Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Rotherham match thread

Well done City. We'll forget about the first half😀

Mind the gap!!! All 28 points of it.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Come on the Villa!

Aye, them to win well preferably will give us a couple of games breathing space.

Still think Trybull should have started, not Vrancic. Our first half play was far too slow; it was as if Mario's languid style permeated the entire team. 

• Confused 2

I doubt I was alone in thinking this would be a really hard game. But a look at Hull's recent performances, the loss to Forest aside, makes Tuesday's point look better than it might have appeared at the time.

Great 2nd half with Vrancic, Cantwell and Aarons all stepping up.

And the scum (spit) have the lowest points total outside thr EFl. Happy days.

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I doubt I was alone in thinking this would be a really hard game. But a look at Hull's recent performances, the loss to Forest aside, makes Tuesday's point look better than it might have appeared at the time.

Indeed, and among those results a 1:0 win over Leeds. Still, I think we were stymied as much by the conditions as by Hull's spot on, energetic high press tactics.

The negative nancies not returned to this thread to celebrate the win? Oh well, never in doubt after half time.

42 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Have to disagree with that, a draw would be better imo, keeps the points tally down for Boro and Villa.

Not sure. Usually I think its better if your nearest rivals share 2 points rather than one getting 3 when theres so many games left in the season.

But in this situation a win would put Villa on 31 with Boro on 35. I do think a well orgnaised Pulis team thats only conceded 11 all season will probably finish above Villa this season so ill happily have them get the points today! will leave us 5 clear of 3rd (at least  until WBA play tomorrow.)

• Like 1

This team as Improved so much !

ok 1st half we were not at the races that happens the most important thing is we ground it out and won ,

winning the league / going up is never a easy thing to do but if you have that team spirit and can grind out wins when you have a off day are the teams that Normally are near the top at the end of the season 

This Season has turned from sack the H/C  Farke  ( my thought ) to anything is possible its the style of the winning games like this  that has impressed me most not the 4-0 etc thrashings of other teams 

14 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Villa one up

Goal keeping error by the Championship's most reliable keeper, Randolph. And a few minutes earlier he had pushed a left handed save straight out; in this instance though Villa had no one following up and Boro had two defenders back to clear. Given that earlier in the afternoon Leeds were gifted three points by another keeping error, maybe some posters should stop pretending that TK is uniquely fallible.

• Like 2

To create 5 or 6 clear goal scoring opportunities against a well organised side determined to stick 11 behind the ball shows how far we've come.

First goal looked well offside live, although admittedly i sit lower barclay so couldnt see the line.

Whenever you think we might be starting to tail off we come back. Delighted for Todd whos fantastic technical ability on the ball helped carve opportunities out of a determined Rotherham.

• Like 1

Goal was never offside. Well apart from the 3 players between Max & the goal.

I'm wondering if part of our success is down to the opposition having to run their testicles off to keep up with our ability to move them around. Hence our ability to steamroller teams as the match goes on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I'm wondering if part of our success is down to the opposition having to run their testicles off to keep up with our ability to move them around. Hence our ability to steamroller teams as the match goes on.

Yep I think it’s no coincidence we score so many later into the game

another fantastic comeback win to stay top :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Negative Ninnie comment.

Wasn't aimed at you, I was thinking of someone who I haven't seen posting recently until we were one nil down then they appear like magic. Then disappear just as quickly!

2 hours ago, ron obvious said:

As I read hoggy's post, he is referring to the Rotherham goal being offside. I don't think there was any question of offside in our equaliser.

2 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

As I read hoggy's post, he is referring to the Rotherham goal being offside. I don't think there was any question of offside in our equaliser.

Errm ... well, yes ....I was referring to Max's more usual role ...

Perhaps your irony meter is turned off? :classic_smile:

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Errm ... well, yes ....I was referring to Max's more usual role ...

Perhaps your irony meter is turned off? :classic_smile:

I think my brain was turned off ron! 😡

1 hour ago, Rivvo said:

Wasn't aimed at you, I was thinking of someone who I haven't seen posting recently until we were one nil down then they appear like magic. Then disappear just as quickly!

Fair play