kick it off

Ipswich are absolutely embarrassing

" Manchester City had never had our sustained European pedigree when they went down "

Eh? I believe that they once won the Inter City Fairs Cup or equivalent, nothing else whatsoever. If that's a "sustained European pedigree" then our own Dennis the Menace is a "sustained European superstar."

I'm tempted to add that the binners, in times of crisis, are reminding themselves about their 'history' for consolation but it's an incessant thing at all times in any case.

No other club's supporters the length and breadth of the land and further afield continually go on about a so-called "history."

It's all the more hilarious because it really amounts to **** all in the context of the achievement of dozens of others and it all took place in the stone age in any case.

P.S. No insult meant for Dennis  Sbreny. I love you really and anticipate you will one day become a City superstar.

(unless we hit the Premier League that is.)

Edited by BroadstairsR

For Lambert, it was an alignment of stars with us, right place, right time. We were on our knees. A big fish in a small pond. Most half decent managers would have pulled us back into the Championship in season one. Seasons two and three were excellent... he did well, but how much of that was down to him? Culverhouse clearly was doing the day to day work. We had leaders on the pitch. The moment Lambert and Culverhouse split was when Lambert lost his mojo. He may keep Ipswich up this season... but he's more likely to quit after a frustrating January window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

For Lambert, it was an alignment of stars with us, right place, right time. We were on our knees. A big fish in a small pond. Most half decent managers would have pulled us back into the Championship in season one. Seasons two and three were excellent... he did well, but how much of that was down to him? Culverhouse clearly was doing the day to day work. We had leaders on the pitch. The moment Lambert and Culverhouse split was when Lambert lost his mojo. He may keep Ipswich up this season... but he's more likely to quit after a frustrating January window.

God I hate this revisionism.

At least he can still have a laugh - those joke specs take me back to Radio one roadshow circa 1980s

image.thumb.png.828465726e304e12e9dec57d66aa81c9.png

1 hour ago, king canary said:

God I hate this revisionism.

I said the same thing from pretty soon after he walked. He was the 21st century Mike Walker. Right place, right players, right time. Can't even come close to replicating his success elsewhere.

• Like 1

And the gap continues to grow, now 32 points. Also 8 points from safety after Millwall's draw today. 

Edited by Surfer

The problem for the paupers is that gap is not only not closing, but is actually increasing.

Unless the pick up points at home to Wigan next week they will likely to be a dozen or more points behind come the net year

As Sheff U at home followed by QPR and Boro away will not see much earned there.

It's great to see the paupers blaming everyone else and some even still believing they can go on a run and get out of this. Of course their history always comes into play, they'll be expecting to beat Wigan next week quite simply because they won something 35 years ago. 

Lambert is without a win in 6 games yet they still swallow the ****.

Six and counting. Will he equal mini-mans's abysmal record?

It will all be fine in January once the mercenary Messiah has had a chance to plug the gaps(with no money.)

Liked his comment after yesterday’s match “we’re not far from being a right top side” 

Take out ‘being’ and he’s pretty close to the truth for once.

At some point they will have a mini revival for a few games but at that stage it will be too late to make a difference to their plight stranded at the bottom.

Correct TIL, we don't want them blown away,  much more fun to see them cling to false hope, suffering right through to the end of the season. 

I heard that some Scum players have more points on their driving licence than they have in The Championship.

On 01/12/2018 at 19:45, BroadstairsR said:

I think it's sad day that a team with the proudest history of every other club worldwide,  the most talented array of youth prospects ever to be assembled at one club at one time, the very best manager in the Championship, the most statues outside their ground and every other football supporter's second favourite team now find themselves in such a perilous position.

So sad that I'll now need a drink to drown my sorrows.

Nah! Cause for celebration if ever there was one.

What's that six win less games for agent Lambert now? Hurst holds the record for that down there. Can Lambert emulate this feat?

To get to the magic 50 points they need another 39, so pretty much the equivalent of top 6 performance. It's not impossible but needs an improbable run of games/wins, and no slip ups between now and the end of the season.

If they go down they will lose around £7m in income (TV money/tickets)

I doubt the irony of them having to suffer through a drastic cut in income will be lost on most. As this is what the shyster Sheepshanks was telling gormless at their AGM in Dec 2002

" We remain solvent as we are able to meet our liabilities as and when they fall due and our bankers remain supportive. "

A few weeks later they were in administration, with no warning. Local suppliers and contractors did not have a season to prepare themselves for the loss of money when the binners defaulted on payments to them. That loss of money was not any cause of theirs. Whereas yet again the responsibility lies solely with those at poorman road....who have been poncing above their weight for years, if not decades.

Always expecting someone else to pick up the tab. Just like the bloke you know who always tries to dodge out off his round. Sadly, for the paupers time has finally caught up with them.

Maybe moving in with Colchester may soon become a financial necessity rather than an idle thought.

Let then twist a little in the wind before they finally go down. However in the meantime we'd like them to go on a little run and gather some points please ... that'll achieve the above and help us, specifically in these games over Christmas.

Edited by Surfer