Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

So who will be our Derby opponents next season

Spurs or Leicester. Spurs are a few miles closer, but Leicester are our more natural rivals being similar types of clubs.

Edited by Surfer

49 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Surely it depends on which Division we're in. 

you think we might be relegated as well ?

🤓

If we don’t reach the Promised Land, Pledged Plot or Suggested Sod then on current standings (what’s coming up, down & staying the same ) it could be:

Peterborough

Luton

After that you’re getting into your Millwalls, your Charltons and your  Fulhams and Forests.

...But is it decided on straight line distance (oh, if I just had the wings of a crow), travel distance or travel time?

Might have to consult the Derby Clubs Certification Committee (famously based in Accrington).

🤓

Well Ipswich will have Colchester if current form is anything to judge by.

And we don't really need a Derby game next season if we are in the Prem. Virtually every game will be even more intense on the pitch.

I'd like to change my answer:

If we go up it won't be Newcastle, if we stay in this league it won't be Swansea, and if we go down it won't be Plymouth.

There, I think I've exhausted all of the possibilities?

Spot on, Surfer. Define everyone else but those three as our local derbies (36 or 44 games depending which league).

Sit back and reap the benefits of the extra motivation and excitement all season

14 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

🤓

If we don’t reach the Promised Land, Pledged Plot or Suggested Sod then on current standings (what’s coming up, down & staying the same ) it could be:

Peterborough

Luton

After that you’re getting into your Millwalls, your Charltons and your  Fulhams and Forests.

...But is it decided on straight line distance (oh, if I just had the wings of a crow), travel distance or travel time?

Might have to consult the Derby Clubs Certification Committee (famously based in Accrington).

🤓

Of the London teams, I would think that Millwall and Charlton are fairly close calls based on travel distance/time. Luton's a b1tch to get to from Norwich.

West Ham is a bit closer than Leicester and easily the easiest-to-get-to PL team. Stratford itself is also a handy place from which to go south by rail/tube (eg Palace, Charlton, possibly Millwall).

Let West Ham have Crystal Palace, they deserve each other, and Spur's (same distance) rival is Arsenal.

So if not Ipswich, I'd still pick Leicester, less than 20 miles further than either of those, but they play in blue and we share some common traits such as being a large regional historical city, similar size stadium, and we've got some recent form between us. They also happen to have won the league, someone else did that didn't they?

Next year Ipswich may be able to choose between Colchester or Southend, time for us to pick a new rival... 

Edited by Surfer

This is all nonsense. Nobody could possibly replace Ipswich Town.

Love them to bits.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Waving banknotes at the shrine, relegation countdown clocks, banners trailing from light aircraft flying over Carrow Road, signs hanging from bridges on the route to Wembley, the visible deflation of our last minute equaliser, King Keano? Come on! No replacement as rivals could possibly emulate that catalogue of misplaced attempts at belittling the vastly superior NCFC.

Now we have the glorious spectacle of Paul Lambert's cynical con trick unfolding before our very eyes (and 11,000 binners.)

ITFC. The perfect rivals.

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Indeed

Why not?

The facts speak for themselves, no fun in denying them.

Enjoy the moment says I.

Edited by BroadstairsR

It will still be Ipswich, but we'll be restricted to playing them in the checkatrade trophy... Granted it will be our u23s, but that just means they have a slight chance of not losing....