Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Final 2 games for Ipswich

Their last 2 games of the season are against Leeds and Sheffield United. They will surely have been relegated long before then so we won't be getting any favours from them. We really should be thinking about a Relegation Party and perhaps a charity sweepstake to guess the date of their demise😊

At this rate, the Transfer Window will still be open, by the time it is confirmed.

Their enthusiasm as to whom they may sign (either permanently or on loan) is laughable. Who on earth would want to join them, when they are in such a perilous position, is deluded thinking. People would only sign if 1p5wich were the only offer on the table, and there was no chance of them getting game time at their current clubs. Of course, the Binners will not be paying big bucks for loans, as they have no money.

In all my years, this is the best time I can ever remember to laud it over them, and it looks like it is going to get even better.........

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Their last 2 games of the season are against Leeds and Sheffield United. They will surely have been relegated long before then so we won't be getting any favours from them. We really should be thinking about a Relegation Party and perhaps a charity sweepstake to guess the date of their demise😊

I would forget any thought of relegation parties because the way things are going, we may be wanting them to beat Leeds and/or Sheffield Utd.  It would be quite good if they are still fighting in those last two games. 

Dead right LDC, have them still fighting , win those last two, but other results go against them and they go down, while we go up.

This years annual 'bet with a binner at work' has a double double jeopardy element. We normally have a tenner on who finishes higher in the division. This year, if we go up it doubles to €20, if they go down as well, then its €40.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I would forget any thought of relegation parties because the way things are going, we may be wanting them to beat Leeds and/or Sheffield Utd.  It would be quite good if they are still fighting in those last two games. 

The way things are going?? We’re 19 games in, this isn’t February or March. Who knows where we (or they) will be around that time. You seem far too worried about the end of the season and not enjoying the ride we’re on for now. 

Again, far too far away to be worrying about that yet. Do our own thing and we don’t have to worry about that lot...other than laughing at their continual demise game after game.

• Like 2

Someone has said that it is mathematically possible that we could relegate them, by the time they come to play us. I'll keep that in mind for  day or two, so apologies for those around me, if they see a silly grin on my face, until that possibility changes.

The way things are going?! Come on LDC, a draw after 6 successive wins can be argued that it is a downturn in form, but not many people will support that

26 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

You seem far too worried about the end of the season and not enjoying the ride we’re on for now.

The ride is brilliant and I am enjoying it no end,  but I don't think we should lose sight of the goal either.  What's more important, that Ipswich suffer or that our main rivals get points taken off them?

well... I think focussing on our own performances and the ultimate goal of getting promoted is the most important obviously... 

I just don't think they could harm Leeds or Sheffield...binners really are cr@p...so we shouldn't get "our hopes up" of them getting results against these teams...

I'm loving the ride ... I like to see them suffering but I don't focus on it...

otbc

• Like 1

Agreed but one of the best things about watching a promotion push is seeing how our results relate to the teams around us also pushing for promotion.  We are not going to win every game, much as I'd like us to, but in the odd game where lose or draw, we will need the teams around us to drop points also.  In the pressure of the last few games of the season (unless we are well ahead by then) we will definitely appreciate the help of any team that can take points off them - and as it stands at the moment Sheff U and Leeds are two that could be up there with us.  If it comes down to it, I'll be rooting for us to win and Ippo to get points in their last two games.

I still think theyre somehow going to get out of it......ordinarily any team who have won 1 in 18 should be cut irrepairably adrift even by now but because theyve had a fair percentage of draws coupled with there being a handful of poor sides just above them means that they a only a couple of results from catching them.

Hopefully a hard looking run of fixtures they have in the lead up to christmas will see that gap increase from the 6 it is now to the 10+ it should more realistically be

Would be the most fantastic season if we were to go up at the same time as the trapdoor finally opened for them!

We probably need to get another 50 points to threaten the autos though so there is such a long way to go before we need to start worrying about other teams dropping points. One exciting game at a time at the moment.

2 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

The way things are going?? We’re 19 games in, this isn’t February or March. Who knows where we (or they) will be around that time. You seem far too worried about the end of the season and not enjoying the ride we’re on for now. 

Again, far too far away to be worrying about that yet. Do our own thing and we don’t have to worry about that lot...other than laughing at their continual demise game after game.

Exactly mate - too many on here seem to be more concerned with Ipswich than our own exciting journey - gets more like TWTD on here everyday 

• Like 1

"-- too many on here seem to be more concerned with Ipswich...."

I enjoy being "concerned" with this rivalry, as many others on here seem to do as well. It's part of the fun of supporting  any football club as fans the length and breadth of the country will testify.

Nobody on a football forum is going to tell me just how I may or may not find my enjoyment and I cannot for the life of me see any way in which it detracts from my interest in our own "exciting journey."

They seem to be the one side, along with Bolton, who seem to have so little in the locker that relegation could rightly be considered a formality. I cannot think of one of their players I would wish at Carrow Road in a million year, and this even after being subject to the usual 'over-biggin up' of their own, especially the youngsters, that any regular "impartial" visitor to TWTD is subject to. Their strike force is particularly abysmal and the fact that the much maligned Freddie Sears is now the star of the outfit speaks volumes about the lack of Championship class available.

We have recently seen that Millwall, with their own set style, can be dangerous at times and Hull were no  mugs the other night. With 1p5wich the only redeeming factor seems to be the fact that Paul Lambert at least has the experience  for a fight and may have connections which could lead to significant strengthening at the next window. However, the 38 years old Peter Crouch seems to be the one they all expect to change things around.

Factors mitigating this last point are that the others will strengthen also, that the binners could be too for adrift for any improvement in the squad to provide the necessary rescue act and the expected closed pockets of an owner who seems to have come to the conclusion that investing anything but the minimum into that club is throwing good money after bad. 

We have had our ups and downs over the last decade or so , but these are usually from a height, and only seem to dip so far before fortunes change, but for years now I have wondered how they put up with such a consistently poor level of achievement, as supporting ITFC has long, long been a particularly miserable experience.

There could hardly have been many more than 12, 000 actual home fans there last night, poor but surprising given the constant let downs.

Fortunes change rapidly in football. Our current amusement could soon kick us in the posterior areas, but if we cannot gloat now we never can.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

….We are not going to win every game...

I'm fed up with your pessimism...😡

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

The ride is brilliant and I am enjoying it no end,  but I don't think we should lose sight of the goal either.  What's more important, that Ipswich suffer or that our main rivals get points taken off them?

I would suggest that, at this point, we don't even know if those two will be our main rivals towards the end of the season. Ok, they look fairly decent, but this is the Championship and something weird or unexpected, shall we say, always happens!

This is the worst Ipswich side in my lifetime (age mid 40's) and quite possibly since the 1950's?.....my god if now isn't the time to rejoice in their suffering I don't know when is?

Anyone remembering the stick we got from them when we went down to league one will be loving every minute of this. Their joy was shortlived after we won that league and then went straight past them them into the premier league whilst spanking them 4-1 and 1-5 along the way.

However as I said earlier in this thread I'm still not convinced they will go down and you have to ask, If they dont this season when will they ever?

They might come back stronger if they did get relegated but theres also a possiblity that they might go down and languish in the lower leagues for years in front of 4 figure gates such as a coventry,plymouth,swindon or a bradford (with about 8000 less fans)....and that would be a beautiful thing to see

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woodman said:

Attendances: v West Brom - 22,995. v Bristol City- 13,726. Over 9,000, that's 9,000 difference!

I wonder how low it can go.

Can't see it going below 10k, but sub 12 wouldn't surprise me.

54 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This is the worst Ipswich side in my lifetime (age mid 40's) and quite possibly since the 1950's?.....my god if now isn't the time to rejoice in their suffering I don't know when is?

Anyone remembering the stick we got from them when we went down to league one will be loving every minute of this. Their joy was shortlived after we won that league and then went straight past them them into the premier league whilst spanking them 4-1 and 1-5 along the way.

However as I said earlier in this thread I'm still not convinced they will go down and you have to ask, If they dont this season when will they ever?

They might come back stronger if they did get relegated but theres also a possiblity that they might go down and languish in the lower leagues for years in front of 4 figure gates such as a coventry,plymouth,swindon or a bradford (with about 8000 less fans)....and that would be a beautiful thing to see

They will be a big fish in League One. I said years ago when Mick saved them that long term they would have been better off going down. Get rid of the rubbish and build a young side and come back up in much better shape. It worked for us so no reason to suppose it can't work for them.

However putting my yellow and green glasses back on I hope they stay down and never darken our door again.🚜

I feel fortunate that I can find time in my day to revel in what they are going through, and love what we are going through.

Tomorrow is another day, but tomorrow may never come..............

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

They will be a big fish in League One

Not sure about that, will they really be any bigger than Coventry or Charlton? They think they’re still famous in Europe, but in reality no one cares about them.

True Frank, a flick through TWTD is all the proof you need. They seem uniquely delusional among football fans,  nowhere else do you hear so much talk about their 'history 'and how it somehow makes them relevant. The very idea that because they had a purple patch 40 years ago the rest of football owes them some respect. For our part, we've been a yoyo Club over the last 50 years, most of our support understand who and what we are,  down the road it's a very different story. 

• Like 1

Timely that there were 2 former european cup winners playing against each other in this league last night in the crazy 5-5 draw...one with only one star on their shirt the the with only 2....and neither even with far more jusfication can surely bang on about their history a much as the blue filth?

15 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

nowhere else do you hear so much talk about their 'history '.........

They'll soon be confined to history.....

Forever.

• Like 1

If or when they go down to L1 lots of other factors apart from player turnover would come into play.Lack of revenue etc plus would they keep their fans onside like City did I somehow don’t think so.They could well be on a journey to nowhere.History will count for nothing in L1 or L2.