall exactly but did this take place just after the secret sessions with the Villa representatives.

Since then, his managerial ride has been bumpy to say the least and it's been a journey that has landed him with a reputation for not being the easiest or most loyal of persons to employ.

He certainly seems very self-seeking and mercenary and I have little doubt that it's the bucks rather than the job in hand that led him to Portman Road.

He clearly thinks/thought little of NCFC despite the fact that we presented him with what was to be his first real managerial breakthrough and one which would lead him onto better things and towards a healthier bank balance than that "village team" would have afforded him.

Sorry, but no long term love-in from me then.

(Now as for Grant Holt, Wes Hoolahan and a few of the other participants in that particular joyride  xxxxx)

Edited by BroadstairsR

“I realised that he lacked class when he gave that after annual club dinner speech and filled it with the "crap" word. “

never heard of this Broadstairs, please enlighten. 

I agree though, as well as he did for us, he does lack class and doesn’t appear to be a good man. In fact him and Ipswich I think are probably well matched.

He lacked class when he came back to carrow rd on 2 occasions with villa beating us each time and sarcastically waving at both our fans and our directors box after each victory.

That was the moment I realised what sort of a man he is....to now have gone to them merely reinforces that.

For them to go down together would be just the most magnificent sight.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

"..... never heard of this Broadstairs, please enlighten."

The club annual dinner and I believe the last he attended.

In his speech he called everything and everybody "crap" I seem to recall. He pretended it was all in jest.

Some will have a better memory than me about the occasion and the performance.

**** off Paul Lambert, oh what can it mean to a sad Scottish **** and **** football team. 

I'm with Chris Sutton on this one. Why on earth did he take that job.

Along with a few on here, I loved the promotion years and the turn around under his tenure.  Unfortunately he left under a cloud and although a few wanted him back at various times I don't think they would want him back now. There was concern initially that PL would have the nous to turn it around,  that appears to have been unfounded. If they're already down or on the brink when they come to CR he's going to get all sorts. 

Taking us from the bottom of L1 to mid-table PL in 3 seasons was more than a job... No-one expected him to do that. It was a miracle. It helped stabilising our debt-ridden club financially, which greatly helps  us from falling back to the levels of pre-Lambert times. 

I consider starting a what did Lamert do to us thread.

And another called Paul Lambert's Christmas  (Lambo was not a good man/He had hiss little ways/ and somtimes noone spoke to him/For days and days and days...)

• Like 1

First paragraph may be indicates that it's "stating the obvious day." We all know what Lambert did for our club and nobody needs reminding of the miracle that transpired whilst he was at  Carrow Road.

That doesn't mean that we should worship his memory for ever more and despite his subsequent actions whilst at Norwich, then at Carrow Road with Villa and culminating in his current amusingly cynical performance at Portman Road.

Neither do we resent him for seeking more lucrative pastures. All of Saunders, Bond and Walker did the same, but all in a more acceptable way. Ron Saunders was a gentleman, John Bond said he would "Walk back to Norwich" for the chance to resume his role at Carrow Road after his failure in Manchester and Mike Walker actually returned to manage the club. Mr. L. emphatically put two fingers up at us all. Now that is "crap."

Personally, the man gives me the creeps and quite a few others on here seem to hold him in a less than favourable light as well.

Give us credit for being able to see the wood from the trees.

Anyhow he's yesterday's man in a world that evolves at speed. I've no gripe about him actually going to our rivals as allegiances change frequently in football, but I will nevertheless  requiesce in his failure.

I much prefer Daniel Farke,  both as a coach and a man. Now he is class.

Btw. Mr. B.C. I clicked the "like" response by error, but nevertheless expect you to have some admirers over this matter.😉

Edited by BroadstairsR

7 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

It is a beautiful thing watching how is reign down the road is turning into a disaster 

This particular "Messiah" seems totally unable to turn water into wine.

Looks like Lambo is getting his escape plan ready.🤣

"If we can stay in the fight, I think we are in a seven-team league at the bottom. If we can get a little bit of help in January, let's see what happens.

"We cannot give away sloppy goals against a side of the calibre of Forest, who have invested well."

Apples

Judging by some of the replies a sense of reality is beginning to dawn on some of them at least.

" Manchester City had never had our sustained European pedigree when they went down "

" there arguably aren't any clubs in that time with a bigger history.

dear me, does anyone under 45 know, or even care about, their 'glorious history ' ?

the majority of LI fans will simply see them as nothing more than a Charlton, Barnsley, Blackpool or Coventry

a club who were once in the PL and now have a ground that is far too big for the size of their support

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Accrington away, that will be interesting 

trial run for next season 😅

• Haha 1