Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Rotherham match thread

I would say that although I will defend Krul as I think for the most part he's been great, this failure to push the ball away into non-dangerous errors is really starting to stack goals against.

Plenty of time left, not the first time we've had to climb a mountain this season. Come on boys!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I spend a lot of the Winter in that part of the World. I didn't bother with the service last time but will be serious about it this  time.

Is it as straight forward as it is in England for those few televised (Sky) games re: reception, paying with UK card etc?

I have previously tried to get illegal streams when in Thailand but without much luck.. although my attempts were insipid as the time difference doesn't go well with the alcohol intake. I thought may be that these were blocked/censored as with the Daily Mail.

I registered for iFollow when I got here. I used my U.K. credit card and am now watching my 3rd game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Rotherham are running midfield. They are looking quicker and ready to work hard.

Indeed. They have so many bodies in the middle we can't do much. Wing play required.

OTBC

Too calm in midfield for me. We are looking like last year's team. We aren't getting behind them much and their CB's can just boot it away. Our bench doesn't look to have any real width with it so DF is going to have to inspire them, which he has done many times this season at half time.

Honestly, I would get Vrancic into no.10 and a Trybull or Godfrey into CM. We need to be more competitive in the middle and no other available player can spot a little pass through a congested defence like Mario. Stiepermann hasn't done poorly but like Cantwell is currently a little too blunt in an attacking sense for me.

Poor first half from us, we don't seem to be as cohesive as we have in recent games.  Their keeper hasn't had to make a save as far as I can recall.  Krul error for their goal and it's becoming a consistent problem, parrying the ball back out in front of him.  He did it twice on Tuesday. Buendia seems a bit out of sorts and with Cantwell playing on the right for a lot of that half, we lack balance.

Let's hope for a better second half. COYY!

Too crowned in the middle; I'd get Marshall on if things don't change. Need some direct-running aggressive wing play. Time for him to show us what he can do. 

Godfrey in CM to give us more bite is also a good shout (but won't happen).

OTBC

I'm afraid you will only see the first change in the 75th minute 

Edited by ROBFLECK